The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The real problem with Cadwells Silver and Gold

Guppet
Guppet
✭✭✭✭✭
Firstly please understand this is not meant in a deadly serious way. But may help people to accept (though probably not) loosing all the Cadwell Silver and Gold (and all the opposing faction quests)progress.

First you have to ask yourself one thing. What is Cadwells Silver and Gold?

It is Cadwell allowing you to experience what could have happened if you had woken up in another factions zone rather than your own.

The whole thing is infact a what could have been dream type thing. It never actually happens.

So there you go, you now know why you have no progress from it, it never happened :P

Heck 1.6 could launch with a cut scene of you waking up to Cadwell, with him saying "Dude, you have been out for ages, thought we lost you there"
Edited by Guppet on December 31, 2014 1:49PM
  • Kaliki
    Kaliki
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps your first faction was also a dream and in reality your mortal shell lies delirious and dying on the altar in Coldharbour.

How about a reset to lvl 0? :)
    - Templars: Slower by Design® -
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole thing is incredibly contrived and ridiculous. Even worse, dye achievements and other unique rewards are tied to doing these areas. I REALLY want to see Silver and Gold just go away...but they darn well better cjange the achievements as well.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    The whole thing is incredibly contrived and ridiculous. Even worse, dye achievements and other unique rewards are tied to doing these areas. I REALLY want to see Silver and Gold just go away...but they darn well better cjange the achievements as well.

I don't know that it will go away, but they do intend to revamp Silver and Gold and the linear progression it entails.

I actually thought the 'reason' behind the implementation (lore wise) was fairly ingenious.

How do you completely break a lore/alliance/storyline without breaking a lore/alliance/storyline.

It's nice (in a way) in that it lets you experience the other factions. It suck, in a way, because it kind of defeats the purpose behind starting an alt in another faction.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck 1.6 could launch with a cut scene of you waking up to Cadwell, with him saying "Dude, you have been out for ages, thought we lost you there"
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who is this Caldwell character and what has he done with all the silver and gold?!
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know that it will go away, but they do intend to revamp Silver and Gold and the linear progression it entails.

I actually thought the 'reason' behind the implementation (lore wise) was fairly ingenious.

How do you completely break a lore/alliance/storyline without breaking a lore/alliance/storyline.

It's nice (in a way) in that it lets you experience the other factions. It suck, in a way, because it kind of defeats the purpose behind starting an alt in another faction.

It was only "ingenious" in that it gave them a flimsy excuse to recycle content and not have to do a single lick of work to alter it. What Cadwell's SHOULD be is yoru character now secretly venturing into enemy lands to further your faction's aims. And yes, that means all new quests.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I find moronic about Silver/Gold mainly is that you "experience" an alter-reality where you get to another faction zone instead of yours where:

- There is not a single player from that faction. So you are a Nord making DC silver and everyplayer around you is an EP. That does not fit very well.
    - You go there to know that the most important thing is to stay together in order to defeat Molag Bal, but then you dont get to do Coldharbour and Molag Bal battle again. Instead, you are basically an EP at the service of both the DC and AD monarchs.
    - It actually kills any kind of expectation to run alts from other factions. Why should I? When I finished Silver/Gold with my main char (EP), the most recent content I made was AD>DC>EP, so making a non-EP alt is even more boring.
    - Whats up with that reward??????
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was only "ingenious" in that it gave them a flimsy excuse to recycle content and not have to do a single lick of work to alter it. What Cadwell's SHOULD be is yoru character now secretly venturing into enemy lands to further your faction's aims. And yes, that means all new quests.

I just meant from the aspect of:
    The way they explain being inches from your enemy without it completely dislodging reality as they know it.

Agreed, I was hopeful it would be different quest material, just as the Vet Dungeons offer a different storyline/situation that the regular dungeons do.

They could have gotten triple the content and had more replayability, as there would be three completely different stories each through three complete alliance zones.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • PSLAnimal
    PSLAnimal
    ✭✭✭✭
    See, this is why they should have had Burl Ives voice Cadwell.

http://youtu.be/azcj749wMIU
    Animal (Ask me what the PSL stands for. Go on. Ask.)
    @PSLAnimal on the NA Megaserver
    Making people wonder just what the hell is wrong with me since 1961.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »
    Firstly please understand this is not meant in a deadly serious way. But may help people to accept (though probably not) loosing all the Cadwell Silver and Gold (and all the opposing faction quests)progress.

First you have to ask yourself one thing. What is Cadwells Silver and Gold?

It is Cadwell allowing you to experience what could have happened if you had woken up in another factions zone rather than your own.

The whole thing is infact a what could have been dream type thing. It never actually happens.

