The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which class does more DPS in general in Melee?

Mricci1988
Mricci1988
✭✭
Just so I can understand this better...which class does better over all in Melee?

I prefer having a DW / Destro class to be honest...but DW / Bow works for me as well happily.

I am doing DK but its crazy hard to level unless I do skill / light attack weaving....my DPS suffers a lot from it otherwise :(

DK - how are they as a DW melee?
NB - How are they as a DW melee?
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we're talking about once you are out of Stealth and for Stamina based Melee builds I don't think Class actually matters much. There's a few nice passives that help like Stamina regen, Crit ceiling (NB), stronger pots (NB) and some really good Ultimates of certain Classes but overall There's pretty little difference between them. Even Racial passives seem more geared towards Magicka builds and Tanking. I've seen very good Sorcs with 2H/DW and some of them use Streak to get out of trouble when Melee gets sticky. I even had a 2H/DW VR10 Templar doing 1.2K ST in one of my Vet Pledge runs the other day.

One problem I see is that while leveling (at lower levels) having only DW/Destro or DW/Bow leaves you lacking in the self healing department. So you kind of either have to nuke them before they do much damage or have an exit strategy. OFC, some of the Class abilities/Ultimates help greatly with that. Both DK and NB are strong at solo'ing content if built for sustain. I can say the same of Templar, at least at higher levels when they gain access to Sun Shield. Sorcs are the same also once they gain access to Surge > Crit Surge, and 1.6 won't change that for Stamina builds. Once NB's gain access to Drain Power > Sap Essence and have Consuming Darkness > Veil of Blades there's little they can't solo. Also, DK's Ultimate Magma Armor is insane for survival.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taking class active abilities aside, nightblades do get more bonuses through passives that will help with stamina damage output. From the assassination tree you get 3% extra weapon crit for each assassination ability you have slotted, and as long as you have at least one assassination ability slotted you'll get 10% extra critical hit damage. In the shadow tree, you get 30% extra stamina regeneration, and through the siphoning tree a 30% boost to potions.

Dragonknights dont have nearly as many passives that boost weapon skills, but their active class skills are a bit stronger in most situations. Having abilities like talons and spell reflect will give you more control over combat, and obsidian shield / dragon blood both offer you much greater survivability than a nightblade has access to.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say NB would do more damage in a melee setup.

Of course sorc has crit surge but hes got no ways to regen stamina.
    Of course DK has flames of oblivion and igneous weapon but you must slot GDB for stam regen.
    Of course Templar got 4% more weapon damage passive and huge stam regen but has no other real ways to boost damage.
    NB gots great crit passives, stam regen passives and abilities that supports stam damage.

Although, I'd say right now any class can dps well in stamina mode. I just think NB is more competitive in terms of raw DPS compared to magika builds. Here i'm spacifically talking about raw DPS (PvE mostly) and not taking survivability into account
    Edited by Kupoking on January 1, 2015 12:55PM
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NB with DW by far.One of the top dps setups in the game.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NBs can sustain themselves for a very long time with siphoning strikes(whichever morph one prefers to use) that, combined with NB passives, makes the NB, in my opinion, the best melee class in the game; heck my DW build can take on just about any melee player, no matter the class, that I encounter.
    Edited by Cody on January 1, 2015 9:52PM