The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Pointless traits (pvp)

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Theres a few pointless/useless traits for cyrodiil.

The top ones imo is Sturdy and Exploration.

I remember mentions from a dev that they are looking at changing some of these traits so they have a better use. However, I have a suggestion:

Sturdy trait = X% reduce cost of cc break.
Exploration = ...well I cant think of anything:)

PC EU
PvP only
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exploration is usefull when you start exploring a new area, like Craglorn, because every discovery on the map gives extra xp.

This might be useless for PVP, but not PVE.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exploration is usefull when you start exploring a new area, like Craglorn, because every discovery on the map gives extra xp.

This might be useless for PVP, but not PVE.

Hence my title.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes but my point was that while useless for PVP it is still useful, so it might not be one of the ones they are going to change.

If I was going to change any, it would be well-fitted, after all it only affects running and well horses. Might change Powered for Weapons, because quite a few of us don't get exactly how it works, let alone how well.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a list somewhere of the best traits in this game to have in PVP, basically anything that isn't on that list is effectively useless.

Lets see what I remember;
    Armour
    • Impenetrable
    • Infused
    • Divines
    • Training
    Reinforced doesn't make the list because the rate at which damage increases outweighs how much armour reinforced gives, and the general conscenus was Impenetrable was better.
    Weapons
    • Sharpened
    • Precise
    • Training
    I can't remember what else is on the list, but I do remember it had a trait or two more than the Armour list.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want to make a new toon and get it to L12 in 30 mins or less?
    Make a full set of armor with exploration (L1), mail it to yourself (using return option)
    Equip your L1 toon and port to guild mates all over the place, each new wayshrine gives tons of exp with that armor on.

So exploration armor does have its uses if your power leveling an alt from L1 to L12
    Once at L12, then swap to training armor and grind the normal spots. (you will need to do this in pairs to make it super fast)
    Edited by Natjur on January 14, 2015 9:46PM
  • AaronMB
    AaronMB
    ✭✭✭
    Shhhhhhh.

Damn it.

Nerf Exploration experience! lol ;)
    Edited by AaronMB on January 14, 2015 9:59PM