The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Done With Enchanting Writs

Ashtaris
Ashtaris
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
As with most writs I've tried so far, I think I'm done wasting my time and resources doing them again. For example, the Enchanting writs. As a master level enchanter it has me create a Monumental Glyph of Health, Magicka, or Stamina. That requires a Kura runestone, and those are just not that easy to come by. Poteny runestones that contain Kura's are difficult to come across and you don't extract them from glyphs that often. In the guild stores, they usually go for 500 - 600 gold each, so that takes care of the measley 600 gold you get for turning in the writ. About the only time it's worthwhile is when you get that 1 in 10 survey map, if you are that lucky. I realize that the writs are mainly for new players who may want the inspiration points, but it would be nice to have something worthwhile for us master craftsmen as well.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You only need Ta to craft the glyphs.

If you're a master level enchanter, you should have plenty of Kura and Kude. And EVEN if you don't, the gold reward for completing the enchant writs will offset most of the cost.

It's not that hard.
    Edited by Qyrk on December 14, 2014 2:25AM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure where you are getting the Kura's, but I sure don't find them that often. About the only time I get them is from a hireling, and the occassional lucky potency runestone. As for the reward, bleh :P
    Edited by Ashtaris on December 14, 2014 3:24PM
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »

If you're a master level enchanter, you should have plenty of Kura and Kude. And EVEN if you don't, the gold reward for completing the enchant writs will offset most of the cost.

It's not that hard.

No, you need KUTA to craft Monumental Glyphs.
    OP has confused Kura with Kuta, Kuta is fairly rare, and I wouldn't use them on a writ.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on December 14, 2014 3:38PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not that hard.

OP has confused Kura with Kuta, Kuta is fairly rare, and I wouldn't use them on a writ.
    Alex, do you do enchanting at all? Serious question. You have some strange misconceptions about this profession.

Monumental glyphs are simply the highest level glyphs (VR10+). They can be of any quality from white to gold, but the Potency rune needs to be Kura or Kude.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's not that hard.

As the previous poster stated, it is you sir who maybe confused. The Potency runes determine the Level and base type of glyph you create. i.e. Level 1-10, VR1 - VR3, etc. And whether or not it's Weapon, Armor, Jewelry, etc. The Aspect rune (Ta, Jejota, Denata, Rekuta, Kuta) determines the relative strength you are giving the enchantment. For example, 10 Magicka recovery, 11 Magicka recovery, etc.

I wish it were otherwise, but for some reason, getting the Kura's seem almost as difficult as acquiring the coveted Kuta's.
    Edited by Ashtaris on December 14, 2014 4:04PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On my first enchanting writ I mistakenly used a KUTA instead of Ta, and it did not meet writ requirements. Others have done the same. I've picked up a good supply of Kuda and Kuta, but still agree with OP that writ reward does not offset the cost. However, ZOS has said they are planning some changes to writs directed to high level crafters. As to when we will see them..............?????
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not that hard.

No you don't. I've been crafting monumental glyphs using Ta just fine for enchanting writs. Again, you don't need Kuta at all! I used to think the same and wasted 6 Kuta in the beginning until I realise you do not need it, but rather using Ta is sufficient. I will post pic later to prove this for enchant writs.

EDIT:
    For @AlexDougherty
    j9PcJWs.jpg
    Edited by Qyrk on December 15, 2014 7:25AM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still confused why it makes me use my bloody Kuras only to give me back a vr1-3 green one everytime. I should be getting vr10+
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm still confused why it makes me use my bloody Kuras only to give me back a vr1-3 green one everytime. I should be getting vr10+

They really haven't thought out the "rewards" properly.

It just isn't logical that your client "needs" a glyph... and pays you back with one. Not only that but it's usually green, when you've made them white. I know that they are encouraging people to progress by giving XP and items to deconstruct, but they asked for Monumental so they know I'm a Master enchanter. That vr1-3 glyph is useless to me.

Still, it's better than provisioning when they reward you with the recipe they just asked you to make for them!

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They really haven't thought out the "rewards" properly.

It just isn't logical that your client "needs" a glyph... and pays you back with one. Not only that but it's usually green, when you've made them white. I know that they are encouraging people to progress by giving XP and items to deconstruct, but they asked for Monumental so they know I'm a Master enchanter. That vr1-3 glyph is useless to me.

Still, it's better than provisioning when they reward you with the recipe they just asked you to make for them!

I agree. I like the writs, and they're a good addition to the game, but from a purely mechanical and logical standpoint they make almost zero sense. I hope development take a little time to look over this. Once they get the who, what, when, where and most importantly why of the missions and writs clearly in their head, then the rewards should hopefully be simple for them to tailor appropriately.
    If you can be anything, be kind.