The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mid - level game , losing interest.

okuzmin2003b14_ESO
okuzmin2003b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
I recently returned to ESO left in May due to family issues. I see alot of activities in 1-20 level range but after that , it seems like a barren wasteland . No dungeon groups , maybe 5-7 players per zone. I tried PVP , took 2 missions and just ran through Cyrodill , saw one enemy player who was fishing , zone us huge and empty.
I am level 33 Bosmer NB playing for Aldmeri Dominion, i am slowly losing interest in game. I am both an MMo and Elder scrolls fan , this game is a bit dumbed down for an RPG and lacks group/dungeon content for an MMO.
Dont get me wrong , i love both this game and a series but i struggle to find a reason to log in and solo quest .
What would you suggest?
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,
    maybe you should have a look in the guild section of this forum. It will not populate all of cyrodiil for you, but you might not feel lonely anymore. ;-)
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to find good active guild that's all. I've run pledges almost daily with members of guild I'm in and even visited Cyrodiil yesterday with few of them (think that was my 3rd time there) and we attended some keep taking and defending.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In Cyrodiil you probably picked the "wrong" campaign. There are campaigns that are nearly empty and mostly used for pve issues and others that reach population lock nearly every evening.
    That you don't find players for dungeons is a temporary problem. As soon as you reach veteran rank 1 there will be many more people willing to group with you. Or, as others said, you can look for a guild and see if there are other players with charakters in your lvl range.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont get me wrong , i love both this game and a series but i struggle to find a reason to log in and solo quest .
    What would you suggest?

What I do when I want to play and not sure what to do is look at the Achievements in the Journal. I am not one to chase Achv points, but they do give me an idea of some things to do. Like, for the longest time I did not know there were multiple bosses in Public Dungeons, just the one. Or, I need to kill 24 more Giants to get a new dye unlocked, things like that.

Another thing to consider is the Champion System is coming and you need to be L50 to take part in that, so getting your character leveled up can help you.

As other's have said, join some guilds and then you will have people to do things with. My grouping got a lot more productive (in forming groups not prowess) once in a good guild.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• okuzmin2003b14_ESO
    okuzmin2003b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for all the replies , i am a member of 2 guilds one has low pop on anoter has a huge population.Its a trading guild and guild trader is located in Riften. As an Aldmeri Dominion member how do i get there?
    Regarding PVP, i did join a low pop campaign , because all high population were locked, so couldnt find any action. And someone said about PVE objectives, u must be talking about scouting mission s right?
    Wow i completely missed achievements , mistake on my part , what benefits do they provide? And new Champion system?
    Sorry for so many questions i cant get to my pc atm , just got out of hospital and like i said i see games potential and ty for your advices.Keep them coming.
  • Morshire
    Morshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not that getting out of the hospital is a good thing (unless the drugs flow freely.....wait did I say that out loud? :p ) But bonus #2 - FREE TIME to play. Alright, enough joking.
    Like you, I was having a hard time getting into the game for all the same reasons.
    I didn't run my first group dungeon till level 43. I mean NO, zero, nada, nothing.
    Exploration is key. There are so many things to find. I would just pick a map point and go. Yet this works best when drunk. Still gets boring. I ran dungeons solo...another failure most times. I found that following chat gave me opportunities to do some things. (Sometimes people just need bodies) And as pointed out above, guilds. I found mine as they were trolling chat. Surprisingly, they are smaller +200 members, but whenever I log on, 10+ players online looking for something to do as well.
    And if you want a real thrill, get someone to take you to a map that is higher level than you and drop you off (Wayshrine). Bet you either get really quick with your hands, or learn that it takes ALOT of stamina to outrun monsters. B) (Of course, you can just ride / walk to those same maps in a short time. The challenge isn't getting there, the challenge is getting to the next one alive.
    For the PVP - yeah I mostly followed the groups around and hoped they wouldn't notice me. (Tip, have a forward camp so when you use the last respawn, you can drop another. For some reason, people get mad if you don't. ;)
    All of it adds up to this, the more time in the game, even running solo, the better your odds of getting grouped for dungeons / PVP / guilds.
    I got to V2 like 2 weeks ago. Now that I can, I have been going back to everywhere and doing the things I missed. Drop in chat that V2 running some low lvl dungeon, you get friends. Pretend friends, but hey, who will notice right?
    And fun fact of the day - LFG means they could care less what you look like, they are lonely and need a pretend friend too.
    Follow me if I advance, Kill me if I retreat, Avenge me if I die.

