The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which server is most active?

Soulborn_Solitude
Just wondering as a newb which world's are most popular or alliance I'm daggerfall
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    only two servers north america and europe servers. you already chose DF as your faction so doesnt matter which server you choose.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only two Servers NA or EU, since they have a reflection on lag, the population densities are a secondary consideration.

Now Alliances, it seems to vary between the two servers, but AD seems to be very popular, followed by EP then DC.

But I personally play all three, there is no reason not to, but it does slow down character prgression. But since this allows me to research enough for my crafters, It's not as bad as it sounds.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Choose whichever is closest to you geographically to prevent excessive lag. I play in all alliances and never have problems with finding people to play with. The only time it might make a difference is in PvP, but I'm not familiar with the current situation.
  • wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or play PTS ^^
  • Soulborn_Solitude
    Thanks for the reply Yeah I was concerned only because I entered cyrodiil for about a half hour and stumbled across it being a no man's land
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Campaigns in Cyrodiil are a different matter entirely. If you happen to pick the "buff campaign" for a faction as your home campaign, you will see that it is kept all in one colour for people to get the various bonuses for owning keeps and scrolls. Few people really care to fight in those buff campaigns any more, and if you go there you will have a pretty solitary stroll in the park. The PvE dungeons in Cyrodiil are pretty good, though, and the buff campaign is a nice place to do them while avoiding random gankers.

For PvP action, there is only one campaign for each server (NA and EU) where you will encounter any real fights. Check the population bars. You should see plenty of players from all factions, or at least two factions, in a campaign where there is actual fighting.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply Yeah I was concerned only because I entered cyrodiil for about a half hour and stumbled across it being a no man's land

All but one of them has a low population on my server (EU) and that one had a medium population, so EU is definately not a heavily populated PVP area (or it wasn't when I gave it a try)
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Soulborn_Solitude
    Campaigns in Cyrodiil are a different matter entirely. If you happen to pick the "buff campaign" for a faction as your home campaign, you will see that it is kept all in one colour for people to get the various bonuses for owning keeps and scrolls. Few people really care to fight in those buff campaigns any more, and if you go there you will have a pretty solitary stroll in the park. The PvE dungeons in Cyrodiil are pretty good, though, and the buff campaign is a nice place to do them while avoiding random gankers.

For PvP action, there is only one campaign for each server (NA and EU) where you will encounter any real fights. Check the population bars. You should see plenty of players from all factions, or at least two factions, in a campaign where there is actual fighting.

Yes the gankers...I was converted to one by choice...sick of being ganked so I gank back now stiletto style :)