The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

new weapon types?

andromedafalls
could there possibly be new weapon types in game
i would personally like to see melee staffs (spears/scythes) in game and was wondering what other people think
  • LAKout69
    LAKout69
    That is a great idea. A set pike skill for charging ranks. Javelin would also be epic. A scythe with robes, need I say more. nice. :)
  • Erotes
    Erotes
    ✭✭✭
    I would love melee staves!!!! OMG this game definitely needs more options for character customization!!!!
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they said there is nothing in the short term, or even the long term right now. Could be wrong, I wouldn't be able to source that right now.
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing is planed, so IF they decide to do it today, you won't see it happen for at least 1 year minimum. Planning, scheduling, designing, building, testing all takes a lot of time.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll happen eventually, just don't hold your breath
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • qiyamatawilrwb17_ESO
    i vote the flail or morning star..flail.jpg
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    i vote the flail or morning star..flail.jpg
    Yeh, with block passthrought ability ))

• Storm_knight22
    Storm_knight22
    ✭✭✭✭
    With regards to spears I have noted something interesting. In the Hollow City if you side with the argonian warriors (let the hist live) You will see an argonian warrior in the Argonian's house practicing with a spear. This means that animations with spears have been made. Wonder why.....

Also flails/morning stars would be stellar!
    I want spell crafting.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely want to see spears/polearms as a weapon type - two handed, focused on extended reach (maybe a 7-10 meter attack range instead of the 5-7 meter range used for current melee weapons), and PBAoE attacks (sweeping the weapon in a circle to knock down or damage all nearby enemies).

Spears/Polearms/Halberds are always my choice weapon, but they're left out of so many games nowdays, they're like the redheaded stepchild of weapon types.

Probably wouldnt be a bad idea to give them some kind of block-bypassing damage, too, in order to alleviate block spam issues.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spears and their brethren would be excellent additions to the game. Give them extended reach and the ability to break thru blocks and one has just added more balance to the game. All these ridiculous perma block builds would no longer be such a pain in the a**, and more diversity would be added to the game. Also give them AOE attacks like has been suggested above.

The last game I have played with battle staves was Dynasty warriors: and I had a blast with it. I would love to wield another crescent blade, or another polearm, or a halberd(whatever that's called) so many possibilities.

Of course, let's fix the problems the game has first before adding in new content.
    Edited by Cody on January 2, 2015 11:18PM