The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

What is the deal with one very small bank account for all characters?

Lirkin
Lirkin
✭✭✭✭
I have played many MMOs and the one bank account sucks!!! There are way to many things that you need to keep to craft for the size of the bank accounts and bags. I am constantly full. Look at the items needed from provisioning or alchemy. Or you need a different gem for each type of armor. WHO DESIGNED THIS MESS!!!
Either give a different bag and/or bank account for the harvesting and crafting junk.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Megaserver problems
    Options
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    They didn't learn anything from the older MMOs? If it's database size issue it is a really bad design. This is such an aggravation I can't stand it!
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    b7d.jpg
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're working on a minor bank tweak - separate storage for pets, trophies, costumes. Won't be a huge improvement but it's a step in the right direction.
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
    Options
  • Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭
    You didn't know that 4 to 6 of your 8 characters slots are for Mules?
    Options
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is plenty of bank and bag space in this game. The players that seem to have a problem with it are new players who try to keep everything they see (for research, crafting, etc...) and players who simply like to hoard (even things they will never use).

I have almost every armor and weapon set in the game and I craft in everything and I still have more than enough space. Having said that, obtaining maximum bank and bag space isn't cheap. Here is what it's going to cost you:

1,600 Slots (240 bank + 170 per character) = 1,518,100 Gold (Draft Horse)
    1,520 Slots (240 bank + 160 per character) = 1,314,100 Gold (Common Horse)
    1,520 Slots (240 bank + 160 per character) = 1,176,000 Gold (Imperial)
    Options
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »
    There is plenty of bank and bag space in this game. The players that seem to have a problem with it are new players who try to keep everything they see (for research, crafting, etc...) and players who simply like to hoard (even things they will never use).

I have almost every armor and weapon set in the game and I craft in everything and I still have more than enough space. Having said that, obtaining maximum bank and bag space isn't cheap. Here is what it's going to cost you:

1,600 Slots (240 bank + 170 per character) = 1,518,100 Gold (Draft Horse)
    1,520 Slots (240 bank + 160 per character) = 1,314,100 Gold (Common Horse)
    1,520 Slots (240 bank + 160 per character) = 1,176,000 Gold (Imperial)

The one thing your missing here is the huge amount of play time required to reach he banking limits using all eight characters.
    Options
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    RSram wrote: »

The one thing your missing here is the huge amount of play time required to reach he banking limits using all eight characters.

So true, I can spend 30 minutes plus just shuffling things around from mule to mule when I start sorting things.

I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch

Options
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After you acquire gold to purchase bank & bag upgrades, then you have mostly sufficient space for your goodies. Like other parts of the game, you'll have to do a little work to get to a sweet spot :smile:
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
    Options
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me you need it the most when you are leveling your crafting not when you have you characters and crafts leveled up. Isn't this kind if dumb for keeping people who like to craft. At this stage in the game when there isn't any market for lower level items how does a person earn the gold so that you can get the bank slots.

I still say that most games have much more space and have the ability to increase it with bags added to each bank slot.

It is not a dead horse for a new player. First I have seen or heard of it in the forums. Seems to me it they want to attract new players they need to make the game more fun not a pain in the butt!
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's why I split crafts between my characters. I can't imagine leveling all six simultaneously from the start.
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    b7d.jpg
    Do you prefer an awesome or an LOL when you use this? I LOVE IT!
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    That's why I split crafts between my characters. I can't imagine leveling all six simultaneously from the start.

It is tough to do, but the bigger issue is around skills than bag size. I have a VR14 maxed in all crafts, and still haven't maxed my bank. I do have a pack horse. Space is not as big an issue once crafts are maxed, and there is a definite convenience factor having all the skills on one toon.
    Edited by Ourorboros on December 31, 2014 2:49AM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    b7d.jpg
    Do you prefer an awesome or an LOL when you use this? I LOVE IT!

