Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Oghma Infinium - A character tracking addon.

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so we thought long about this issue and we have come up with a solution I think will solve everyone's problem.

This plugin was not created with the idea that you could selectively share your build with certain people. It was built around transparency and the ability to help people learn how builds are made in the game, plus its fun to code and make websites.

That being said, we understand the sensitivity of associating a particular skill-loadout and play style of a build with a person, especially in PvP areas.

SO what to do?

Simple, we are going to allow you to submit your build anonymously.

You can share everything about the build up to the char name and account associated with it.

Now, on our back end it will still be associated with you, we just simply won't display that on your @page, nor will we display your @name or character name on the character page.

It will be like /anon/templar/randomcode

so you will still have a permalink to the build you can share with your guildmates and if someone searches for that particular type of build, it will still show, but not tied to you.

So best of both worlds, the PvP people get to have their secret builds not tied to them and the PvE people get to view the best builds for inspiration.

If you are asking to have the ability to set your character up, have it tied to you and then restrict the people that can see it, that simply is against the idea of the plugin and will not happen.

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hope this is operational sooon!™ :)
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so small bump in the road.

The edit box of the game is limited to 1,024 characters. This presents a problem to us because we have to have more characters than that in our base64 encrypted URL as we add more variables to send to the database.

We have a potential workaround though, and that is to truncate the url into 1,024 bites and give you multiple boxes to copy and paste into a front end interface on the website

So instead of copying and pasting a URL into a browser, you would go to http://www.oghmainfinium.com/characterupdate.php or something and there would be like

[_____________] set 1 [_______________] set 2 [___________________] set 3

and you would just copy and paste the set from 1 to the other in game to the interface.

Kind of a pita, but without automatic updating and staying within the 1,024 character limit, this is the only idea that makes sense to use, albeit having a third party executable running in the background would alleviate this all, but we are trying our best to stay outside the realm of software development on the desktop platform.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just a quick bump to show you the variables we have identified and are currently tracking:

http://oghmainfinium.com/interior-character-page/

We have:
    Account Name
    Character Name
    Character Race
    Character Class
    Experience Points Currently
    Experience Points to Next Level
    Max Health (raw)
    Max Stamina (raw)
    Max Magicka (raw)
    Max Health (buffed)
    Max Stamina (buffed)
    Max Magicka (buffed)
    Spell Critical %
    Spell Damage
    Weapon Critical %
    Weapon Damage
    Current Title
    Health Regen
    Magic Regen
    Stamina Regen

We are actively working on Regens and buffs.
    Edited by yodased on December 10, 2014 12:26AM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys great news.

The front end of the site is now dynamic, you can see your own data by passing your username to the page

so

http://www.oghmainfinium.com/characters/?account=youraccounthere

try it out, let me know what you think, its kinda neat to see your character offline :)

the interior page works the same way btw, so you can query that as well
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Gorthax wrote: »
    Side note; After signing up I want to see explosions and fireworks! Not a "registration is complete" white page. (sorry have to give you a hard time because I know it is a work in progress)

KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!

@Gorthax With you in mind this is the new successful sign up page

http://oghmainfinium.com/thank-you/

@yodased‌

..........words can not describe how amazing that is!!!!!
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ;) heh I wondered if you ever saw that
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    After lengthy thought, and work; I have a sketch of the desktop application, it requires the latest version of the lua code from the github ( https://github.com/Bc1151/Oghma-Infinium )

The code from the desktop is on my github ( https://github.com/Bc1151/Oghma-Infinium-Desktop )

And current builds are on my new jenkins are here: http://bc1151.com:8080/job/Oghma-Infinium-Desktop/

Please note that none of this is final, it may be changed. and none of the links for the desktop currently have a stable release. I will release a stable release of both the desktop application and the lua code on my github as soon as i work out a few more things, I personally thank you ALL for all the support, and input you guys have provided over the last few weeks.

I will be posting more information about how the desktop application will work soon, but for now the program is very simple open up your game, type in your login (which is now saved for the record :) ) to our service, generate a new link and then either reload the ui or wait for eso to save the data to the file, (we cannot control how fast it is written to file from the code sadly.) then run the jar file!

Currently the desktop application only officially supports Windows, although support for alternate opperating systems will come shortly. If you are having trouble running the jar file, make a file called run.bat and put this in it:

java -jar OghamInfinium.jar
    PAUSE

Note that OghamInfinium.jar is whatever the name of the jar you got from us is named, the bat file must be in the same directory as the jar file.

The console window will print any errors, and will also print what is displayed on the page when the data is submitted. If you do have a issue, please submit it on the github for the desktop application and I will address is as soon as I can.

