The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Should the Imperial Race get its own questing area?

AngryNord
AngryNord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Face it, as it is right now, playing as an Imperial doesn't really 'fit in' with any of the three alliances (in both DC and AD, you spend pretty much the whole fourth questing area fighting Imperials/Cyrodiils, and in the EP it doesn't really work well with the whole setting of the alliance...
So, would it be an idea to give the Imperial race their own, separate questing area? Perhaps a PvE version of Cyrodiil, with a custom starting area (for example the Gold Coast area with Anvil, Kvatch and Skingrad) and then the three alliance areas in properly leveled PvE-versions, where you play from the viewpoint of the (former) Imperial Legion?
  • Keiffo
    Keiffo
    ✭✭✭
    My Jamaican Khajiit doesn't fit in anywhere either. They should make a reggae reggae sauce dungeon too.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they will eventually add the rest of Cyrodiil as PvE areas, either solo or new adventure zones.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperials, also known as Cyrodiilics, are a race of men and women from the Cyrodiil, the province in the center of Tamriel. Members of the Imperial race are some of the most well-educated, wealthy, and well-spoken people in Tamriel. They have ruled the Empire of Tamriel for more than 2,000 years. Cyrodiil is the cosmopolitan heartland of Tamriel. It has been the capital province of the Empire since the Reman Dynasty. It is home to the Imperial City where the Emperor and his Elder Council live and rule.

Check the center of your map, you'll see the large Imperial questing zone.
    Wololo.
  • Ganacampo
    Ganacampo
    ✭✭✭
    I would like that, Colovia would be a good region where this could take place.

But that would mean that the Imperials would become a race for everyone to play, not only those with the Imperial Edition.
    And they still would have to be part of one of the other factions since they are not a faction on their own.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep forgetting that you only get to play an Imperial if you have the Imperial Edition. So I don't think this would work unless they made them available to everybody...which would probably tick off those of us who paid extra for the Imperial Edition. Plus, Imperial lands are indeed already on the map...in Cyrodil. Now it would be pretty cool if they'd create a cross faction PvE area in Cyrodil, I'd absolutely love that.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I keep forgetting that you only get to play an Imperial if you have the Imperial Edition. So I don't think this would work unless they made them available to everybody...which would probably tick off those of us who paid extra for the Imperial Edition. Plus, Imperial lands are indeed already on the map...in Cyrodil. Now it would be pretty cool if they'd create a cross faction PvE area in Cyrodil, I'd absolutely love that.

Absolutely agree. Give Imperials separate zone is bad idea because ZOS's main idea is to have access to all content regardless what class/race you are.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldnt really matter, because everyone ends up getting forced to do all 3 alliance quest zones no matter what faction they start on. That said, I have one character in each faction, and I'd like to have a 4th so I can play all four classes, but I dont want to level with repeat quests again. A fourth area might be nice - maybe an instanced version of cyrodiil that has a different main story line, with the events leading up to the soulburst rather than afterwards.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought the premise was, you're of the Imperial race but Instead of being loyal to the empire you joined up with one of the factions? None of the factions are locked by race anyway if you have the explorer pack.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    Face it, as it is right now, playing as an Imperial doesn't really 'fit in' with any of the three alliances (in both DC and AD, you spend pretty much the whole fourth questing area fighting Imperials/Cyrodiils, and in the EP it doesn't really work well with the whole setting of the alliance...

None of my characters fit in, I don't do fitting in, I do what I do, others can take it or leave it.

Asking for a fourth area to play your Imperials in is pointless, the imperials live in Cyrodil, which is your PVP zones, so they would have to be displaced, which means they won't fit in with the background anyhow.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    So, would it be an idea to give the Imperial race their own, separate questing area? Perhaps a PvE version of Cyrodiil, with a custom starting area (for example the Gold Coast area with Anvil, Kvatch and Skingrad) and then the three alliance areas in properly leveled PvE-versions, where you play from the viewpoint of the (former) Imperial Legion?
    Why? Their land is in the middle of a war. It's quite common in fact for regions affected by war to have it's population migrate to other areas. There is actually a word for this: refugee. We don't need our own custom starting zone. The entire premise of this thread is silly.
    :trollin:
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Imperials, also known as Cyrodiilics, are a race of men and women from the Cyrodiil, the province in the center of Tamriel. Members of the Imperial race are some of the most well-educated, wealthy, and well-spoken people in Tamriel. They have ruled the Empire of Tamriel for more than 2,000 years. Cyrodiil is the cosmopolitan heartland of Tamriel. It has been the capital province of the Empire since the Reman Dynasty. It is home to the Imperial City where the Emperor and his Elder Council live and rule.

