The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fix Breton Heavy Armor Kneecaps

blackweb
blackweb
✭✭✭✭
You did a great job on the Breton heavy armor elbow pads Zenimax devs. Now the kneepads need some love. They do look kinda silly.
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else agree or disagree?
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the heavy armor chest pieces have those weird 'saddle bag' hip flaps that just look terrible. They seem to just float off the side of the toon's hips.
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    we need a real knight helmet, isted of this ugly one we have!!!
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    All the heavy armor chest pieces have those weird 'saddle bag' hip flaps that just look terrible. They seem to just float off the side of the toon's hips.

They're called tassets and I agree. I find they look the least horrible on Dunmer and Altmer armor and, in general, float farther away with female characters than with male ones. That last bit might be related to my female characters not sporting j-lo hips.
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rodario wrote: »
    They're called tassets and I agree. I find they look the least horrible on Dunmer and Altmer armor and, in general, float farther away with female characters than with male ones. That last bit might be related to my female characters not sporting j-lo hips.

J-lo hips, freaking awesome. :)

But you do make a good point about female characters. I need to post a screenie of my breton female templar in breton heavy armor.

• Rodario
    Rodario
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackweb wrote: »
    Rodario wrote: »

J-lo hips, freaking awesome. :)

But you do make a good point about female characters. I need to post a screenie of my breton female templar in breton heavy armor.

I submit for your consideration, two images of Victoria.

In the first, she's wearing Imperial armor, the tassets of which are practically equal to Breton ones in both size and float distance:

Imperial-Dwarven-Female-42-Fine-Front.jpg

Here's how Altmer style looks on her:

Altmer-Ebon-Female-50-Epic-Front.jpg
    Note: these images were taken before armor dyes came out

As you can see, the Altmer ones don't float quite as far away.

Imperial on a male (not mine):

Imperial-Dwarven-Male-36-Fine-Close-Front.png

Looks way better, doesn't it? Males also stand differently than females (legs spread), this contributes to the tassets looking better on them.

And, last but not least, here's a wide-hipped female wearing Imperial (Also not mine):

eso-imperial-orichalc-heavy-armor-set-level-26-4.jpg

To me, this means tassets do not adjust to hip-width, but were designed around the widest possible setting and thus float farther away the narrower the hips get.

I would actually prefer the Imperial style, but the floating tassets and the boob-piercing pauldron-medal-thingies have made me settle for the Altmer style.

Tassets, knee pads and elbow pads (Also, weapons and shields) floating in thin air is basically the same issue. One that has been reported and discussed many times since release without any official answers/comments, so I really doubt they will adjust the models anytime soon. It may not even be possible in this game.
    Edited by Rodario on December 28, 2014 9:30AM
    Victoria Lux - Templar Tank
    {EU/DC}