Any emote is fine^^

5e8.jpg

Also, guys, stop it. It's really dead horse.
    Search - bank space
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Rosveen wrote: »

It is tough to do, but the bigger issue is around skills than bag size. I have a VR14 maxed in all crafts, and still haven't maxed my bank. I do have a pack horse. Space is not as big an issue once crafts are maxed, and there is a definite convenience factor having all the skills on one toon.
    Yeah, all on one character are definitely doable - but gradually. I can't see how it works out when you're trying to train them all from level 1 on a brand new character without alts.
    Edited by Rosveen on December 31, 2014 11:15AM
    Options
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start a guild. Recruit some random people in starter zones. Half of those people will quit the game after a month and not bother with leaving the guild. When you have enough permanent offliners in your guild, kick everyone else and use the 500 slot bank for yourself.

Problem solved.
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Start a guild. Recruit some random people in starter zones. Half of those people will quit the game after a month and not bother with leaving the guild. When you have enough permanent offliners in your guild, kick everyone else and use the 500 slot bank for yourself.

Problem solved.

Dude, the ethics of this 'strategy' is deplorable, even though I heard it has become common. It's one thing to be the last man standing in a guild, quite another to kick people to have your won guild bank. And it is possible to hit max level without resorting to this.
    PC/NA/DC
    Options
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a designed challenge. If you want to juggle multiple crafts, each one increases how difficult the task is. you can get to about 100 slots on your bank and character fairly easily.

If you want to go all-out you can get another 50 from a horse.
    Edited by dietlime on January 2, 2015 3:56AM
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is an issue for a lot of people and seems strange to both MMO players and TES players who are used to being able to hoard everything in their homes.

It would definitely be nice to have more space but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm an age old RPG player, be glad you have a horse.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c00lmon wrote: »
    Seems to me you need it the most when you are leveling your crafting not when you have you characters and crafts leveled up. Isn't this kind if dumb for keeping people who like to craft.

That is exactly the reason why the bank space is limited. It is meant to act as a limiting factor to how many crafts can players level up at once (this is actually what ZOS officially stated sometime around when TESO was launched).

Most MMO's limit the player's crafting by only allowing them to take up X crafts out of Y possible, and if you want the rest you have to do it on an alt. TESO went a different route, by not limiting how many crafts a single character can do, but instead nudging players into specializing by limiting the inventory space. I prefer the TESO way, because it allows to have all crafts on one character eventually, even if not all trained at the same time.

Options
  • jaibierwb17_ESO
    jaibierwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Once you get to higher levels it's much less of an issue but in the mean time:

1. Alts, alts, alts. It's cheap for the first couple of bag upgrades. You can always delete an alt later if you don't like them and want a playable character.
    Always store unused costumes, pets and anything else you rarely use in n alt. Have specific alts to store mats for specific professions so you know where everything will be. Keep a max of 1-2 stacks of the mats for your current level in the bank and the rest in an alt

2. Keep unrefined mats from your current area in your inventory and refined mats in your bank. If you have either in both you are using extra spots

3. addons - there are lots of inventory organisers out there. Sous chef is great for provisioners - you can tell at a glance if that ingredient is used for a recipe you know and the level of the ingredient. Dustman is great for automatically getting rid of junk and advanced filters is great for sorting your inventories

4. Don't clutter your bank space with items for research. Teach your alts - they will learn the first couple much faster and you can just make the items once your main is ready for them. Research gridview will help you keep track of who knows what and research assistant will help you to sort traits you know and don't know.
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Player housing with storage please . This provisioner is cumbered .
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c00lmon wrote: »
    I have played many MMOs and the one bank account sucks!!! There are way to many things that you need to keep to craft for the size of the bank accounts and bags. I am constantly full. Look at the items needed from provisioning or alchemy. Or you need a different gem for each type of armor. WHO DESIGNED THIS MESS!!!
    Either give a different bag and/or bank account for the harvesting and crafting junk.

I have all the professions leveled and hardly ever have bank issues, even though I have not bought all the bank space available in the game.

Provisioning that is the only profession other then enchanting that might cause problems ot bank space will be revamped for 1.6.
    Options