The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Provisioning

terriblenewz_ESO
I am at level 7 in Provisioning and have unlocked one of everything all the way to Chef in the Provisioning. However, the game will only let me make Roast Pork. I have a lot of recipes, varying from green to purple that I know. And I have tried everything from highlighting the choices one at a time or together when at the cooking fire ( Have skills, Have ingredients). Nothing works. My sister who is not only lower than me in actual level, but also in Provisioning can make things that I can not. She is at level 7 in Provisioning but only have one of everything down to Recipe Improvement unlocked. I know more recipes than her, yet I can not make them.Even recipes we both know, she can make but I can not. I can not even complete Provisioning Writs. She however can. I got all the way to Level 7 by making Roast Pork, and would like to make other things as well. If I am doing something wrong, please tell me how to correct it. I really enjoy this game and would love to make other things and complete Provisioning Writs.
  • Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you spent any points in the Provisioning skill line?
    Heals With Stick, V11 Argonian Nightblade Healer, NA-EP
  • terriblenewz_ESO
    yes. I have unlocked one of everything down to the Chef
    Edited by terriblenewz_ESO on January 15, 2015 12:15AM
  • Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes. I have unlocked one of everything down to the Chef

You need to spend more than just one point. Are there any that you can now spend a second point in? If so, do that.

Recipe Improvement is the skill that increases the level of the recipes that you can make.
  • terriblenewz_ESO
    my sister only has one everything unlocked down to Recipe Improvement, But still makes more things than I can. Even though the things she makes, I also know. But thank you for the info, I will keep that in mind. I would just like to complete the Writs. But still Can't.
  • Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I'm not sure, then. I'm sorry! Maybe someone else can come along and be of more assistance.
  • terriblenewz_ESO
    oh no thank you! you really were helpful! I did not know about the Recipe Improvement. So thank you :smile:
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only two passives required to craft the foods, Recipe Improvement and Recipe Quality, for the level and quality of the foodstuffs. The other passives give your more portions and longer duration, but don't affect quality.

The first level of recipe improvement (no skill points) allows you to make level 1 and level 5 foods (and drinks), the next should allow you to craft higher level foods. Recipe Quality should allow you to craft blue and purple recipes.

But you need to have the recipes and the ingredients, fist the recipes, while they do drop in nightstands, desks, backpacks and wardrobes, you will probably need to buy a few from a guild vendor, I recommend buying ones you will use (health boost for myself, but others do use Magicka boost recipes)

Blue recipes give a boost to two stats (or stat regen if drink) and Purple recipes three, but they cost more and if you are almost out of the levels you will use them for, probably not worth it.

I have raised Proivisioning to level 50 on all my characters (bar my new ones) and it is the easiest skill to level, and probably the most useful, a boost to health means you can take on tougher bosses, which is always good.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can, show us a screenshot of what it looks like when you're at the cooking fire, and a screenshot of your skill screen showing your provisioning skill. That may help us to figure out what's wrong.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • terriblenewz_ESO
    I do have many ingredients and know many recipes. But it still will not permit me to make even the most basic. The only recipe it lets me make is The Roast Pork. My sister, who is 4 vet lvls below me, and who doesnt have as much as i do unlocked in Provisioning can make alot more recipes. I will include screen shots.
  • terriblenewz_ESO
    here is
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have many ingredients and know many recipes. But it still will not permit me to make even the most basic. The only recipe it lets me make is The Roast Pork. My sister, who is 4 vet lvls below me, and who doesnt have as much as i do unlocked in Provisioning can make alot more recipes. I will include screen shots.

It could be a lack of L2 Recipes as those drop in a narrow leveling window.

However, you need to unlock the different ranks of Recipe Improvement and Quality to be able to make the better ones.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here is
    Hmm, I believe you're trying to put a screenshot in, but I'm not seeing anything...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    here is
    Hmm, I believe you're trying to put a screenshot in, but I'm not seeing anything...

He needs to import the screen shot into a third party site like TinyPic or Imgur, then post the IMG code that this generates, that's how I do it.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What level recipes, just because you know a variety of recipes doesn't mean they are within crafting level.

Are they "Recipe Improvement1" recipes, or are they higher, because if they are higher you won't be able to craft them. It might help if you could list the recipes you have, because there are websites we can check them against.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good point; myself and a friend both have characters that are 50th in provisioner and both have Recipie quality of at least 2/3 and Recipie improvemetn to 4/6, but because my friend really really agressively goes after recipeis and items (prowls guild stores for them, and will sometimes drop a magic item/weapon to hang onto a rare ingredient while exploring) I am way behind in terms of what I can actually make.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • terriblenewz_ESO
    thank you for your help! As for the screenshots, I tried and failed lol. I did use a third party site called Imgur. Still not 100% sure how to do it. But that's ok. Thank you all for your help.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you for your help! As for the screenshots, I tried and failed lol. I did use a third party site called Imgur. Still not 100% sure how to do it. But that's ok. Thank you all for your help.

One thing I have notice about Crafting is you can improve the level of what you do, but it can take a while for the game to recognize it. I have seen this with Clothing, I put in the 9th point, but I had to visit a couple of crafting stations before I saw that I could use the 9th level materials.

Perhaps when you get the next recipe improvement and it does not show up, try a different cooking fire. Fortunately, there are a bunch of those.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It should generate an IMG code which you can copy and paste, I personally use Tinypic, but you need to log in to get at your images for that (not a problem personally).

Now recipes, since we don't know what recipes you have, the first point of Recipe Imporvement will allow you to craft level 10 and level 15 foods & drinks, the following lists show which recipes these are. If you don't have these recipes and the appropriate ingredients then the skill point is pointless.
    lvl10foods
    lvl10drinks
    lvl15foods
    lvl15drinks

Do you have any of these recipes?
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its the first two skills in provs that decide what you can make and to what level you can make them

first one is the rarity of the recipes, and second one is the level of the recipe

you need to craft lots of lvl 1-10 food two get access to next tier of recipes from the second skill, second tier is around lvl 20 provs if I recall right.

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    its the first two skills in provs that decide what you can make and to what level you can make them

first one is the rarity of the recipes, and second one is the level of the recipe

you need to craft lots of lvl 1-10 food two get access to next tier of recipes from the second skill, second tier is around lvl 20 provs if I recall right.
    You are right, if OP is only provisioning level 7, then he needs the level 5 recipes.
    lvl5foods
    These should help reach provisioning level 20 quicker.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on January 17, 2015 2:12PM
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule