The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

My Patch 1.8+ Wishlist

Rodario
Rodario
✭✭✭✭✭
INTRODUCTION

This wishlist is compiled of suggestions which I still deem relevant and which I feel should be considered for ESO's near-future.

They are listed in descending order of significance (to me, personally), feasibility (from a layman's perspective) and likelihood of consideration (How much it stands in perceived conflict with ZOS' current design philosophy and how divided the community itself is about the issue).

I will add a link to each suggestion's own thread, where applicable.
Table of Contents
  1. The [Master Treasure Hunter] Achievement
  2. Visible Buffs & Debuffs
  3. Account Wide Keybindings
  4. Getting Rid of The Potion Wheel
  5. Combination Keybindings
  6. Guild Recruitment Roster
  7. Dye-able Shields, Limited Colors for Weapons
  8. Pack Mule/Pack Guar Mount
  9. A Change in Hireling Timer Mechanics
  10. Housing System

1. The [Master Treasure Hunter] Achievement

From Achievement Suggestion: [Master Treasure Hunter] / How to Make Treasure Maps Worthwhile

As we all know, the loot from treasure chests is a bit underwhelming. As a result, treasure maps are often sold for miniscule amounts or just destroyed.

Personally, I like finding treasure maps, figuring out the clues and digging up the chests. The loot is just a bonus rare temper to me.

My Suggestion

I suggest achievements tied to treasure maps be introduced.

Tracking Method

A consumable and bound trophy coin is added to the loot table of these treasure chests. Consuming the coin updates/completes the achievement. (This idea is based on the creature collectibles system and is meant as a possible solution in case just opening treasure chests is not trackable.)

Zone Achievements:

These achievements are completed by finding and opening all (non CE) treasure-map-treasures within a zone. Example below:

[Glenumbra Treasure Hunter]

- Find all treasure map locations within Glenumbra

+ 10 Achievement Points

Meta Achievement Subsets

These subsets are achieved by completing all zone achievements within an alliance's territory. Example Below:

[Covenant Treasure Hunter]

- Complete [Glenumbra Treasure Hunter]
- Complete [Stormhaven Treasure Hunter]

+ 50 Achievement Points

To increase motivation and make the ultimate goal [Master Treasure Hunter] not seem so far away, I believe in-between rewards are the way to go:

"Complete one of the achievements below"

- [Covenant Treasure Hunter]
- [Dominion Treasure Hunter]
- [Pact Treasure Hunter]

+ Uncommon Dye: [Treasure Hunter's Copper]

"Complete any two of the achievements below"

- [Covenant Treasure Hunter]
- [Dominion Treasure Hunter]
- [Pact Treasure Hunter]

+ Uncommon Dye: [Treasure Hunter's Silver]

Meta Achievement

This is achieved by completing all zone achievements and will grant a title and a rare dye:

[Master Treasure Hunter]

- Complete the "Open 1'000 treasure chests" achievement
- Complete [Covenant Treasure Hunter]
- Complete [Dominion Treasure Hunter]
- Complete [Pact Treasure Hunter]
- Complete [Coldharbour Treasure Hunter]
- Complete [Cyrodiil Treasure Hunter]

+ 50 Achievement Points
+ Title: [Master Treasure Hunter]
+ Rare Dye: [Treasure Hunter's Gold]

Much like is the case with the fishing achievement, I believe [Craglorn Treasure Hunter] should not be part of the [Master Treasure Hunter] meta achievement, but be its own achievement that awards an uncommon dye.

Why I think this would be a good idea:

If treasure map achievements are introduced...
  • The incentive for hunting down treasures increases
  • The market value of treasure maps shoots up
  • Players will be excited about finding a treasure map
  • It's an easy way to give players more to do
  • It will increase the incentive to explore all alliance territories
  • Treasure maps being high value items will improve immersion and atmosphere

2. Visible Buffs & Debuffs

From Visible Buffs & Debuffs

I suggest buffs and debuffs, as well as their remaining duration, be visible at all times in the form of icons somewhere along the screen border. Looking at the character window during combat to see them just isn't practical. Plus, they're not even all listed in there.

Some players will say this is a L2P issue, as experienced players should be able to tell what debuffs their characters are suffering from and that we should also know teammates' group buffs and how long those will last.

Others will say this would make their UI too cluttered, as they enjoy the level of immersion the current UI provides.

For these reasons I feel it should be an option that can be checked on or off.

I'm sure there's an add-on out there that accomplishes just this, but I feel this is one of many UI features that should be standard.

3. Account Wide Keybindings

From Account Wide Keybindings

Please add them as an option. I for one use the same layout on all characters and it would be nice if setups or changes wouldn't have to be made for every character.

It should be optional though, as there probably are people who use different layouts for different characters.

What I have in mind is: "Use the same layout as character X[drop-down]" or "use custom template X".

4. Getting Rid of The Potion Wheel

From The Potion Wheel

The time it takes to select a different potion situationally is ridiculous. Say I have a weapon damage potion selected, but need a healing potion stat, chances are I'll be dead before I have the healing potion selected.

Please change the wheel to a hotbar, or at least allow us to bind keys to the potion slots within the wheel.

5. Combination Keybindings

I would appreciate the ability to assign actions to key combinations e.g. CTRL+1. There are some in the default bindings, but the option to create them ourselves is sorely missing.

6. Guild Recruitment Roster

From Suggested Additions/Changes to Guild Communication Systems

There are a number of ways this could be implemented. As a separate tab in the guild window, a separate UI element, rosters hanging in major cities, or a tab in the guild trader window come to mind.

