The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Enchanting Survey Craglorn III

kieso
kieso
✭✭✭✭✭
Can you please move this survey in a spot not filled with dozens of wasps?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They have said that the wasps are supposed to be a level deterrent, if you are not a high enough character level, then you shouldn't be doing the Writ apparently.

But yeah, it's got to be annoying.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those wasps aren't elite in any way. With a non-dysfunctional build you can solo that at VR ranks. But I do agree, it's a bit annoying with random enemies close to surveys.

I really dont love the Blacksmith Survey in upper Craglorn next to a large elite troll. That one is certainly not deigned for solo'ers. It's a bit 50/50 if you can grab the last nodes without getting hunted by a troll. Depends on his current position and the direction his ugly face is pointing at. I would expect he's not supposed to aggro by design, but they made a tiny miscalculation.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have said that the wasps are supposed to be a level deterrent, if you are not a high enough character level, then you shouldn't be doing the Writ apparently.

But yeah, it's got to be annoying.

Where did they say that? Because if that's an official response, then that's really poor game design. I get Craglorn surveys at rank 35. I consider myself a late bloomer for enchanting, and at VR 6, I can't get at least 3 to 4 runes due to it.

Put the surveys in the veteran zones if they want to prohibit people from doing them too early.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kieso wrote: »
    Can you please move this survey in a spot not filled with dozens of wasps?

I'm pretty sure they said in another thread they are moving it.
  • Zed
    Zed
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen the #1 or #2 variation of the enchanting survey for Craglorn? #3 seems to be the only one I ever get for enchanting.
    Spend spend spend! 'Cause you don't know any better.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here!
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zed wrote: »
    Has anyone seen the #1 or #2 variation of the enchanting survey for Craglorn? #3 seems to be the only one I ever get for enchanting.

If memory serves, this is a known issue and the distribution of Enchanting Surveys, as well as the placement of the Craglorn III map (next to mobs) are things that are being looked into for 1.6.