The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I'm a newbie

nymphieloxyeb17_ESO
nymphieloxyeb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
So, my finals are almost over and I'm looking forward to play the game. I'll have roughly a month to play as a "no-lifer" and i wanna do as much as i can. So, my question is, what do you think i should do? Just rush to max lvl somehow then go on dungeons with a guild? or else?(I can't even think of an "or" right now). What are the most fun things to do on the game atm? Is there any good advice for me not to do some classical noobish things?
Planning on building a "assassin-ish" character that might also use a bow.(I like both pve/pvp btw) Tbh I haven't read any guides yet. So any link to a useful guide will also be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Ahdora
    Ahdora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, you can do whatever you'd like.

Personally I'd suggest just exploring the zones and doing the quests as they come. It's a beautiful world, Tamriel. I always recommend that people take their time with their first character and enjoy everything the game has to offer. There's no need to rush to max level on your first character, unless that's just something you prefer to do.

While people with a few alts have become jaded, I still feel that the lower level content is rich, should you take the time to enjoy it.

I don't know of any guides, as I didn't use any. Join up with a newb-friendly guild for any questions you may have, and feel free to send me a message or a mail ingame any time. I'm always happy to help new players. @Ahdora
    Heals With Stick, V11 Argonian Nightblade Healer, NA-EP
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just rush to max lvl somehow then go on dungeons with a guild?

Unless PvP is your goal and focus, I would not do this. Also, there are just 3 Dungeons for Max Level Characters and one zone for max (or near max) level characters). All other dungeons and delves are either scaled to you, or are scaled to the zone you are in. If you level past the zone dungeons then you might not get any loot or exp for doing so.

Really the best way to have fun in this game is to roll a character you think you will like and play it. Just remember you can respec your points later on in the game so don't worry overmuch about making the wrong choice, you can fix it.

The game is designed to keep you on level if you just do the quests and kill the mobs that are around during those quests (you don't have to kill every mob, just most of them or some of them depending)

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"