Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Health bar status?

LMar
LMar
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello all.

I've been playing and levelling up but still have a few questions especially with regard to the Health bar and the changes it experiences.

So sometimes the health bar has a flaming thing going on around it. Sometimes it gets a bit darker. Sometimes it has an extra outline inside it. What's going on? I feel like I am missing some information.

The health bar of enemies is also sometimes different. I read that bosses have a different bar but what about the rest. Any info would be appreciated.

Edit: While I am here I might as well ask about magicka, health and stamina recovery. What is a good amount for recovery for e.g. enchantments and food? And does enchantment damage just add damage to my weapon? Like if it says 6 frost damage on my staff does that means that it 6 more damage will be added to a staff that does base damage of say 34
Edited by LMar on December 30, 2014 9:08AM
"If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
"Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you take some screen shots? It may help to better understand what you're referring to.

I can say the darker health bar or "purple" as I see it is usually when a damage shield is applied to your character. There are many "shields" in the game all with different buffs but appear usually as purple on the health bar.

"flaming" as you put it may be an additional health regen buff applied to your character as well but its hard to tell what your referring to. I'm also not sure what you mean by extra outline.

My magicka recovery is 152 as a sorc using a seducer set for the 8% reduction is skills costs and that's works great for me. That's a base regen, I don't use drinks to buff just food. I don't use stam builds atm and just recently started a tank build so can't comment on health or stam.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any screenshots at the moment but it is like a glowing outline that shimmers and is wavy. Maybe it is when it is procing? (whatever that means :P )
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    I don't have any screenshots at the moment but it is like a glowing outline that shimmers and is wavy. Maybe it is when it is procing? (whatever that means :P )

Usually this is a health regen buff which makes the health bar glow and shows <<<>>> on the bar. It can be applied to yourself or other player/npc can apply it to you.

If its glowing without the <<<>>> then it is a static health increase of a set amount. this can be seen for example from using an "Alyeid Well". Again you can apply it yourself using a skill or by other player/npc.

If you press "c" you can view your character information. Which at the bottom of the screen will show all your current buffs. Next time you se your health bar doing something out of the ordinary, go to the character stat screen to see what it does :wink:
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heh thanks. I didn't mean the <<>> but rather the shimmying light. It might very well be increase in health. Or an effect that increases health as it usually comes up when a lot of players are in the middle of action so maybe someone is buffing.

I have noticed that yes the bar becomes darker with abilities that give armour. And when I am absorbing health it gets that inner outline
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    snip

Hey. So this is what i was talking about

http://i.imgur.com/zSBqbPw.png
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo an update for this for anyone still wondering: the in game help actually explains the health bar status. In this case it means "Increased power"