Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live's Next Episode: 12/19"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "ESO Live's Next Episode: 12/19."

Take a look at the rundown for our upcoming episode, which includes a preview of the Champion System!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This looks like another awesome show.

Please devote as much time as possible to the Gameplay and Champion System segment. The more info you provide and the more questions you answer, the happier and more informed us players will be.
    Edited by LonePirate on December 18, 2014 7:53PM
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soo.. is Jason Jessica this week?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have a very good feeling about the Champion System.
    Please devote as much time as possible to its discussion. It also wont hurt to talk about some PvP topics as well.
  • dvogiatziseb17_ESO
    I think the Champion System is the greatest thing happening in the game along with the Justice System.

I think the game is in a good track. I wish all these were in when the game was launched so it wouldn't bleed subscriptions.

Also I have to note that Undaunted Dailies is another great feature in the game because all players every day participate in something that makes the game feel alive on contrast to what was happening before and everybody was scattered everywhere...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Who is hosting this one?

2) Has it been decided if there will be one on Jan 2?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Regarding the Champion Points that are currently being gained before 1.6 is released.
    - Is there a cap (limit) to how many champion points can be gained before the release of the Champion System?
    - If so, did that cap increase when update 6 got pushed back to january-february?
    - Are the Champion Points purely based on the amount of XP received?
    - If so, how do you differentiate players doing real content (quests, PVP, dungeons, trials) and the ones grinding? (repeatedly repeating the same instance of portions of an instance to get XP as quickly and efficiently as possible)
    - How will you prevent Champion Point grind?

Side question: Why are there no children NPCs in the game?
    skyrim_beast_babies_by_galoogamelady-d4qlsai.png
    Edited by Gyudan on December 19, 2014 4:25AM
    Wololo.
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I for one really like these shows. The way ESO's creators include and otherwise interact with the players is like nothing I've seen and is part of what makes ESO so refreshingly different. Cheers!

Is it possible we will ever see a way to re-customize characters? That is, their appearances?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    LonePirate wrote: »

Please devote as much time as possible to the Gameplay and Champion System segment. The more info you provide and the more questions you answer, the happier and more informed us players will be.
    We'll be spending a pretty significant amount of time on gameplay changes and the Champion System!

Jason and I will be hosting tomorrow, and we will not be having a show on January 2nd. The next one (after tomorrow) will be January 16th.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • rophez_ESO
    rophez_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jason and I will be hosting tomorrow, and we will not be having a show on January 2nd. The next one (after tomorrow) will be January 16th.

Holy cow - January 16th? What, you guys think you're in college or something!? ;)
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We'll be spending a pretty significant amount of time on gameplay changes and the Champion System!

@ZoS_GinaBruno Hey, Gina.. You need to pin this thread to the top...
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Gina.

Sounds like this will be an excellent show, so hopefully I can catch it live.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's great that you guys do these shows, but why do we have to wait so long for a recording of it?

As a dad with 3 kids it is basically impossible to watch anything straight through without it being split into 15 minute segments (that goes for my game time too). Is there some deal you got going with Twitch or something?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We'll have yesterday's show up on YouTube next week, but in the meantime you can view it on Twitch here: http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/3621763
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    We'll have yesterday's show up on YouTube next week, but in the meantime you can view it on Twitch here: http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/3621763

Why does it take so long for you to post the video? There is no reason you couldn't have the video posted within a few hours. You don't need to edit anything as what you post should be the same that those who watched it live saw.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why does it take so long for you to post the video? There is no reason you couldn't have the video posted within a few hours. You don't need to edit anything as what you post should be the same that those who watched it live saw.

Late on a Friday evening, the person who does the video upload to Youtube probably wants to go home.

• nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    LOL. Probably.
  • nightwalkerrobin_ESO
    Wow, just found the recording is still available on Twitch. I stand corrected.
  • Buck
    Buck
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, just found the recording is still available on Twitch. I stand corrected.

I don't know why but Twitch has the worst buffering I have ever seen, it's just ridiculous. Is this ever going to be uploaded to youtube?