The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Returning to TESO: things to do?

Rhaegar75
Rhaegar75
✭✭✭✭✭
hello all, I've just resubbed after I realized that teso remains the best mmorpg on the market.

I know many things have been added so I'd like to check that I'm not missing anything.Things I'm planning to focus on....

1. AvA : no doubts here....I like it
2. Writs: a feature I really like; adding a bit of an extra to crafting
3. Pledges: daily dungeons to get points with the undaunted
4. Craglorn: still lots of quests left
5. complete achievements to access different dyes
6. Level up fighter & mage guilds

My doubts...

1. trials and arena: what are they about?

Have I forgotten anything from my 'to do list'?

many thanks
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trials are twelve (12) man endgame dungeons. Three (3) in total.

Hel Ra Citadel (HRC)
    Aetherian Archive (AA)
    Sanctum Ophedia (SO)

Hel Ra and Aetherian being relative difficulty. Sanctum is the hardest. The gear that drops (hopefully RNG ugh) can only be found in the trials. Again Hel Ra and Aetherian drop the same sets. Sanctum has its own set drops of higher quality.

Dragonstar Arena (DSA) can be played in both standard and veteran modes. Consists of 10 gated arenas each with several mobs and a final boss. there is a chest to loot after each sequence. The gear that drops in standard is usually blue/purple. Veteran mode can drop legendary v14 "yellow" gear. Also there is a chance to get the "masters" gear which is "ability altering" gear. So think of a staff that increases damage to one of your class skills for example.
    Edited by Cuyler on January 2, 2015 8:21PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks Cuyler!!

How are most people spending their time on teso?
  • Anex
    Anex
    ✭✭✭
    If you're over VR1 don't bother progressing too much. You won't be back-credited for your progress and you may potentially ruin your character like I probably have. I've done almost all the quests for Master Adventurer and I'll be rewarded a measly 30 points and unable to quest for more because I would have done them all..

You have no idea how disappointed I am and how much I hate to warn other people against playing right now because until that news, I really loved this game. I still do, I just hate that it will probably have to end for me when this goes live.
    Assassination/ Dual Wield Specced Stamina-based Nightblade, because I like Hardmode apparently
    Twitter | Raptr | Twitch.TV
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to run Pledges but I'm finding it awfully difficult to get a group!!!! the LFg tool is useless and all I'm doing is spamming for hours....what am I doing wrong?
  • Xupacabra
    Xupacabra
    ✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    I'm trying to run Pledges but I'm finding it awfully difficult to get a group!!!! the LFg tool is useless and all I'm doing is spamming for hours....what am I doing wrong?
    Just stay in the same place where pledge dailys are given and use zone chat to offer your services or see if you fit in any LFG or LFM.
    LFG tool is broken, they are fixing it...

Chupacabra with rage @ EU server AD faction Thornblade home
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't try and get your mail it has been nearly a year and you still have to relog or zone often to get the mail.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Make your own group! :smiling_imp: I see a lot of people LFG, sometimes 5-6 at a time. I'm always thinking all those people should group with each other.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to group when you take the initiative to form them yourself. Happy Hunting!

EDIT: it may or may not be obv but getting into an active PvE dungeon n trials guild is almost indispensable.
    Edited by Cuyler on January 2, 2015 8:25PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks Cuyler!!

How are most people spending their time on teso?

I spend most of time with my guildies doing crag delves, vet pledges, DSA and trials. When I'm not doing that I'm farming ingredients for tri-pots or food and in Cyrodiil trying to help the dwindling AD forces. I recently began a new alt as well.
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have been fishing. I have no idea why. I hated fishing in any other game. But for some reason I'm just sitting back and fishing and working on catching rare fish for the Achievements.