Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EU Blackwater Blade - Awesome!

Workerdroid7
Workerdroid7
✭✭✭
Just a little background here first. I had a character that I got up to V5, which I used primarily for the PvE main storyline. Once I'd completed that, I went into Cyrodiil... and had a lot of fun, but I ultimately decided to change my playstyle and skillset because of my PvP experiences there.

The thought of re-doing all the storyline filled me with horror (although I loved it the first time around), but I planned to fly through the main quests until I reached V1 and could re-try Cyrodiil. Instead, I joined the Blackwater Blade campaign at level 10, intending just to get the skill point from the tutorial and whatever bonuses my faction could provide.

I was kind of shocked to see that DC had no bonuses, no keeps and no scrolls, and decided to go investigate the closest enemy-held fort. This proved to be one of those "game-changing" decisions for me as I ran into trouble right at the gate, got invited into a large group of players.... and had the most fantastic ESO gaming experience I've had since getting the game! The last 2 or 3 evenings I've dedicated to this campaign, and it has been astonishingly enjoyable - constant action, lots of new tactics I'd not seen in my previous Cyrodiil gameplay, and a fantastic bunch of players :)

I'm kind of sad now at the thought of levelling to Veteran levels and losing out on this campaign. Actually, now that I think about it... apart from the necessary levelling of skills, I'm going to avoid doing the main story line at all so that I can enjoy this for as long as possible!

And to my fellow DC teammates - I know we have no real estate right now, but you guys (generic term, not gender-specific) have been great fun to play with :)
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's sad, but, when the time comes, everyone has to go, and it's for the good of campaign. We do not want it camped by level 49 trollbuilds, do we?
    Edited by JamilaRaj on December 31, 2014 12:37PM
  • Diderik
    Diderik
    Soul Shriven
    Glad to see DC haven't given up completely. Been too much red (with occational yellow) dominance last months. More DC players please :)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blackwater blade can be loads of fun. unfortunately, a lot of people are too prideful and close minded to give it a go.
    Edited by Cody on December 31, 2014 5:40PM
  • Ryuuhime
    Ryuuhime
    ✭✭✭
    I love this campaign. I joined at level 38 just for the skill points too but I loved it so much that I remained until I became a vet. Then I made a new character to be able to continue playing on it (like many have also done, which only goes to show that the campaign is pretty awesome despite having such a low population).
  • Workerdroid7
    Workerdroid7
    ✭✭✭
    Just to update this thread: things are hotting up, and all 3 factions are holding some ground. In addition, it's not that uncommon for there to be members of all 3 factions actively taking and/or defending a keep at any 1 time. In short, it is active... and not necessarily dominated by 1 faction. I've just come from a 1+ hour non-stop battle for Aleswell - incredible action, incredible defence by DC.

I would highly recommend that any non-vet players who are thinking of doing some PvP join this campaingn - it is SERIOUS fun :)
  • Lilarna
    Lilarna
    ✭✭✭
    I also had a great and very refreshing pvp experience when I played this campaign with my little Templar ! It would be interesting to know where this feeling we seem to share comes from actually.

I think it's possibly because taking keeps and ressources is a hell of a challenge, even if you're a lot, even if it's undefended. Taking a keep that is defended, oh boy, that's hard. And difficulty is gooood !

"Normal" Cyrodiil campaigns lack difficulty, NPCs melt away as soon as there are more than 10 players who know what they're doing and taking keeps is often a matter of numbers, the environment does not really make any difference, or well, a meagre one.

At least in Baby Blade, when you manage to take a keep, first of all you have a very strong feeling of satisfaction, and you know you're actually going to be able to defend what you acquired with sweat and blood (and a lot of soul gems).
    Housing contest: Gold Road Visions. https://discord.gg/us8aU9xQgx
    Lilarna - Wabbajack EU campaign nostalgic
    My Twitch Channel at LiLandChill: https://www.twitch.tv/lilandchill
  • Ryuuhime
    Ryuuhime
    ✭✭✭
    Hm, I guess this has become our "official" EU Blackwater Blade thread? :smiley:

I haven't had this much fun in the past few weeks, fights have become a lot more interesting now that blues and yellows are gaining the central keeps and pushing us back.
  • Workerdroid7
    Workerdroid7
    ✭✭✭
    Ryuuhime wrote: »
    Hm, I guess this has become our "official" EU Blackwater Blade thread? :smiley:

I haven't had this much fun in the past few weeks, fights have become a lot more interesting now that blues and yellows are gaining the central keeps and pushing us back.

Indeed. I logged in this morning and looked at the map... this time around, all 3 factions are actually making progress - it is currently a very balanced (and very active) campaign.

• Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play in AD in that campaign and i didn't have this much fun in Cyrodiil since beta/headstart when everyone was still low level. :smile: I stopped playing ESO in June (with my Char on Vet1), I just returned to the game at Christmas, and I was really happy to discover that there now is a NonVet-Campaign (really disliked the other campaigns, getting onehitted by Vet10s was no fun at all).
    I created a new Char because I wanted to try something else, and started playing on Blackwater Blade four or five days ago. Like it so much that I decided not to play the Main Storyline with my current Char so I don't level up as fast. :smiley: Already met some great people there, and even though we sometimes are very nooby, it is great fun. Especially at the moment, no faction is dominant and the fights are quite intense.
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lilarna wrote: »
    It would be interesting to know where this feeling we seem to share comes from actually.

No, or at least very very few, min-max builds and no, or at least very very little, "optimized" behaviour taking advantage of certain poorly designed mechanics and technical limitations.
    Edited by cazlonb16_ESO on January 10, 2015 10:07PM