Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I am confused. Update 6 and Tamriel Unlimited

Elsonso
Elsonso
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
During the ESO presentation today, they made reference to Tamriel Unlimited being 1.6 and they said that Update 6 had everything in it for Crowns. The features would simply be turned on when the time came.

But...

Update 6 is supposed to not have the entire Champion System or the final Justice System.

Does Update 6 now contain these systems, finished?

Is there an Update 7 that finishes them off between now and Console release? Is it part of Tamriel Unlimited or is it the first DLC?

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Lord_Bidr
    Lord_Bidr
    ✭✭✭
    I want to answer this but...*sniff, gotta fight the emotions*...no, I refuse to do it. What if ZOS goes back on their words again?
    ~ The brightest lights often cast the darkest shadows. ~
  • jopeymonster
    jopeymonster
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine that 1.6 is really 1.6a, which introduces the new systems, but keeps Vets. Then 1.6b (not 1.7, or maybe 1.7) is the removal of Vet levels and the completion of the system overhauls. This is likely the version that will be released with console.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ - Can clarify?
    #nerfkeyboards
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Tamriel Unlimited includes all content up to (and including) Update 6, which we're aiming to publish on the PTS next week. Once we've collected and address feedback and feel it's ready to push live, it will go without the Crown Store at first. Then, on March 17th, the Crown Store will be turned on.

As far as the Champion and Justice systems, nothing has changed from what we've previously discussed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • THammer
    THammer
    Will Spell Crafting be a DLC you have to buy?
  • Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭
    THammer wrote: »
    If you keep subbing like you have to this day, you wont need to buy any DLC. You will get them all with your sub.

I am not sure at the moment if I wan't to continue playing. If I do, I directly support downfall of MMO industry by giving money to f2p-crap games.
  • Nikolas
    Nikolas
    ✭✭✭
    Tamriel Unlimited includes all content up to (and including) Update 6, which we're aiming to publish on the PTS next week. Once we've collected and address feedback and feel it's ready to push live, it will go without the Crown Store at first. Then, on March 17th, the Crown Store will be turned on.

As far as the Champion and Justice systems, nothing has changed from what we've previously discussed.

Employer of ZOS said it.... History shows that it must be the truth since they never lied to us... Ah, wait...
  • Dazin93
    Dazin93
    ✭✭✭✭

If you think your going to get legitimate feedback from most of the current player base then your probably as naive as those that actually believed all your statements this last year.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Got it. Thanks for the quick answer!

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • glak
    glak
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT: My question is answered by @Govalon‌ below.
    Edited by glak on January 21, 2015 11:14PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about the underlying question here and in other threads?

Update 1.6 doesn't include the PvP part of the Justice System or the final phase of Champion System (e.g. removal of veteran ranks). If as you say, nothing has changed, then those will be released after the B2P model is fully implemented. So will they be free or paid DLC? Logically, updates to basic game systems should be free (how else are you going to work with some players having veteran ranks and others not...?), but a clarification would be appreciated.
  • jpatek0501ub17_ESO
    jpatek0501ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dose the Crown store have ESO theme Tissue, I need a box you jerks.
  • Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Does this mean that 1.6 on PTS will be testable via those who no longer have an active subscription but do have an ESO account?
    No. They said in esolive that you need to have sub to log in to PTS. This is still a sub based game and will be till march 17
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Are you still planning on removing Vet Ranks as final phase of Champion System? Will that go out as normal game maintenance and thus be free to everyone? Or will it be part of DLC that requires payment or Plus subscription?
  • THammer
    THammer
    Govalon wrote: »
    If you keep subbing like you have to this day, you wont need to buy any DLC. You will get them all with your sub.

I am not sure at the moment if I wan't to continue playing. If I do, I directly support downfall of MMO industry by giving money to f2p-crap games.

I am not sure that is how it will be. According to some on the forums, subbing will be like renting DLC. If that is true, then you will lose DLC when you stop subbing. I am worried about that, as then I am just subbing to get 10% bonus and temporary content.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dose the Crown store have ESO theme Tissue, I need a box you jerks.

Not sure why I laughed at this but i did. I think the "you jerks' comment got me.
  • Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭

I am not sure that is how it will be. According to some on the forums, subbing will be like renting DLC. If that is true, then you will lose DLC when you stop subbing. I am worried about that, as then I am just subbing to get 10% bonus and temporary content.

Yes, that is exactly how it will be. If you stay subbed like you have stayed until now, you will be able to play all DLC at anytime. If you drop your sub, you won't be able to play any DLC until you sub again or buy those DLC separately. If I continue this game, I will stay subbed as long as I play because I use 20 euro bills to wipe my ass every time I use toilet. It is nothing so better to just stay subbed and forget about all the hassle with DLC.

[EDIT] You will get to keep all items you have earned even if you don't sub anymore. You just won't be able to do said DLC dungeons or enter DLC zones.
    Edited by Govalon on January 21, 2015 11:21PM
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you're subbing from now on you're 'renting' the game content, stop your sub and you lose access to the content. To regain access, you'll either have to purchase all the content separately, or start your sub again. The question is, what parts of the game will be 'free to play', and what parts will you have to pay for.
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    When is Imperial City, spellcrafting, and justice system pvp coming, and vet ranks going away?
    Edited by Kevinmon on January 21, 2015 11:27PM
  • THammer
    THammer

When you're subbing from now on you're 'renting' the game content, stop your sub and you lose access to the content. To regain access, you'll either have to purchase all the content separately, or start your sub again. The question is, what parts of the game will be 'free to play', and what parts will you have to pay for.