Thanks everyone!
    Edited by Bc1151 on December 14, 2014 2:12AM
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys! Just so you know we have been working very hard on the desktop application and it is coming along nicely! Here is a markup of what we are aiming for in the design field:

4OU0OOv.png

This design markup was made by yodased :)

If you guys are wondering which build to use for the addon, currently the most stable one (a bit outdated though) is build 13 on my jenkins ( http://bc1151.com:8080/job/Oghma-Infinium-Desktop/ ) If you want to use a later one go ahead but until I inform you there is no guarantee of its functionality. The jenkins automatically builds anything i push to my github so please know that it is not a official release page. The official release page will be made and linked here when we have one.

The way to use build thirteen is to just launch it with java, either put this in a bat file:

java -jar THENAMEOFTHEJARYOUDOWNLADED.jar

or just double click it. in build thirteen I implemented the ability to locate the file for support of alternate operating systems.

On windows I would navigate to this file and choose it: C:\Users\Bc1151\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables\OghmaInfinium.lua

Then every five minutes it will upload the data to our database. The resulting webpage will be printed to the window.

NOTE: We can not set how often the ESO lua api will save the data to file, so you can do this to force it to save to file: just type /reloadui

Refer to my last post if you are not clear on everything, if you are still unsure just tell us :)

Thank all of you for your continue support!
  • AntonTakk
    AntonTakk
    ✭✭
    why not just have the java app check the file for changes every five minutes and only upload what/when needed? also, wouldn't any auto-submitting functionality still violate the ToS?

just a thought
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well its kind of a gray area there, because technically the software we created doesn't pull any data from the game, a human still has to interact to click the button and generate the saved data.

It may be a little fuzzy, but there is no direct eso.exe -> oghmainifinium.com connection so I'm saying we are safe.

Unfortunately we never get actual answers to questions so I just use my best judgement and go from there.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an issue with site. I signed up some time ago. And now I can't get access (says that I'm not registred) and I can't sign up one more time (not an error, just empty page and nohing happens).
    Also can't activate button (tried to change OI.toggle and use /openoi). Still no button appear. What I did wrong?
    Edited by AshySamurai on December 18, 2014 3:56PM
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    @AshySamurai There was a post a while back addressing this, it is because of the folder name in your addons folder
    Anyone that has downloaded the release from Github, please rename the Addon Folder from Oghma-Infinium-00.x to Oghma Infinium

Since we are going the OpenSource route for the project until final release the downloads will be -00x until 1.x so just go ahead and rename that folder.

That's if you downloaded the 0.8 version, which at the moment is recommended as we are still working out the bugs in the later versions.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bc1151 wrote: »
    @AshySamurai There was a post a while back addressing this, it is because of the folder name in your addons folder
    Anyone that has downloaded the release from Github, please rename the Addon Folder from Oghma-Infinium-00.x to Oghma Infinium

Since we are going the OpenSource route for the project until final release the downloads will be -00x until 1.x so just go ahead and rename that folder.

That's if you downloaded the 0.8 version, which at the moment is recommended as we are still working out the bugs in the later versions.

Hmm. I saw it, but I thought it would be ok if I rename it to OhmaInfinium without any spaces. Thanks for pointing me on that.
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Merry early holiday gifts to all!

https://github.com/Bc1151/Oghma-Infinium/commit/83caeebbaa0a0e56f4da2f235bba9979483bf357

If you don't know how to read that, it is the early start to equipment item handling! I know a lot of you were worried about whether or not I could get this done or not, so I spent all of today looking through the API and found out how a few functions can help me! So, as it turns out, we may be able to do items after all!

I am going to start with basic stuff like the held items, and current armor. Names of the items, and which slot they are in (so we can put them in the proper spot for web display.) Then hopefully more detailed stats, and such.

Due to the size of the encoded json string most people will likely generate, you are going to have to either go into the save file and manually send it off to our API, or use the desktop application I am coding ( https://github.com/Bc1151/Oghma-Infinium-Desktop ) on my jenkins
    ( http://bc1151.com:8080/job/Oghma-Infinium-Desktop/ ) there is currently a build which i deem usable (but not a official release i might add), although it is primitive compared to our current builds (which are unstable.) that build is build number 13.

I really appreciate all the help and support you guys have given, and hope that more is to come!

The item data thing will not be complete in time for the religious event on December 25, sadly; but I thought I would give the gift of getting started on it!

I want you guys to know I do all this for free, and will not change that in the foreseeable future, but I do like my caffeine. So, I give you guys the option to donate to me. It is not necessary, I do not expect it, and I will not be a profit crazed *** and limit my code based on the donations I receive. I want you to donate because you like my work and want me to continue, not because I force you to. The link to donate to me is here: http://goo.gl/h8KaZY

On that note I wish you all happy holidays, and hope you guys have a great time!

I want to personally thank ALL of you for ALL your continued support, and hope you guys can help us hit 100 sign-ups!

