The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread For "Battlemaster’s Corner – The Bastion of Night"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Battlemaster’s Corner – The Bastion of Night."

Want to see your build featured in an upcoming issue? Be sure to send it to community@elderscrollsonline.com so we can check it out!
Edited by ZOS_JasonLeavey on December 8, 2014 5:55PM
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess it looks nice enough and should work for solo and easy group content. I wouldn't expect miracles in trials though.

Inner Beast for secondary taunt would be better than double ransack.
    Health regeneration isn't really the most important stat to improve for a tank.
    Wololo.
  • pikapp515_ESO
    pikapp515_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For the rest of us: I love the idea of a life siphoning, heavy armor wearing tank. Dragonknight just hasn't appealed to me a lot but this does... it actually makes me want to tank! Thanks for the build idea and all the work you put into presenting it. I'm sure it's not perfect for everything, but looks loads of fun for a lot of PvE content.

[Moderator Note: Removed response to moderated post]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on December 9, 2014 4:31PM
  • Valiantknightjg
    Valiantknightjg
    Soul Shriven
    wanted to point out a slight error on the skills for the second bar. Puncture (Ransack) doesn't reduce Spell Resistance, that's the other morph Pierce Armor. Since he talks about stealing some armor when you use it on the first bar in tank mode I assume he meant to have Ransack, so he just forgot that it's not taking down Spell Resist. Also I wish my build was here, I posted one a few weeks ago for my Nightblade tank, named the Dark Knight, I posted it just before 1.5 hit so I've tweaked it some but the build still holds true.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always interested in seeing innovative builds, but I believe that Battlemaster's Corner should showcase builds that have proven themselves battle worthy in endgame content. Players' are striving to create builds that are successful in endgame while they are leveling. The build presented here seems fine, but, before I use many of the ideas presented here, I would like to know if it has successfully mastered either DSA or Trials? :smile:
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    It is important to note that Puncture shouldnt be on the 2nd bar at all considering he is using dual wield there. However, the attached video clears it up. His bar 2 slot 4 is the beloved Blood Craze - low cost instant high dmg with life steal DoT.

Regarding the Ransack vs Pierce Armor above: PA is the obvious choice for this build given his gear will over-cap his armor easily, so the Armor buff of Ransack is useless. Like most tanks, he probably started with Ransack and later respeced to PA, thus the confusion.
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server
  • stimpy986b14_ESO
    stimpy986b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    wanted to point out a slight error on the skills for the second bar. Puncture (Ransack) doesn't reduce Spell Resistance, that's the other morph Pierce Armor. Since he talks about stealing some armor when you use it on the first bar in tank mode I assume he meant to have Ransack, so he just forgot that it's not taking down Spell Resist. Also I wish my build was here, I posted one a few weeks ago for my Nightblade tank, named the Dark Knight, I posted it just before 1.5 hit so I've tweaked it some but the build still holds true.

Also the equipment listed for this bar is a sword and dagger so he couldn't even use puncture on this bar
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Battlemaster’s Corner – The Bastion of Night."

Want to see your build featured in an upcoming issue? Be sure to send it to community@elderscrollsonline.com so we can check it out!

---
    Works farly okay on trash mobs or mobs below lvl.
    But its a joke then it comes to pvp, and for endgame gruoping.

As anything els with the NB that is not a staff NB or a standart NB build.
    "Wellcome to ESO the game where you can become what ever you like(BS), but not as funktionel as you like(HEHE WE GOT YOUR MONEY FOOOOOOOOOOLLL :))
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • Sord
    Sord
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a fun and different build and I like seeing the video helps pull it all together and see it in action. Ignore all the haters as long as someone enjoys the build, maybe he isn't going for absolute end game content. For those that want to see builds for end game content go read some of the build at Tameriel Foundry.
    www.fateslegacy.com Share your build or find a build here at Fate's Legacy!
    -This is your life and its ending one moment at a time-
  • Suntzu1414
    Though this build is interesting. It doesn't drive any new ideas.
    And in fact, provides "conflicting" information.

Hist Bark provides dodge chance.
    Blur (and its morphs) provide miss chance.

They do not stack. Evade, which is MA skill i believe does stack (with HB), but is bugged. And doesn't work properly...

Additionally, this build provides other "conflicts" that follow up users have identified...Tank Builds typically should be stam based, outlining Sap Essence...as a key skill...convolutes this thinking (since its Magica based).

But, i can understand the reasoning (authors). Sap + VoB is SO KEY to NB end game, and essential if you are going to tank/dps. That any build, that doesn't cornerstone Sap+VoB isn't endgame viable. This pretty much eliminates most Stam NB builds (except gank builds).

Hopefully, Update 6 will allow use STAM for Sap. This would open to door for greater flexibility in NB development. But...with out a dedicated NB heal. All of the new FLEXIBILITY will be lost, eventually defaulting NB back to dps/gank builds.

NB needs a class specific HEAL, to make other builds viable.

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this build doing with update 6 and CPs? I started a NB with this build in mind before update 6 and was getting ready to start leveling her. She is at 19 right now. All heavy armor, s/b and bow. Also a WW for stamina.

Where is the best place to start putting CPs for this type of NB build? I always run solo so I need to be able to survive solo. I have a templar I started at the same time using a 2h sword and she just feel so much more powerful than the s/b. Maybe it's because I haven't messed with my NB much since the update. :/

Any input is much appreciated. :)