When this immediate evil power has been defeated, we shall not yet have won the long battle with the elemental barbarities. Another evil, it may be an invisible adversary, will attempt, again, and yet again, to destroy our frail civilization. Is it true, I wonder, that the only way to escape a war is to be in it?

If I die, you are forgiven, If I live, I will kill you.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for all the replies , i am a member of 2 guilds one has low pop on anoter has a huge population.Its a trading guild and guild trader is located in Riften. As an Aldmeri Dominion member how do i get there?
    Regarding PVP, i did join a low pop campaign , because all high population were locked, so couldnt find any action. And someone said about PVE objectives, u must be talking about scouting mission s right?
    Wow i completely missed achievements , mistake on my part , what benefits do they provide? And new Champion system?
    Sorry for so many questions i cant get to my pc atm , just got out of hospital and like i said i see games potential and ty for your advices.Keep them coming.

You can access your guild storethrough any banker (except in Cyrodiil currently), you don't have to go to the Rift and use the trader,though you will be able to after finishing the main quest and Cadwell's silver.

But big trading guilds aren't the best for player interaction. Many of us have our trade guilds "muted" because of the sale chatter.

I second the recommendation to check out the guild section of these forums. Also try saying in zone that you are looking for an active guild with players interested in questing and dungeon groups and/or pvp. You will probably have several people reach out to you.

There are some bigger AD guilds dedicated to pvp that do well at bringing newer players into the fold.

I hope you continue enjoying the game.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned before get into a dungeons/pvp guild. Your trade guilds are just that, for trade.

The game only gets exciting when you've got a couple of friends to play with. Your level is low so you won't be sought after for groups like others in Vet ranks already so what I suggest is.....

go to whatever zone is at your level and spam chat for a buddy that is your level and wants to either join to quest together or grind mobs for xp. Once your a lvl50+ get 3 consistent friends to run the dungeons and pvp (probably a guild).

For me the game didn't get fun until I had 3 friends to run the dungeons every night.

Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Morshire
    Morshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    Once your a lvl50+ get 3 consistent friends to run the dungeons and pvp (probably a guild).

For me the game didn't get fun until I had 3 friends to run the dungeons every night.

Sorry, they sell friends at lvl 50? Did I miss it, cause I would buy a few. Are they expensive? Do they come in sets, like twins, or can you only buy them one at a time? Do they talk as well, or just follow you around and help you kill stuff? Once I buy them, are they account wide or will I have to buy them for every character?

Any info on this would be SUPER helpful.

When this immediate evil power has been defeated, we shall not yet have won the long battle with the elemental barbarities. Another evil, it may be an invisible adversary, will attempt, again, and yet again, to destroy our frail civilization. Is it true, I wonder, that the only way to escape a war is to be in it?

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually there are "friends" that you can buy for dungeons. For the last few weeks I have seen players advertising "I'll help you getting the gold key from the daily for x gold." in zone chat.
    But with a little bit of social competence you'll find friends that come with you, because it's fun playing with you and not because you're rich.
  • Morshire
    Morshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually there are "friends" that you can buy for dungeons. For the last few weeks I have seen players advertising "I'll help you getting the gold key from the daily for x gold." in zone chat.
    But with a little bit of social competence you'll find friends that come with you, because it's fun playing with you and not because you're rich.

Great advice, but which zones are they advertising in and how much is "x gold"? Just asking cause the only thing I have going for me is that I am rich. ;)

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a fairly casual player, the peeps (characters) I play most often are 12-26 lvl. I meet people by grouping/friending outside of public dungeons, whispering to folks with interesting names or appearances, or neat sounding guild names. If you are near a dolmen and it triggers, wait and watch and zone call for help at X dolmen. There are some guilds that do more role-playing, try and look for them. Watch the various chats going on and jump in to offer help if you can.

Just some thoughts
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morshire wrote: »
    Cuyler wrote: »
    Once your a lvl50+ get 3 consistent friends to run the dungeons and pvp (probably a guild).

Sorry, they sell friends at lvl 50? Did I miss it, cause I would buy a few. Are they expensive? Do they come in sets, like twins, or can you only buy them one at a time? Do they talk as well, or just follow you around and help you kill stuff? Once I buy them, are they account wide or will I have to buy them for every character?

Any info on this would be SUPER helpful.

Not sure if serious or :trollface:

Anyhow, if you played the game long enough to be lvl50 I hope you have met some players to group with or you truly are just a :trollface:
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]