Check the center of your map, you'll see the large Imperial questing zone.

Except every Imperial NPC in Cyrodiil is hostile towards you and the quests in Cheydinhal require you to kill Imperials. This is in direct contrast to the other questing zones where you help the native populations instead of killing them.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad I at least was able to amuse the three persons who LoL'ed this
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Just think it would be interesting to play a loyal imperial, separate from the other alliances.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    I Just think it would be interesting to play a loyal imperial, separate from the other alliances.
    I understand. I don't disagree that it wouldn't be fun in a different game. This game is not set up for that though. I suggest you try Oblivion it's set in Cyrodiil and you can be very loyal once you get out of prison.
    :trollin:
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *facepalms* OK, let me explain why this is amusing. There are two sides to the Imperials. One side is that of the current Empress - Regent Clivia Tharn who has aligned with Manimarco and Molag Bal. The other side of the Imperials are those who fled Cyrodil as they could not abide the Daedra. That is what most people play. Of the three factions, a lot have found their temporary home in the Covenant lands due to the fact that the Covenant wants to restore the rightful heir of St Alessia to the Ruby Throne. Mind you, we don't know in game that he won't be born for another 300 or so years in the form of Talos. (The AD wants to put an elf on the throne and the EP just wants to be free to choose their own fate)

There was one player who made a Tharn loyalist and they were pretty much laughed off the game. Those of us who hold true to St Alessia's word to Akatosh will fight against the Daedra. The ones in the game that you have to fight are Tharn loyalist. My Imps hate having to kill their own countrymen but if you are stupid enough to align with the Daedra, you get what you deserve.

With that said, we are already getting the Imperial City sometime in the next year.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    I thought the premise was, you're of the Imperial race but Instead of being loyal to the empire you joined up with one of the factions?

This. Although it would be nice to see it acknowledged in dialogue once or twice. Not one Imperial has ever trash-talked mine and called him a traitor, and some prisoners I rescued towards the end of the DC quest chain actually said "you're no Imperial" to my Imperial guy while he was wearing an Imperial Legion disguise even.

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, also, questing regions are not per race but per alliance. You just have each races "homeland" in the matching alliance, more or less... as mentioned, any imperial players are refugees from the current pro-daedric regime and war-torn cyrodil is their "homeland".

And as time goes by, there may be more expansions to cyrodil then the upcoming imperial city... from "oblivion" we know cyrodil proper has two more parts ESO doesn't include (yet), the west-south-west to the gold coast between hammerfell and valenwood, and the south-south-east down the river to copal bay between elsweyr and black marsh. Might be that those will someday become available as regions in this game too, for PvP/PvE regions... (Maybe even a mixed PvP and PvE thing... do your region questing while dodging the enemy fraction, etc... like the towns in cyrodil, just moreso... possibly even with an active NPC "roaming fraction" to mix things up... I could see the maromer trying to gain a foothold on the mainland and such... but that's far in the future at this point anyhow)
  • Lovelyn
    Lovelyn
    ✭✭
    I can't be an Imperial, not can I be a kitty cat in DC. *stomps off*
  • Pollux_Geminorum
    Definitely! Something I don't understand is why Imperials have to choose a faction when they should actually be 'factionless' as their main interest is to get Cyrodiil and the Imperial City back from Molag Bal's grasp not the Three Banners War to choose a non-Imperial as Emperor/Empress.

Furthermore, I've always thought that despite the alliances system, all characters should start their main quest in their homelands as a better way to get immersed in their own storyline. I've got over 10 characters. One of them is a Redguard DK tank and he's been exploring the Alik'r Desert to learn about his Yokuda ancestry. Another character is a Khajit NB dd and she's from Pellitine aka Southern Elsweyr (she's a bandit, but with family ties to Queen Khamira from Anequina aka Northern Elsweyr). Finally, my Dunmer NM dd who's evil as she's terribly disfigured and embittered. She follows Mephala, likes Molag Bal, and wants to overthrow The Tribunal.
    Edited by Pollux_Geminorum on August 13, 2023 11:50AM