So there you go, you now know why you have no progress from it, it never happened :P

The problem with Cadwell silver and gold? This game should be a sandbox not themepark.
    :trollin:
  • Etori
    Etori
    ✭✭✭
    I for one, love the Silver/Gold quests. As someone who isn't a hardcore gamer anymore who has time to roll endless alts, it is great to be able to focus on my main, and yet still get to see the entire game.
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got to silver, and I don't want to play the story from the same person. I wish I could roll an alt, and get credit for completion of these quests on all my characters so I would not need to play them again. I believe there should be an option to tie alts together so they can have the same achievements, quests completed, locations discovered, etc. It will be interesting to see what the new champion system does, but It probably won't solve this dilemma and if I roll an alt, my main character will be lacking in skill points because I did not travel through the entire map. I plan to create an alt for each faction, and each will have different race, class, and skills. This way I can play a diverse game and experience more, but it will be a shame that my main character will have a skill disadvantage in the end because I wanted to play the other factions the way they were meant to be played.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSLAnimal wrote: »

The only problem is that he been dead for years. John Cleas is at least still alive.
    Edited by RDMyers65b14_ESO on December 31, 2014 5:22PM
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My main character is a Bosmer that rebelled against the Dominion and joined Daggerfall Covenant. After escaping from Coldharbour, she was fortunate to return to Covenant lands.

Being sent on an imaginary trip through what life would have been like if she woke up back on the Sumerset Isles and suddenly decided to help the Dominion doesn't really do it for me.

Would have preferred a more well-thought-out story-line that included invading enemy lands.

It is unfortunate that the Champion System will not actually be changing that aspect of it, but at least it should supposedly be remedying the linear progression of the zones.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You people DO remember why Cadwell's Gold and Silver was introduced to the game, right? Originally, endgame was supposed to be PvP, that's it. Veteran ranks would be gained by advancing in PvP. Then the beta testers started complaining, they didn't want to do PvP, or wanted something else to do in addition, or they wanted to be able to do everything in the game with the same character - and so we got Cadwell's Silver and Cadwell's Gold...
  • PSLAnimal
    PSLAnimal
    ✭✭✭✭
    PSLAnimal wrote: »

The only problem is that he been dead for years. John Cleas is at least still alive.

Hey, with modern computer sound-mixing, anything is possible.

I don't know who John Cleas is, but John Cleese is indeed alive.
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    You people DO remember why Cadwell's Gold and Silver was introduced to the game, right? Originally, endgame was supposed to be PvP, that's it. Veteran ranks would be gained by advancing in PvP. Then the beta testers started complaining, they didn't want to do PvP, or wanted something else to do in addition, or they wanted to be able to do everything in the game with the same character - and so we got Cadwell's Silver and Cadwell's Gold...

Well that's a problem on their side. Not planning a proper End game before release and thinking it would take players months to reach End game instead of the Days it actually took.
    PvP was / is never enough on it's own unless it's open world PvP. They should have known this by.....well every other game ever released that tried to be solely PvP and failed.

If it could be done it would have been done by now and those developers would be rolling on beds of gold with about 70% of ALL online players craving a PvP only game (that's actually good).

No they brought all of this on themselves as they knew the game wasn't ready for launch but went ahead with a half finished game anyway.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I made alts when I started the game to play other factions. I never thought I'd be running through the exact same quests on my primary toon. It would be neat to go to the other factions for completely Different quests tied to your character just as a spy or running around helping in some way off and on when a greater threat comes about after the Cold Harbor business is done and you are a vet character. As it is its monotonous and has me pretty bored. :(

...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put me down in the 30% that doesn't crave pvp, and dang sure doesn't crave a pvp only game.

PVP is a nice 'addition' but I'd unsub in a heartbeat if it were forced or the only option to play.

Edit: I've never seen a poll on here even that had a 70% pvp only to 30%pve only
    Edited by Psychobunni on December 31, 2014 7:54PM
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put me down in the 30% that doesn't crave pvp, and dang sure doesn't crave a pvp only game.

PVP is a nice 'addition' but I'd unsub in a heartbeat if it were forced or the only option to play.

Edit: I've never seen a poll on here even that had a 70% pvp only to 30%pve only

Was meaning ALL online players of games not just ESO. Most of us crave a good PvP game but know it will never happen. Human nature dictates it cannot happen.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • PSLAnimal
    PSLAnimal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sindala wrote: »
    Most of us crave a good PvP game

Evidence?
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one loves Cadwell's Silver and Gold as well, since he will never have a ALT / character in anything but the Dominion...For the Queen.... :smiley:
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on December 31, 2014 11:44PM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    dye achievements and other unique rewards are tied to doing these areas.

If you do the other factions with an Alt you get the dyes tied to the factions across the account, so I don't understand the problem, obviously.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread