The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

lvl 5 harborage quest

adarkartist
adarkartist
✭✭
Any way to skip though the first part of the main quest? Having him explain the amulet of kings and the companions every time I make an alt, gets really tiring
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not yet, but I think it's been suggested quite a lot. It shouldn't pose any problems to do because nothing happens in it.
    (Also I thought this quest was Level 3? When did they bump it up to 5?)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Skullemainia
    Skullemainia
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Not yet, but I think it's been suggested quite a lot. It shouldn't pose any problems to do because nothing happens in it.

they didn't bump it up, it scales to your lvl now
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

they didn't bump it up, it scales to your lvl now
    What I meant was, at what level is it first available? Can you even do it at lvl 3 any more, or does it not even trigger until 5?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why not also not reward 1 skill point for using little bit of your time.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    Interesting point that; do you still get the skill point from Soul Shriven in Coldharbour if you skip the Wailing Prison?
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting point that; do you still get the skill point from Soul Shriven in Coldharbour if you skip the Wailing Prison?

Afaik you do but that would be from the levels as you start as lvl 3 once you skip it.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Afaik you do but that would be from the levels as you start as lvl 3 once you skip it.
    And you also get the skyshard from the prison.

I think that the 2nd part of the main quest only triggers at lvl5. At least that's how it was back in July when my 8th character reached that point.
    Wololo.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This speaks to a far larger issue that needs be addressed.

The game remains in new release mode with all the assumptions that go with that. I presume this is what version 6 aims to address.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could skip the whole main quest. Anyone else dislikes the Five Companions? Abnur is the only one who doesn't annoy me, but if I have to go through Lyris' sappy backstory again, I will stab my eyes out.