Thanks,

Bc1151.
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I still can't get access to website (even can't create new account).
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    So guys! this is my work for this morning: https://github.com/Bc1151/Oghma-Infinium/compare/4688e40...dd6dba715e

I fixed a few issues, cleaned up the code, added more xml and most importantly fixed the issue where the text boxes would not display the right code for the link!

And I want to personally thank all 106 of you for pre signing up! That's right! We broke 100! This really makes me proud and motivated!

Thank all of your continued support, shout outs and mentions!

-Bc
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add onto what my partner said here lets see where we are at:

We have identified and are storing the following variables from the game:

account
    username
    name
    title
    class
    level
    alliance
    xp
    raw max magica
    raw max health
    raw max stamina
    buffed max health
    buffed max stamina
    buffed max magicka
    race
    buffed spell crit
    buffed spell damage
    buffed weapon crit
    buffed weapon damage
    buffed health regen combat
    buffed magicka regen combat
    buffed stamina regen combat
    buffed stamina regen idle
    buffed health rtegen idle
    buffed magicka regen idle
    and a timestamp of when the data was recorded‏

We have identified and are working on storing:

Achievement Points
    Achievements
    Gear Worn per Slot
    Weapons Per Slot
    Abilities Unlocked
    Abilities Slotted
    Alliance Points
    AvA Rank
    Dyes Unlocked

I will be working on the front end of the site over the next few days and we will have something real big to announce soon, its just too early and we don't have an official answer from ZoS if we are breaking ToS
  • Jack-0
    Jack-0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I still can't get access to website (even can't create new account).

I have the same issue. Can't remember my login details so I tried to get a password reset but I get a message:
    ERROR: There is no user registered with that email address.

I registered when I first saw this on the forums a while ago and the registration form looked like a book on the website, not sure if that's a factor.

If I try to use the registration form to re-register, when I submit the form I end up here http://oghmainfinium.com/connectivity-sign-up.php which is a blank page.

I hope this is enough info for you to be able to troubleshoot :)

This is an awesome project, keep up the good work!
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone that needs to know their username/password can send me a message and I'll reset it for you.

To be clear here,

There is literally nothing to log into on the website. There is no back end, no form to fill out nothing.

The ONE AND ONLY thing your user name and password are for is the ability to identify you as you when you upload your user data to the site from the game.
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Sorry for the misunderstandings, If you wish for your password to be reset you can also contact me.

To be more precise on @yodased 's post,
    The login details are used for the back end of the lua and php api, currently there is no place to put that username and password on the site.The only place to put it is in the addons UI to make sure that nobody else is posting data as you.

Soon enough I will setup a mail grid with a no-reply email and that will be how you reset your password, So be sure you know what email you put in. The emails are currently used for nothing, They are just so people can be contacted for things like that later.

And again, The data that comes out of the addon should not be shared because it contains your password on our service.

If you have any other concerns please contact me or @yodased :)
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Jack-0 wrote: »
    If I try to use the registration form to re-register, when I submit the form I end up here http://oghmainfinium.com/connectivity-sign-up.php which is a blank page.
    That page is a back end re director to the thank you page after signing up, It is basically where the data gets saved. It isn't used for a front end thing. I will assume that the reason you get sent there and don't go anywhere is because the username you tried to use is already registered.

Again, the back end php is just bare bones with a two man skeleton crew. We are focusing on getting the front end and addon off the ground. These things are a concern that will be addressed, but we currently are not actively looking for them.

When you do find things like this please do tell me or @yodased because they do clearly need to be fixed.

Thanks!

-Bc
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Alrighty guys, Big news!

I have been working really hard with @yodased and I believe we are ready for another back end pre release! The new release version is 0.109!

How to get Oghma Infinium v0.109:

First download the lua code from here: https://github.com/Bc1151/Oghma-Infinium/releases/tag/0.109 (click download source code)

Navigate yourself to your addons folder for ESO

Extract the zip file in the /addons/

Rename the folder to: OghmaInfinium

Remove the spaces from the file names below:
    Oghma Infinium.lua
    Oghma Infinium.txt

So at this point the lua file for the addon should be about here: \Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\OghmaInfinium\OghmaInfinium.lua

Once you have all that done now its time to get the desktop application, As it automatically uploads the data we collect and supports virtually infinite data instead of the character limit of 4096 in game.

First go here: http://jenkins.bc1151.com/job/Oghma-Infinium-Desktop/33/com.Bc1151.OghmaInfinium$OghmaInfinium/

Download the OghmaInfinium-0.109-SNAPSHOT.jar file.
    (If you feel you want a virus scan here it is: http://goo.gl/OuSkKE for the url & http://goo.gl/q6Zstw for the file itself, source code here: https://github.com/Bc1151/Oghma-Infinium-Desktop/ )

note: The desktop application is still in the development phase and there is no current official release or pre release.