Thus my original question. Will game mechanics, such as spell crafting be DLC?

Also, I am wondering if it will be cheaper to just buy the DLC as needed, because I don't need a 10% bonus to that other stuff.

I will probably keep subbing anyway, but I hope that they do this right.
  • Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭

Also, I am wondering if it will be cheaper to just buy the DLC as needed, because I don't need a 10% bonus to that other stuff.

We have no idea what the prices will be for invidual DLC's. Keep in mind that if you keep subbing, you will get 1500 crowns every month you stay subbed. If you decide to not sub after some time, you can use these crowns to buy those DLC's you wan't to keep using. I would assume the 10% xp boost is really useful since champion system is supposed to give us almost endless progression.
    Edited by Govalon on January 21, 2015 11:49PM
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's indeed "rent-a-content", as some posters in this thread claim, you will want to buy the DLCs either way. Which way will be cheaper we don't know until we see the price tags.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahah Nah it will be free January 2016.
  • Sprinkles28
    Sprinkles28
    ✭✭✭
    With going free to play and the cash shop, I highly doubt they will ever remove Veteran Ranks. Why should they? They will sell bonus XP potions in the cash store and they already removed the grinding spots so you cannot quickly level your veteran characters. I wouldn't be surprised if they reduced XP on everything making the VR grind even longer. So unless you want to grind away for a year to hit VR cap, you'll spend the money in the cash shop for the "optional" bonus XP buffs. LOL

I can't believe a single word ZOS says so I'll just ignore them. haha At least they told us in advance. For now I'll just play with my friends.
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dose the Crown store have ESO theme Tissue, I need a box you jerk offs.

fixed it
  • darthbelanb14_ESO
    darthbelanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Spoken like someone with little to no experience with F2P games.
  • Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭

Spoken like someone with little to no experience with F2P games.

I have and that is why I know F2P MMORPG's are crap. It is not the payment model I wan't to support because it does not support my way of playing. Here are the most important reasons why ( dont start with sematics, f2p, b2p are the same turd) f2p games are crap:

-Most of their development revolves around cash shop. Good quality content will be in the minority and almost all updates are going towards cash shop. Just like in gw2 where they never release anything but temporary content that lasts 2 weeks and is then gone forever + cash shop items.

-Looking good and having good looking items is big part of MMO. I wan't to earn these cool looking items and mounts. I wan't to work my ass off and then look good and feel good about it. In f2p games, developers will stop creating cool items to earn, to work towards for. They will put them all in the cash shop and earning your looks is not an option. They said it themselfs. "cash shop will contain customization items". Everybody who pays will look cool and those who wont will look like beggars. Paying is not the problem here. I am paying now. The problem is that I want to earn my stuff. Now everyone who is not good as me will look as good as me, now I will look as good as those who are better than me and that is not right.

I wan't work my ass off and then show all the nubs my awesome shadowmere mount, but I can't. Now the nubs and me will just buy the mount with cash, no effort required.

-I have to play with entitled f2p crowd. They are terrible people in all levels. They wan't everything handed to them and all problems solved with credit card. I hate those people.
  • ebunts14_ESO
    ebunts14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The 4 to 6 weeks update we get now may continue but will be more for bug fixes and game improvement. Any new content such as spell crafting or new areas will be in DLC,s.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I believe that the final phase of the Veteran Overhaul and the PvP part of the Justice System will be part of the "regular gameplay updates" which will "remain free".

I'm on the fence about Spellcrafting, as it will be a wide-reaching gameplay mechanic that affects everyone rather than a new zone that it is easy to let people into/out of based on their DLC purchase. Considering you don't lose access to the "items and rewards you earned" in DLC if you stop subbing to ESO Plus, and the spells in the Spellcrafting system are a "reward" for that content, I am thinking (hoping?) that Spellcrafting will not be a DLC.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Personally I believe that the final phase of the Veteran Overhaul and the PvP part of the Justice System will be part of the "regular gameplay updates" which will "remain free".

I'm on the fence about Spellcrafting, as it will be a wide-reaching gameplay mechanic that affects everyone rather than a new zone that it is easy to let people into/out of based on their DLC purchase. Considering you don't lose access to the "items and rewards you earned" in DLC if you stop subbing to ESO Plus, and the spells in the Spellcrafting system are a "reward" for that content, I am thinking (hoping?) that Spellcrafting will not be a DLC.

The way I see it happening is that you get some of the spellcrafting for free. Then there are spells which can be discovered only in DLC content, new zones, dungeons ect. The most powerful spells will be gated behind DLC content obviously. Everybody can discover only the crappiest spells for free
  • Lord_Kreegan
    Lord_Kreegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What we get in March is a precursor to what will be on the console release in June... ZOS will not want to be making a lot of changes (other than DLCs) to the software once the console version is released. So there is plenty of time for them to add more features after the March release (noting that they almost certainly are already working on that content).

I think you should presume June as the deadline for all the other ESO components.