The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Iron Orc Nirncrux Mine mechanics help

Saddiq
Saddiq
✭✭✭
Hi all,

I tackled one of the many Iron Orc Nirncrux Mines last night with one partner. We're both under levelled for Craglorn so weren't successful, but did figure out that 1 person needs to cc the legion of mobs, while the other kicks the three barrels towards the door. However, the one time we think we successfully achieved this, nothing happened.

It does not appear to be tied to any quest.

A google search turned up surprisingly nothing on what these are and how to beat them, other than someone saying they're the Craglorn equivalent of a dolmen.

So can someone please discuss what these mines are about, and if they're a dolmen-equivalent task, is something supposed to happen after you hit the door with the three barrels? In other words, how do you beat this thing, and how do you know when you've beat it?

Thanks in advance.
  • Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, let's start

I would consider these mines something similar to anomalies and those strange graves in craglorn.
    2-4 AoE bombers go in and bomb everything at the entrance. Pull in the trolls so the barrels are free. once everything is clear except for the mobs coming out now and then is the perfect time to send one guy out to kick the barrels.

now, and armored troll will come out, and that's the boss you need to beat. Just be careful to ewade those stones he is throwing cause they are buggy and you will lay on ground without the ability to stand up for about 10 seconds. (You are still able to move around though but can't use skills)
  • Saddiq
    Saddiq
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for answering Shinra. so if I understand correctly:

1) The barrels can't be kicked toward the door unless the path is free and they can actually hit the door? (Otherwise they'll hit the trash mobs/trolls?)

2) They don' t need to be kicked simultaneously, it can be one after the other as long as they actually contact the mine door?

Thanks again!
  • Shinra
    Shinra
    ✭✭✭
    1) they can be kicked in whenever, and will always hit, but it is a lot easier once most of the trash is taken care off. (And you can't kick the barrels when you are attacked by more than one or two mobs)

2) This is correct. I don't know if there is a time limit between the barrels, but it is deffinitely enough time for a single person to kick all barrels in.