The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official discussion thread for "Introducing Undaunted Pledges"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Introducing Undaunted Pledges." Every dungeon-delver will want to check out this detailed guide to pledges.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    My biggest complaint with this new undaunted stuff is that the shoulders are only 1 arm, which I find just looks weird in many cases and makes the set look less epic.

Otherwise the pledges have been a fun way to reexperiance the non-vet dungeons that I maybe only got to play once or twice when in their level range.

Hope in the future that some new pledge challenges are added that aren't just the achieve pledges.
    Edited by Anvos on December 11, 2014 3:38PM
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    mine is that I got engine helmet like 3 days after update 5 released and until now i havent got the shoulders.And I have done the vet pledge averyday since update 5 released.Very dissapointing.I jus log in to run the veteran and after i got nothing i dont feel like keep playing and just log out.Im starting to like if it were a badge system.
  • Lupinemw
    Lupinemw
    ✭✭✭
    Considering what you're asked to do often the drops are rubbish. It's not like I'm after super kit at all, but after a 10 minute fight with a Boss I do hope to get something better than what I can loot from a chest.
    Elysium
    EU Casual Mature Daggerfall Covenant Guild

Would you like to know more?! Check us out below
    elysium-eso.guildlaunch.com
  • Deltia
    Deltia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, I do have a guide on this showing all the gold key achievements, helms, and procs.

http://deltiasgaming.com/2014/11/17/eso-undaunted-gear-guide/
    In-game @deltiasgaming | deltiasgaming.com for Elder Scrolls Online [ESO / TESO] Guides
    "It's a good day to be alive"
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alright what the hell is this? this is content about a month old now. hardly worth a "introducing" thing...

this and the last thing are both "introducing" content that has been in game for weeks now.

you want to "introduce" something, "introduce" some of the stuff you have NOT added in the live game yet..

We are quite familiar with the rest..
    Edited by Hypertionb14_ESO on December 11, 2014 8:12PM
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Skullemainia
    Skullemainia
    ✭✭✭
    I think ZOS needs to make these introductions to all new systems that come in the game, that would be very interesting and good for if you have problems with the system.

one thing guys the undaunted pledges are already a month in the game!! please make these things at least at launch of it or even before. then it would be great.
  • Skullemainia
    Skullemainia
    ✭✭✭
    alright what the hell is this? this is content about a month old now. hardly worth a "introducing" thing...

this and the last thing are both "introducing" content that has been in game for weeks now.

you want to "introduce" something, "introduce" some of the stuff you have NOT added in the live game yet..

We are quite familiar with the rest..

I say, make now an introduction about champion system and crime system!!! I would really want to see more of that ;)
  • Layenem
    Layenem
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see anything in there about the horrid shoulder drop rate. 38 gold keys now, I don't run alts so just one character, and I STILL don't have the one I want?

When will this be a serious issue? When will people stop saying "cry more noob" and "aw he can't have it right away..." I don't want it right away, I just want to be able to see a goal and see myself slowly working towards it. As is, there is no "slowly working towards it" there is a 2% chance that ANY shoulder will drop and roughly 168 different combinations (heavy, light, med + trait type + 7 shoulders)... and the one I want (at this point the armor type and trait are irrelevant to me, which is fine I guess) is a total luck factor. Not a farm factor, just a luck factor.

I'll be back when I'm at 60 days and still haven't received it. Helms are on a great rate BECAUSE you can literally farm them. The rate can even be tuned down, that's half the fun. But 1 time a day at a 2% drop with a 1/144th chance of that 2% being the shoulder that I want then it's a flawed system.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far 55 gold keys + chest opened and nothing I can actually use. That's mildly frustrating and the main negative feedback I have. But than again that's rng for you, it will always suck (in every mmorgs out there) for some players.

I'm even doing them on up to 3 different characters some days, for a higher chance of getting any of the sets I want. Not helping lol. Instead I get even more rubbish of the undaunted unweaver.

Guess the fundamental issue is all the different armor- and set types, combined with the low drop rate. It's a miracle that people manages to get a full set of anything they can use. The same can be said for all the sets dropping in VR dungeons, the drop rate is to frickin' low.

I do love the idea of daily dungeon quests. Really happy ZoS added this feature. Just wish it was more meaningful after reaching level 9 Undaunted. How about adding some token or currency reward that allows you to save up for one armor piece of choice? That would also make the normal pledge for silver, worthwhile doing, after you reach cap.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When this first came out was excited about this so I went and use the lfg tool to start doing some dungeons. Could never get a group so I what like never mind. Have not went back and try it since because now I am not interested in it anymore. Really sad :\
  • snowsong
    snowsong
    ✭✭✭
    Haha i have gotten a kick out of this whole Undaunted aspect of the game since the first time Turuk Redclaws called me a 'Milksop'! LOL I luv that more Undaunted adventures are added to the game! However, it just sounds like players want better rewards for meeting the challenges, which is a reasonable request that could be adjusted for. It would also be fun if Non-Veteran Undaunted Pledges could start at Level 40 instead of having to wait all the way to 45 when we are almost Veterans. :D That could make easier to get groups together for the Non-Veterans still in their 40's level range :D What do you think? (*)
    STORM-CATS =^..^=GUILD
    http://storm-cats.weebly.com/
    [Snowsong is using ROG G752VS on NA server.]
  • daswahnsinn
    daswahnsinn
    ✭✭✭
    Well, when it first hit and became in-game I was excited. However, the more I do them, which isn't often anymore, I get the worst loot. I mean the loot is bad in general but I don't get any drops, outside of soul gems, that I can use or want. I don't wear light armor and the one time I get one of those rare two piece sets it was light armor. Also the undaunted gear isn't the best, it could use some love, doesn't have to be OP but some for the traits don't really work with the set bonuses.
    | | daswahnsinn | Vet 16 Nord Dragon Knight | Bow/Dual Wield/Two-Handed Sword| DPS | | Warrior of the EbonHeart Pact | |