The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO for Ps4 or for PC

Kurimugann
Kurimugann
✭✭✭
Its Black Weekend and Best Buy/Future Shop sells the PC version of ESO at 20$ (plus taxes that is) which is still roughly a save of 45$.

Thing is I was looking forward playing on Ps4, but now that I know that the sub for this game is separated from the Playstation Plus (not required for this game but required for every other Ps4 game I play such as Warframe) I am kind of tempted to stop waiting for the Ps4 release and to join the PC ones, especially with the Black Weekend special.

I wonder though it would be the right idea. Would of the Ps4 version been worth the wait, we are getting near its release right? Still no release date but it is almsot 6 months since Pc version came out.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There has been no news about the release of the console versions. I doubt it will be out this year, or even early next year.

Only you can decide if you want to continue waiting, or get the PC version. I can say I'm enjoying the game, even with the bugs we have, but your best option would be be reading the posts on the forums, and making your own mind up.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kurimugann wrote: »
    Would of the Ps4 version been worth the wait, we are getting near its release right?
    Such optimism! Heart-warming. ;)

It's up to you. I'd pick PC because there are still many unknowns surrounding the console versions and also because PC has add-ons (ok, I admit I'm biased, I hate vanilla UI, what can I do?)
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has special program a while back (not sure if it going on still), that one can transfer their PC char to the console version ONE time. With that promotion from ZOS, one can start on the PC then go on the console when it comes out.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    ZOS has special program a while back (not sure if it going on still), that one can transfer their PC char to the console version ONE time. With that promotion from ZOS, one can start on the PC then go on the console when it comes out.
    It ended months ago.
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    It ended months ago.

Sooo, when the game finally launches on consoles, I could play the character I have transferred at least half a year ago, along with his completely outdated and useless build and gear from 5 patches ago? Neat.
    Edited by guybrushtb16_ESO on November 29, 2014 10:26PM
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It ended months ago.

Sooo, when the game finally launches on consoles, I could play the character I have transferred at least half a year ago, along with his completely outdated and useless build and gear from 5 patches ago? Neat.
    Huh? No, what I meant is that the deal ended, so people who buy the game now won't be able to transfer their characters (unless ZOS has a good day and lets them, who knows). The transfer itself will take place in the future, of course.
    Edited by Rosveen on November 29, 2014 10:33PM
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It ended months ago.

Well, one can get new gear and respect the char -- one way to keep your skill levels, horse level, money in the bank, stuff and char level (etc) it is not total useless. It still have some use.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been no cancellation of the PC to PS4 character transfer, just a delay because of release push back.
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There has been no cancellation of the PC to PS4 character transfer, just a delay because of release push back.

There was a deadline (purchased before 6/30/14 (11:59pm UTC)) last time I heard though.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/05/08/eso-on-consoles--update
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you have a computer that can run it, I don't see the harm in trying it at a reduced price for the 1st month.
    - Mojican
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would go with the one that exist.
  • Misa
    Misa
    ✭✭✭
    you can get the game even cheaper than that, I bought mine for 26 euro (imperial version) but normal version costs 10 euro which is 12 usd http://www.playgames.dk/elder-scrolls-online-digital-imperial-edition-p-1166.html

http://www.playgames.dk/elder-scrolls-online-inkl-dage-p-1146.html
    Edited by Misa on November 30, 2014 4:14PM
  • Kurimugann
    Kurimugann
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as it is taking longer than 6 months for the console versions, I went with the cheaper PC version. Thanks for the advices.