Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Cloak finally working again? (vanishing players)

olsborg
olsborg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Seeing lots of nightblades suddenly vanishing into the void, like instantly, is it finally working as intended again?

PC EU
PvP only
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are still many problems with cloak that need to be addressed. I wouldn't say it's working as intended yet.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
    Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanishing into the void? Are you sure they aren't just crashing like everyone else? :trollface:

On a more serious note, cloak still has numerous outstanding issues, e.g. Poison Injection DoT ticks break it every single time.
    Options
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could also be getting needed kills, then switching to their guest place, then back to the main one at times I do that from time to time.
    Edited by RedTalon on December 23, 2014 3:41AM
    Options
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potions of invisibility.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
    Options
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Seeing lots of nightblades suddenly vanishing into the void, like instantly, is it finally working as intended again?

Not.Even.Close.

Our own DoT and potion effects still break cloak... It's been like that since before this time last year.
    Edited by Lionxoft on December 23, 2014 6:02AM
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's not working to it's full capability.

Had it break several times for me today
    Edited by Cody on December 23, 2014 6:14AM
    Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably potions of invisibility. I use them and they grant me instant escape. Works different then cloak. With cloak you see the spell animation and some red cloud. The potion of invis, you see nothing. It's just.... <gone> And they (I) have about 3.something seconds to hide. Works though :)
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • pmn100b16_ESO
    pmn100b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not working well at all .
    Options
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    Probably potions of invisibility. I use them and they grant me instant escape. Works different then cloak. With cloak you see the spell animation and some red cloud. The potion of invis, you see nothing. It's just.... <gone> And they (I) have about 3.something seconds to hide. Works though :)

If there are enough enemies around, however, even invisibility pots will not work. Too many times I've popped an invis pot only to be revealed less than a second later.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
    Options
  • Suntzu1414
    still not working as intended.

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
    Options
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consistently doesn't work for me :neutral_face:
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It works sometimes, works enough for me to run RML exclusively, ill never take it off my bar...i had someone do that vanishing, reappear, attack, vanish nonsense..since I started running RML don't happen no more, when they use cloak or invis potion, I can still see them. Being able to see an otherwise invisible opponent is too valuable to give up in a game where stealth is so important.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Poxheart wrote: »
    Knootewoot wrote: »

If there are enough enemies around, however, even invisibility pots will not work. Too many times I've popped an invis pot only to be revealed less than a second later.

Odd. They never failed me and i even vanish while surrounded. Maybe a DOT breaks it. I will have to try this.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
    Options
  • Darthryan
    Darthryan
    ✭✭✭
    Hahahahahahahahaha if zos would/could fix this one thing, then I would actually recommend this game to people. As is, I say wait.

It still doesn't work at all most times. I love spamming it and being chased all over the map by mobs. In pvp I use potions now cause u know.... they actually *** work as intended.
    Options
  • Meilinka
    Meilinka
    ✭✭✭
    I wish it was working. When I shout 'ninja vanish' and I don't disappear properly...part of me dies a little. Lol!
    But I've been having issues with it as well, it can get pretty frustrating.
    Mei
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Works about as well as a ps1 Tenchu smoke Bomb
    Options