Once you open the application it will be very basic as the ui is not done, to get the program started you must first have the saved variables of our application generated, so run the addon first. Once that's done click the load button (black in the bottom left) and navigate yourself to the saved variables, for me i would go here: C:\Users\Bc1151\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables\OghmaInfinium.lua

Once that's done it will automatically upload the data every five minutes or so. due to the unpredictable nature of the eso program saving the files, it may not upload the most recent data everytime, if you wish to manually force a save generate the like in the addon and type /reloadui .

Addon usage:

once you have the addon installed there will be a label in the bottom left area of your screen. Click it, type in the username and password you signed up for OUR service with (NOT your eso password) and then click generate link! Simple as that!

If you are not using the desktop application you must copy all the text in the boxes and put them into the form that @yodased will be setting up later today.

Please tell me if you have any errors issues or problems!

Thank ALL of you so much for all the continued support and help!

We have come so far, yet have so far to go!

Really looking forward to your feedback!
    Edited by Bc1151 on January 17, 2015 6:40PM
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Bc1151 Ok, so I've got the addon installed, i've generated the lua in my saved variables, i've got the snapshot.jar file downloaded. I open the desktop app and press "load" and it takes me to the window to select the path to my saved variables and then click on the elderscrolls folder and click open nothing happens, the words become pixelated and it won't open the folder to get to the subfolders. also, when using the addon ingame i type my username and password in to it and in the 4 text fields it tells me not enough room and to use the url link...any help would be great i think this is a great idea...
    Edited by Jaxsun on January 14, 2015 1:46AM
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    @jaxsun I am not 100% sure on the error you are receiving, But I just uploaded a new java build on the jenkins, it changed the method from get to post in the php. So download build #34 ( http://bc1151.com:8080/job/Oghma-Infinium-Desktop/34/com.Bc1151.OghmaInfinium$OghmaInfinium/ ) And tell me if anything changes.

That goes for everybody, build 34 (http://bc1151.com:8080/job/Oghma-Infinium-Desktop/34/com.Bc1151.OghmaInfinium$OghmaInfinium/) is the only build that currently works, Any builds before that are no longer in compliance with the php api.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~EDIT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Virus scans: https://www.virustotal.com/ca/url/461a27c90b98aa3a1ab276d0794adce8815e387a625a9876702610e4f54d2d23/analysis/1421200733/

https://www.virustotal.com/ca/file/95f7132ae6a25a0302f0f6de6d09ea42a16eabc792538fcd6716efd6e6794326/analysis/1421200734/
    Edited by Bc1151 on January 14, 2015 1:59AM
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Jaxsun wrote: »
    ...in the 4 text fields it tells me not enough room and to use the url link...
    That is because the data your character requires if larger that 4096 chars, If you need further assistance contact @yodased or myself on here.

• Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    @jaxsun I am not 100% sure on the error you are receiving, But I just uploaded a new java build on the jenkins, it changed the method from get to post in the php. So download build #34 ( http://bc1151.com:8080/job/Oghma-Infinium-Desktop/34/com.Bc1151.OghmaInfinium$OghmaInfinium/ ) And tell me if anything changes.

That goes for everybody, build 34 (http://bc1151.com:8080/job/Oghma-Infinium-Desktop/34/com.Bc1151.OghmaInfinium$OghmaInfinium/) is the only build that currently works, Any builds before that are no longer in compliance with the php api.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~EDIT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Virus scans: https://www.virustotal.com/ca/url/461a27c90b98aa3a1ab276d0794adce8815e387a625a9876702610e4f54d2d23/analysis/1421200733/

https://www.virustotal.com/ca/file/95f7132ae6a25a0302f0f6de6d09ea42a16eabc792538fcd6716efd6e6794326/analysis/1421200734/

It did not change anything, still does not work
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    ...I open the desktop app and press "load" and it takes me to the window to select the path to my saved variables and then click on the elderscrolls folder and click open nothing happens, the words become pixelated and it won't open the folder to get to the subfolders....

Could you pm me some screenshots of this? I don't completely understand what you are experiencing. Any image host should be fine, preferably imgur.
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...I open the desktop app and press "load" and it takes me to the window to select the path to my saved variables and then click on the elderscrolls folder and click open nothing happens, the words become pixelated and it won't open the folder to get to the subfolders....

Could you pm me some screenshots of this? I don't completely understand what you are experiencing. Any image host should be fine, preferably imgur.

sent
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...in the 4 text fields it tells me not enough room and to use the url link...
    That is because the data your character requires if larger that 4096 chars, If you need further assistance contact @yodased or myself on here.

WHere do I find said form?

nevermind
    Edited by Jaxsun on January 14, 2015 4:25AM