The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Veteran Dragonstar Arena - Sorcerer Tank completion

Saturn
Saturn
✭✭✭✭✭
I haven't really heard much about any other sorcerer tanks beating vDSA, I recently did it, so it is not impossible. If you have beat it as a sorcerer tank, could you let me know?

I recorded it, so here's my proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX9MXq9J7ao
"Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    GOOD! Now I don't have to record this and I can work on my other projects! Sorc tanks have now done ALL OF THE GAMES CONTENT with proof. Eat it haters! Harder, not impossible!
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't even use any armor buffs :( I wanted to see some lightning.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Verdwhisper
    Verdwhisper
    ✭✭✭
    Good job, not the only build for sorcs to tank this though. Congratulations for the completion of HM vet DSA!
  • Verdwhisper
    Verdwhisper
    ✭✭✭
    Also, thank your teammates, for them have faith in you, not the class.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    You didn't even use any armor buffs :( I wanted to see some lightning.

I've found that pretty much all the armour/spell res buffs are useless because of the high amount of magicka you need to keep them constant. Funny how the only three sorcerer abilities I have are Negate, Critical Surge and Mage's Wrath. Zenimax please ;x
    Edited by Saturn on January 18, 2015 9:44AM

Fire and Ice
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, thank your teammates, for them have faith in you, not the class.

Yeah it is hard getting people to go with you when they see you are a sorcerer tank, as if the ability to tank is class dependent. The three people I ran with were good friends of mine though, so that helped immensely with the persuation :p

Fire and Ice
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bristlegut piglet is doing half the tanking. Nerf bacon!

Gz for completion. ;)
    Wololo.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    The bristlegut piglet is doing half the tanking. Nerf bacon!

Gz for completion. ;)

Bacon OP!

Fire and Ice
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats :)
    I completed it as a NB tank some time ago:) Glad to know, that not only templars and DKs can do it , but actually all of us and now it's official haha.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemis wrote: »
    Congrats :)
    I completed it as a NB tank some time ago:) Glad to know, that not only templars and DKs can do it , but actually all of us and now it's official haha.

If you don't me asking, what kind of build did you use?
    I have a NB tank I want to take through it at some point and I was thinking of stacking potion effectiveness glyphs, since that would make a tripot give me rougly 1.5k hp, 1k magicka and stam.

Fire and Ice
  • Storm_Beast
    Hey. I'm a vr10 sorc tank and will be running vdsa soon. Question for ya - did you have a dps chaining adds during the other stages? I've only seen the other stages done w DK tank chaining them in and the group aoe down. How does that work w sorc tank? Any advice? Thanks man and happy to see a sorc tank beating vdsa! Would also love any feedback on my storm beast build posted on the forums.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you don't have a dk in your group you have to do a combination of moving to the ranged guys and using single target to kill them. You might get a lower score than a group with a dk, but you can still complete it without problems.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey. I'm a vr10 sorc tank and will be running vdsa soon. Question for ya - did you have a dps chaining adds during the other stages? I've only seen the other stages done w DK tank chaining them in and the group aoe down. How does that work w sorc tank? Any advice? Thanks man and happy to see a sorc tank beating vdsa! Would also love any feedback on my storm beast build posted on the forums.

All the times I ran it with my Sorcerer tank we did not have any Dragonknights in the group, chains really doesn't do anything but speed up a fight by grouping everything together. Just make sure to taunt everything, particularly ranged enemies. Also, your Negate is a life saver, it can on impact with the ground absorb any AoE, but it also stuns anything inside it, which helps in spots where there are many enemies spawning at the same time.

If you are having trouble on stage 10, try doing the no-split tactic a friend of mine came up with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSrhurjBJiA

Fire and Ice
  • Storm_Beast
    Awesome. Encouraging and very helpful advice. Can't wait to give it a go. Another question - as a 5 heavy, 1 medium 1 light armor, what kind of hp , Stam and armor/spell resist should I be aiming for for vet dsa? I've heard 30k health and 20k resistance minimum w food buffs. That sounds right?
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. Encouraging and very helpful advice. Can't wait to give it a go. Another question - as a 5 heavy, 1 medium 1 light armor, what kind of hp , Stam and armor/spell resist should I be aiming for for vet dsa? I've heard 30k health and 20k resistance minimum w food buffs. That sounds right?

It all depends on your playstyle really. My sorcerer has about 14k stam/magicka with 36k health, 22k spell resist/armour. My Dragonknight has 18k magicka, 13k stam, 31k health, 20k spell resist/armour. My Nightblade has similar stats to my sorcerer but with 40k health.
    If you run a set like Hist Bark and the ability evasion together you can get away with having less armour, since you are dodge attacks you'd otherwise need armour to mitigate.
    I personally like to stick to 7 pieces of heavy when tanking, but that's just me.

What kind of build are you running though? Buff tank? Dodge tank? Bit of everything? Maybe I can give more specific advice.

Fire and Ice
  • Storm_Beast
    I love histbark. When I hit v14 I'm gonna use footman, histbark and malubeth or engine guardian. My build is posted in the link below and I would love your thoughts. Didn't realize evasion and histbark stacked - that's an interesting tactic I'm gonna have to try. Rarely use shields since hardened ward scales off magicka and I don't have a high pool and then bone shield is only for physical. Thought of slotting annulment for spell heavy fights too.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/171073/pve-sorcerer-tank-build-2-0-8-the-storm-beast