The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Daedric Lord Slayer Question

Chesimac
Chesimac
✭✭✭✭
Hey all
Recently, wanting a break from pledges and pvp, I wanted to farm the daedric lord slayer to add to my collection of titles. Over the last 2 days, I have soloed 22 dolmens as an ep player in vr zones (grahtwood and stormhaven) hoping to find one of the bosses I need, the ogrim brothers or dremora pirate (who according to http://tamrieljournal.com/eso-general-executioner-daedric-red-dye-guide/ spawn in those zones) However, I have not found a boss at any dolmen and have cycled through them all at least twice. I also keep the pinions open until they are all open. I understand and accept that this achievement will take a while to get, but is there any helpful tips anyone has to killing any of the general executioner bosses?
Thanks
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VR and Craglorn zones = random world boss (any of the 16 world bosses can spawn) They have a 5% chance to spawn (1 in 20) The web you linked says 10-15% but when my guild mates and myself, the numbers we checked it was more like 5%

Since you are EP and you want the Ogrim Brothers, you should be hitting the 3 dolmens in Deshaan, so you have a 33% of the boss you want, but you will have to hit over 20 dolmens on average before getting a boss. (yes, that means clearing the same 3 dolmens over 7 times each)

When I was farming these boss, I just jumped around the 3 dolmens in the zone, and you should be able to clear all three before the first re-pops (10min timers) If a boss has spawned, there also appears to be a 1hr time before that same boss can re-pop again
    Edited by Natjur on December 3, 2014 12:20AM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you done a search? There are several threads on the topic, including where to find specific generals. Your best chance is to run pre-vet dolmens in your home alliance. Your odds are significantly improved. If you are not alone at these dolmens, the polite thing is to allow lower level players to do the heavy lifting, and just heal or step in when they need a hand. If you ignore them and blast through the dolmens, be prepared for complaints headed your way, probably deserved. I'm pretty sure pinion closing is irrelevant-at least I have seen nothing reliable that proves otherwise. I needed 6 or 7 generals when I started doing the pre-vet dolmens, and got them all within a few days of occasional play.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Chesimac
    Chesimac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks didn't know there was a better chance in your home alliance
    Edited by Chesimac on December 3, 2014 12:20AM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chesimac wrote: »
    Thanks didn't know there was a better chance in your home alliance

Do yourself a favor and search for the thread to which I referred. Each zone has specific generals that spawn. Knowing which ones you need and where they spawn will quickly get you the achievement. BTW, the color is one of the best Reds in the game.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • nenekotanb16_ESO
    nenekotanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You should consult this:
    http://tamrieljournal.com/eso-general-executioner-daedric-red-dye-guide/

It gives a nice overview where to find each general dependent on which alliance you are.