What it should entail is:
  • a list of all guilds and a search window to look for a specific guild or to filter the list according to selected criteria
  • the possibility for guilds to describe themselves and to display if they are recruiting and what their application criteria are
  • the possibility for players to apply for guild membership directly and for guilds to accept/decline/ignore applications

I believe this would greatly reduce /z guild recruitment spam.

7. Dye-able Shields, Limited Colors for Weapons

I can understand the reasoning behind weapons not being dye-able, the paint would come off very quickly.

Shields however, we should be able to dye. As opposed to armor, they actually were frequently painted to show the colors of the house the soldiers were fighting for. I believe shields in ESO would make an excellent carrier for guild crests. Also, I really dislike having this large surface that does not match the rest of my armor.

As far as weapons go, I still feel the hilts should be freely dye-able, while there should be a limited selection of metallic colors for the blades. Anything in the gray-scale/gold/bronze area seems fine to me.

8. Pack Mule/Pack Guar Mount

From Ideas for New Mounts and Their Specialties

As we know, new mounts will be added somewhere down the line. It was mentioned in an official statement/interview that the horse's specialty is being able to sprint without stamina reserves and that future mounts will have different abilities.

I decided to write down what I think should be the next two mounts added and what their specialties should be. (ed. I decided to only include the Pack Animal in this compilation)

Pack Mule/Pack Guar

This animal's specialty is providing the highest carrying capacity available. At lvl 50 it will give you a maximum personal inventory space of 200. Also, it comes with the option of additional coffers, which give it its own little inventory of 20 spaces. This can be accessed by interacting with the animal. Items in the coffers will not show up in bank or crafting windows, thereby providing a safe space for alternate equipment. Also, they make for a smoother transition from your draft horse.

Mules and Guars cannot be ridden. They will instead follow the player when summoned.

Price: 60'000 gold
Coffers: 40'000 gold

Lvl 1 stats:

Speed: 0% (Cannot be increased)
Stamina: 0 (Cannot be increased)
Carrying Capacity: 40

9. A Change in Hireling Timer Mechanics

From Request for a change in hireling timer mechanics

Receiving a delivery on the first login that happens at least 24 hours after the last one was received means it's almost impossible to receive one every day. No matter how hard you try, you'll never be able to log in/relog at exactly the same time every day, thus the delivery receival will shift to a later time every day, until you have to skip a day entirely.

If the hireling tier three was actually meant to address this, and not to receive two deliveries a day, i can accept that, but I'd want a "working as intended" confirmation.

Otherwise, my suggestion is the following:

1. Send deliveries at a fixed time e.g. 12AM (both simultaneously for tier 3) regardless of player logins. That way, as a bonus, players also wouldn't be punished for going on a vacation w/o access to a computer.

Failing that:

2. Take the refresh timer from above, but leave the login obligation (The deliveries will be overwritten by the following one, if not claimed). At least this way it wouldn't shift if you log in an hour later than usual.

EDIT after reading the comments:

3. Set the timers to 20 hours after last pickup and send both deliveries simultaneously for tier 3.

4. Additionally to any option chosen, make all characters' deliveries appear when logging in with any character. No more relogging 8 times to receive all mail. This would mean the mail is already generated in the inbox while offline, not sent upon login.

10. Housing System

From Housing System: A Vision
Note: The complete suggestion is very long, so I decided to only include the summary in this wishlist, as this is already a long thread itself.

Summary:

Three types of player housing are available: Cabins, Country Estates and City houses. Every alliance territory zone has an instanced area for each housing type.

Characters can only purchase houses in their own faction's territory, but each character that has completed the main story can own their own set of homes. The number of homes a player can own is theoretically 144-168 per account (8 characters x 6 or 7 zones x 3 houses), but the high initial cost, the running costs and the skill point requirement make this unlikely. Also, it would take at least 18 months to reach that number, because a character can only purchase one house every 30 days.

The three housing types each come with their own set of possible expansions, which offer individual benefits like farmland, workshops, or mines.

A new Profession is added: The Carpenter provides building materials and furniture to homemakers.

DISCLAIMER

There are other suggestions I would still like to see implemented, but I decided to only add the least controversial ones to this list.

If you feel very strongly about a particular suggestion, feel free to follow the link and (also) post your opinion in its own thread.

Thanks for reading, discuss.
Edited by Rodario on December 31, 2014 3:42PM
Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
{EU/DC}
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reserved.
    Edited by Rodario on December 31, 2014 3:50PM
    {EU/DC}
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like idea about housing in oblivion pockets (it was mentoines somewhere on this forum).
    Edited by AshySamurai on December 31, 2014 3:54PM
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES please! All of this!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -Barbershop, or some other way to change your character's hairstyle etc
    -Better Magicka management for Templars, make DPS Templars in heavy armour with two-hander axe (as shown on the character creation preview) actually a viable build, even for end-game.
    -Go back to the original game start, like it was in the first beta - i.e. slightly bigger Coldharbour, obligatory starter islands, slower initial levelling.
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    meme14.jpg

Seriously I do want a headnetch
  • Misa
    Misa
    ✭✭✭
    I like housing but I'd rather prefer some kind of guild housing/city

or guild city, since we have siege weapons it could be used for pvp too (for those who wants)
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like idea about housing in oblivion pockets (it was mentoines somewhere on this forum).
    Misa wrote: »
    I like housing but I'd rather prefer some kind of guild housing/city

or guild city, since we have siege weapons it could be used for pvp too (for those who wants)

This is why I put housing at the bottom of the list, there's so many different and good ideas as to how it should be implemented. That and it doesn't seem to be very high on ZOS' priority list.
    {EU/DC}