The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How exactly is seeing enemy magic bars not considered cheating?

dietlime
dietlime
✭✭✭✭
If I can't do it with the game, and you modify it, how is that not cheating? If I could check your health mid-game in Counter-Strike, that would give me an unfair advantage. How can you be allowing people to read my resource numbers - which should only be visible to me - and not consider them hackers?

What the hell, ZoS?
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    THis is very CORE to the gameplay. If you can see my stamina, and I can't see yours; you'll win in PvP every time: because you know when I can block or not, and I don't. You can intentionally bleed me out and put your damage skill at the worst possible moment with absolute certainty.

I don't want to ruin the game's UI, that's one of the things about it that I enjoy that sets it apart from other MMO's; a UI that isn't hideous.

Are there any addons that level the playing field without changing the entire UI?

Specifically War-legend HUD:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info27-WarLegendHUD.html

The *** is that? As if big full-screen red letter "DISABLED" warnings aren't unfair enough, you can see the other player's stamina? What the ***? And their *** skills? So you can instantly *** know exactly what they're capable of in totality?

Is that really intended design?

If so, why isn't that included in the game?
    Edited by dietlime on December 27, 2014 3:39AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh.

That add-on is so ancient that I would guess that it does not work anymore?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    I believe that you saw very old addon which was designed during the beta and you have jumped to conclusion that it still works.

It's not possible to get any information about target's magicka and stamina sice patch in March (ESO was released after that - on April 4).
    Edited by Garkin on December 27, 2014 5:06AM
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Garkin wrote: »
    I believe that you saw very old addon which was designed during the beta and you have jumped to conclusion that it still works.

It's not possible to get any information about target's magicka and stamina sice patch in March (ESO was released after that - on April 4).

/thread
    Lol
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dietlime wrote: »
    THis is very CORE to the gameplay. If you can see my stamina, and I can't see yours; you'll win in PvP every time: because you know when I can block or not, and I don't. You can intentionally bleed me out and put your damage skill at the worst possible moment with absolute certainty.

I don't want to ruin the game's UI, that's one of the things about it that I enjoy that sets it apart from other MMO's; a UI that isn't hideous.

Are there any addons that level the playing field without changing the entire UI?

Specifically War-legend HUD:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info27-WarLegendHUD.html

The *** is that? As if big full-screen red letter "DISABLED" warnings aren't unfair enough, you can see the other player's stamina? What the ***? And their *** skills? So you can instantly *** know exactly what they're capable of in totality?

Is that really intended design?

If so, why isn't that included in the game?
    Yeah I consider it cheating but to say it to self proclaim pro or expert they would say" if you do not use it and you keep losing then it your fault for not using it".
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭

/thread
    Lol

I'm satisfied! I was trying to find the API calls and freaking the *** out because I could not figure out how they were doing it!

I AM PERMANOOB, WHY GOD
    Edited by dietlime on December 29, 2014 4:24AM
  • katkat42
    katkat42
    ✭✭✭

/thread
    Lol

I'm satisfied! I was trying to find the API calls and freaking the *** out because I could not figure out how they were doing it!

I AM PERMANOOB, WHY GOD

It's okay, everyone has these moments! (Except maybe Garkin :D )
    Stonehenge ROCKS!
  • dietlime
    dietlime
    ✭✭✭✭
    May I have some 1.6 please sir, I want the squabble about CP to stop :(

I'm pretty sure there is some angle to the new system we don't understand.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I can't do it with the game, and you modify it, how is that not cheating? If I could check your health mid-game in Counter-Strike, that would give me an unfair advantage. How can you be allowing people to read my resource numbers - which should only be visible to me - and not consider them hackers?

What the hell, ZoS?
    Any information that comes from use of an add-on is not cheating. ZOS decides what add-on can and cannot do. So, unless ZOS made a mistake, it's been legitimized by them. Just another piece of the add-on puzzle created by ZOS.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May I have some 1.6 please sir, I want the squabble about CP to stop :(

I'm pretty sure there is some angle to the new system we don't understand.

Here.. a diversion.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/144646/destroying-your-own-alliances-resource-towers-2014-12-31#latest
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.