The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

33m Sanctum Ophidia Achievement

igohamnchz
I heard for a long time that the achievement was a mistake, and that it wasn't a feasible goal (me being one of the naysayers). After a bit of practice, this is what my guild has been able to produce on our first night of speed attempts after some discussion on how we wanted to approach it. We ended up going with a walkthrough of the trial to gauge our clean time, we got to the serpent with about 10 deaths so the clean time may be even a little faster once we begin our no death attempts

http://imgur.com/MJO17bO
*Insert some raiding achievements that used to matter
  • JuL1aN
    JuL1aN
    ✭✭
    nice goodluck! :D
    Edited by JuL1aN on January 9, 2015 7:52PM
    J-L-N | eXile
  • Kraen
    Kraen
    ✭✭✭
    The achievement is possible. Our current time is 35 mins with many, many not ressed people.

It is possible to finish under 30 mins time.
    Edited by Kraen on January 10, 2015 4:39PM
    Finneas of Baby Face Bananas
    Free to Play? No, thx.
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    Hodor (we) already finished the 33 min achievement yesterday :) So it is possible, and even better, that the achievement is not bugged :lol:

The new WORLD record and first SO Time achievement unlock is HODOR: 31m 59s. Hodor for the Pact :)
    Edited by xherics on January 13, 2015 10:00AM
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!
  • igohamnchz
    Definitely, we've known it wouldn't be hard for us to get for a while now. I haven't heard of the achievement being bugged, so I'm not sure what you mean by that.

We only started last week on the achievement, and we posted 34m on Monday. Had we started a week earlier, we would have easily had the achievement already. Thats my fault as the Guild Master of Purple to have not coordinated ourselves sooner, so we'll have to settle for NA server first.

We have a really good chance at beating that time though, so we are glad to have the competition. Congratulations on world first for the achievement, but the world record may be changing soon!
    *Insert some raiding achievements that used to matter
  • xherics
    xherics
    ✭✭✭
    Go on for it :smile: and good luck!

With bugged achievement i meant the old buggy achievements, which were not unlockable for ages after the release - for example world bosses or HrC HM achievement was also bugged for some weeks. So we are glad, that this one is not bugged :lol:
    Edited by xherics on January 14, 2015 7:11AM
    Guild: HODOR - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Char: Leliana fxn (Sorc) and Nuria fxn (DK)
    World first Sanctum Ophidia Time trial achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.7)
    World second Sanctum Ophidia Hard Mode achievement unlock with my Sorcerer (v1.5.8)
    Pre-nerf Dragonstar Arena Hard Mode Conqueror with my Sorcerer

"Sorcerer is for me a definition of the highest level of magician, what does not mean pets, but pure magic, pure spells.
    Pure magic from the heart, through the blood, to the last hairbreadth...
    Sorcerer means the highest magic killer with pure magic, not the weakest grandmamma's pet farm."

11.02.2015 - Magicka Sorcerer RIP - What? Sorcerer and not using spells/magicka?
    19.02.2015 - Sorcerers, we have a new hope!