The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

LF Nightblade VR leveling build

Stumkrav
Stumkrav
✭✭
I'm currently playing a SnB, 5heavy / 2LIGHT, sap, swallow, focused attacks, siphoning .... well you know, figure out. But even if it is "safe" and I'm being near immortal, I'm too slow killing enemies.

Wish to know if anyone has leveled recently a NB throught VR maps with a build more focused on harm and with a decent survival. The lack of good defensive CDS and self-healing are killing me (virtually in fact) and I even have thinked to roll a DK or Templar ... but I'd rather stick with my NB to vr14.

Can anyone shed some light, please? :)
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    la + destro staff will help you )). sap+elemental blockade+elemental ring and may be twisting path for aoe.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most take the easy way out with LA staff builds
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    Most take the easy way out with LA staff builds
    Well, I did but not because it was easy, I just wanted to play my NB that way... leech/resto since pre-launch, but that's besides the point.

I have plenty of survivability in light armor right now, but I'm not sure I will come 1.6. I'm using much the same build as OP but with a single target
    Ambush->Surprise Attack->Impale front bar, and an
    AoE Sap/Refreshing Path back bar.
    Both resto, but that's just me.
    I have no troubles in vr zones.

I go magicka heavy, and maybe that's what's making my sap and funnel heal me for more, but I literally only die to certain world bosses.

Oh, I also slot Siphon Spirit (resto), cause I've had a wet dream about that skill since first reading about it, and I just got it :heart_eyes:
    Maybe that's also helping me out more than I thought it would.

I was snb a while but decides to use the skill points on something else and just go resto. I might go back if I have more points in the future and do resto/snb.
    Heck 90%+ of the youtube 1vX'ers use that combo, so it must be useful.

I have also had some luck with this combo:

Siphon Spirit -> Crippling Grasp -> Funnel Health (spam) -> Mass Hysteria -> heavy resto attacks for regen. With or without Siphoning Attacks.