The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Okay so explain this...(shadow image)

deepseamk20b14_ESO
deepseamk20b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Shadow image teleports you to your shade. Shade can be 26 meters away. Why does that teleport not break line of sight? Example: several times in the last few days I have a shade up. A person charges me from their skills max range. I teleport before they even reach me but someone the charge tracks all the way through my teleport and I am hit by the attack in my new location that I teleported to. It's bad enough cloak doesn't break line of sight with attacks like invasion or critical charge, but really ZoS? I teleported to a completely different spot over 20M away. The dude didn't simply turn around and did the skill again, it was the same attack, the enemy character literally pulled a need for speed drifting turn and did a 180 towards me as he continued to track towards me.....that's ludicrous.
Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • keni_harringtonb16_ESO
    i say welcome to the world of nightblades 2 of the potentially best abilities in the class for sustain and escapeability and they both get screw'd by some sort of tracking and pathing issues but when it works it works well shame that you have to rely on luck maybe some day 2016 it will get sorted ;p
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    i say welcome to the world of nightblades 2 of the potentially best abilities in the class for sustain and escapeability and they both get screw'd by some sort of tracking and pathing issues but when it works it works well shame that you have to rely on luck maybe some day 2016 it will get sorted ;p

Yep, that pretty much sums it up.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game mechanics.

Despite the fact that charge has an animation and a visual delay before it hits you, the effect of the charge is resolved instantly. The moment the server says "ok, you can successfully charge the target right now" and the player hits the button, the charge happens. It doesnt matter what happens between the time player 1 charges and player 2 teleports/cloaks, the charge is already resolved to play out and it cannot be stopped.

This is part of the reason that cloak doesnt work, as well. The server resolves a hit or miss decision whenever a projectile ability is used (like a fireball or an arrow being shot). That resolution occurs immediately when the ability is activated, regardless of the fact that the projectile has a travel time. Because of this, activating cloak before the projectile hits you makes no difference because as far as the server is concerned the projectile successfully landed as soon as the button was pressed. The delay between effect resolution and animation resolution is what causes cloak to be dropped by so many projectile attacks, and latency delays only make the situation that much worse.

PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • keni_harringtonb16_ESO
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Game mechanics.

Despite the fact that charge has an animation and a visual delay before it hits you, the effect of the charge is resolved instantly. The moment the server says "ok, you can successfully charge the target right now" and the player hits the button, the charge happens. It doesnt matter what happens between the time player 1 charges and player 2 teleports/cloaks, the charge is already resolved to play out and it cannot be stopped.

This is part of the reason that cloak doesnt work, as well. The server resolves a hit or miss decision whenever a projectile ability is used (like a fireball or an arrow being shot). That resolution occurs immediately when the ability is activated, regardless of the fact that the projectile has a travel time.

i dont know if you have played a nightblade near the start of launch but there you use to be able to use cloak to cancel their invasion and their snipes and their fragments this whole problem with the way it is now is down to that patch since they made so all projectiles would drop you out of stealth and ofc there has ALWAYS been problems with stealth
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game mechanics.

This is part of the reason that cloak doesnt work, as well. The server resolves a hit or miss decision whenever a projectile ability is used (like a fireball or an arrow being shot). That resolution occurs immediately when the ability is activated, regardless of the fact that the projectile has a travel time. Because of this, activating cloak before the projectile hits you makes no difference because as far as the server is concerned the projectile successfully landed as soon as the button was pressed. The delay between effect resolution and animation resolution is what causes cloak to be dropped by so many projectile attacks, and latency delays only make the situation that much worse.

With the exception of some sorc skills and crushing shock activating cloak before I am hit usually results in a miss or dodge. I think perhaps it's just intended for these charging skills to be a "fire and forget" type unstoppable attack. I just wish it was not that way lol.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont know if you have played a nightblade near the start of launch but there you use to be able to use cloak to cancel their invasion and their snipes and their fragments this whole problem with the way it is now is down to that patch since they made so all projectiles would drop you out of stealth and ofc there has ALWAYS been problems with stealth

Been a nightblade main since early access. I know how it used to work.

Chances are that, by trying to fix other problems, they've changed the order that different effects resolve in, and that has inadvertently caused issues for cloak/teleport. I do remember cloak being much more useful back at launch, nowdays I dont even bother slotting it on my bar because 9/10 times I use it, I get instantly de-cloaked and gain nothing from it.

PS4 / NA
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative

Been a nightblade main since early access. I know how it used to work.

Chances are that, by trying to fix other problems, they've changed the order that different effects resolve in, and that has inadvertently caused issues for cloak/teleport. I do remember cloak being much more useful back at launch, nowdays I dont even bother slotting it on my bar because 9/10 times I use it, I get instantly de-cloaked and gain nothing from it.

Yeah, the way cloak and shades are set up is pretty detrimental to their use.

Is there any (easy) fix to circumvent this? Move cloak/teleport higher up in the order of effect resolution?

Even giving a hidden "effect" that makes you immune to any attacks cast before the cloak/shade? (Someone charges at you, you cloak. You take no damage from that previously casted charge, so you don't get broken from stealth. This would potentially fix being pulled out of cloak in this way while still allowing damage caused after the cloak cast. Although charges would still be funny...)
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really what they should do is make cloak 'phase out' the character so that they're immune to any effects and damage for it's whole 2~ second duration. Not like a 2 second immunity is going to be game-breaking.
    PS4 / NA
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As of today, I am no longer using Shadow cloak. Its constant breaking has stretched my patience to its limit.

ZOS, when you guys put the CS out, PLEASE have a fix for shadow cloak.