The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pre-1.6 state of Cyrodiil and 3 suggestions

Blud
Blud
✭✭✭✭✭
There are a lot of nasty, contentious threads popping up about AvA with lots of accusations of exploits, etc.

I'd like to see a constructive thread with non-angry posts o:) describing any problems with the current state of Cyrodiil and your 3 top priorities for correction or suggestions for how to improve it.

I don't believe there is a particular faction which exploits more than any other (unless you have the evidence to prove it). There may be some people who re-rolled to be on "the winning side" but that happens in every game. Is there anything that can be done about it?

I have had some amazing good times in Cyrodiil, but not for a couple of months now. To be honest, I am AD and those good times did coincide with us winning our campaign, so... That's why I don't think we need to blame any factions for being successful right now. I don't think it will help anything to make it personal.

My three issues:

1 Faction imbalance/zerging: I'd rather have queue times because of population lock than grossly imbalanced zergs dominating, whatever faction they are. Getting rid of buff servers and reducing the number of campaigns -- or making it impossible to switch campaigns until they're over might help.

2 Class and skill line balancing: What do you see most commonly in your death report? I'm not going to say it here, but you know what it is for you. I believe this is on ongoing effort by ZOS to monitor and correct.

3 Buff servers: These just seem really wrong to me, as mentioned somewhat in 1. I don't think they are having the desired effect on AvA, so I think they need to be removed (or drastically changed). I think they are hurting AvA. I don't want to steal something from the PVE people, so maybe there can be some way to address their concern. I don't know.
Edited by Blud on December 28, 2014 12:13PM
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1: faction imbalance - it really speaks for itself. We all can see the population at various times and see who needs more help.

2: Buff servers - toxic wastelands that need to be removed. Remove all the buffs from PvE and remove 2 other campaigns. 1 30 day, 1 7 day, 1 non vet.

3: Need more to do in PvP land. It's the same old place with no new real pvp additions. Enhance the current map at a bare minimum by updating the way keeps are shaped and look. Redesign resources to play a much higher and pivotal role than just a place to farm pugs.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If a faction became locked after reaching the next tier in population it would help fix population imbalance, buff campaigns and even 'night capping'.

Eg. If EP reach 2 bars, no more EP can join until AD and DC reach 2 bars etc.

Only problem with this is those who want to play on a particular campaign with their friends will be stuck in a queue for the rest of their lives. :/ I guess there isn't really a perfect solution.

Also, if they lowered the number of campaigns to 2 or 3 it would mix it up a bit. The problem with 4 campaigns is that there is 1 campaign for fighting plus 1 buff campaign for each faction. If there was only 2 or 3 campaigns people would always be fighting over a buff campaign which technically means it wouldn't be a buff campaign.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on December 28, 2014 12:13PM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a faction became locked after reaching the next tier in population it would help fix population imbalance, buff campaigns and even 'night capping'.

Eg. If EP reach 2 bars, no more EP can join until AD and DC reach 2 bars etc.

Only problem with this is those who want to play on a particular campaign with their friends will be stuck in a queue for the rest of their lives. :/ I guess there isn't really a perfect solution.

True.

If people get locked out who want to pvp with their friends, it could be a lot cooler if there were pvp arenas.
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fix purge, nerf asgari, buff me and subtomik(templar).

Suru
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1) Fix latency issues

2) Fix purge

3) Roadmap out a plan for new PVP content with an open forum for suggestions. There is a whole, huge chunk of Cyro underused. Make it valuable and useful in a PVP context.

Imperial City is nice guys, but its PVE. It also does not change the overall gameplay compared to what you could do with a town/settlement control system.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Suru wrote: »
    Fix purge, nerf asgari, buff me and subtomik(templar).

For the sake of this thread and keeping it on track ... Sub could really use a buff. The first two though you must be cray cray ... Baby boy can't be nerfed!
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    impulse, bats warm, healing spring lagsploiting. Lag in general. Too focused on taking keeps - need other objectives.
  • Arowe_eso
    Arowe_eso
    ✭✭
    All i want is a fixed purge, less healing debuffs, and a tactical reason to fight in all the awesome open fields/cliffs/hills/forrests/caves.

And every NB skill should have a hard CC tied to it :p
    V14 Nightblade DC
    V14 Sorc DC
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Top three issues:

1. Lag
    2. Lagg
    3. Laggg

Three suggestions: