The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Small question on jewellery improvement

Nihili
Nihili
✭✭✭
If I have a green quality ring, how do I get it to blue or purple? I had always thought the quality of the jewellery was decided by it's enchantment, and so the other day when I threw a purple enchant on my green ring I was surprised when the ring remained a green. Thanks in advance :)
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't ATM
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Nihili
    Nihili
    ✭✭✭
    Haha okay damn I didn't know it was impossible, thanks for replying though! :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihili wrote: »
    I had always thought the quality of the jewellery was decided by it's enchantment, and so the other day when I threw a purple enchant on my green ring I was surprised when the ring remained a green. Thanks in advance :)

I used to think that too. Also, just so you know, you get no improvement out of the enchantment by applying it to a purple ring as opposed to a green or blue ring. The enchantment value is the same no matter what.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tMnTLyx.png

There are 3 different parts in a ring/necklace's stats:
    - the enchantment (reduce spell cost here) that can be changed by applying a glyph of the proper level
    - the trait (arcane here): arcane for magicka, healthy for health, robust for stamina, with the same value for each attribute, even health and can't be changed
    - the set bonus (healer's habit here): rings and necklaces each count as 1 part, just like armor pieces

The color of the ring is set and cannot be changed. It will affect the trait and the set bonus, but not the enchantment.
    Wololo.
  • daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭
    So if you take the ring of the healer, and re-enchanted it with a gold glyph of magicka you would get the full benefits of the gold glyph? And the set values would be gone? Just asking since I haven't done this since beta.
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |