The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Checked another mmorg's forum.

Silver-Sabre
Silver-Sabre
✭✭✭
Let me start by saying that I get a ton of helpful information off this forum, and everyone has been very helpful and polite no matter how basic or "dumb" the question I've had.. That being said, sometimes I feel that we come here just for a B*%#* session ( as I did on the downloading of last patch:). So I was curious to see if another popular game that was recently released had as much complaining on their forum... The result: OMG!!! I do not feel bad at all about some of the problems we had .. If you get mad or discouraged about ESO go to another games forum .. It will have you running back with open arms..
  • schroed360
    schroed360
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree with that. I ve seen some forum that were really worst.
  • Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently checked FFXIV forums. It was hilarious. Much more crying happens there but I might have had a bad timing since there was so much crying about cash shop coming in even though it is p2p game. I think cash shop was anounced just now so the initial crying that happens during every new thing in all games might be going on there
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also play SWTOR and the Forum there is far more civilised. But then again they have a more proactive forum.
    They have had a major overhaul with the latest update, yet there is very little rage like on these forums.
    The Developer Tracker is amazing though http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php?page=2
    Forward information is great, this is there details for upcoming patch on the 2nd December

Scheduled Maintenance: December 2nd, 2014 | 12.01.2014, 01:31 PM
    Hey everyone!

Two things!

1. Patch notes will be posted later today! (Like before the patch, why can't ESO Do this??)

2. The patch is big. I know some people have concerns about the filesize of the 3.0 update, so I thought I would let you know that internally we are showing roughly 2.5 gigs for the update from 2.10.3a. This number will fluctuate depending on your client version and your region (ex: French and German assets are different sizes than English). (this is the introduction of 8 new story lines, changes to combat system, new FP and OPs, ESO 6 gigs for well erm nothing really!)

There is a lot ESO could learn from other MMO with regards to customer involvement and without doubt patching!
  • EQOAnostalgia
    EQOAnostalgia
    ✭✭
    Cash shop was added about a month ago. It's funny too because it's just vanity stuff like what WoW does and people are crying over nothing. I mean support your game development! Yes $15 is more than enough but i look at it like this, IF you have the extra cash and want something cool it's a win/win. And FFXIV has had some AMAZING patches thus far including a new class! Something usually reserved for expansions you have to buy. So they really do need to shut up lol.
  • Darthryan
    Darthryan
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to have to go back to swtor. I miss it. The storylines.were awesome! Best I've ever played. Its one of the only games where I just didn't click as fast as I could to get on with the quest. It was like watching a movie and then playing that movie.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wildstar forums were as bad as these... the day after release.

Game forums are the place where people with serious problems go to do their psychotherapy for free
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also play SWTOR and the Forum there is far more civilised. But then again they have a more proactive forum.
    They have had a major overhaul with the latest update, yet there is very little rage like on these forums.
    The Developer Tracker is amazing though http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php?page=2
    Forward information is great, this is there details for upcoming patch on the 2nd December

Hey everyone!

Two things!

1. Patch notes will be posted later today! (Like before the patch, why can't ESO Do this??)

2. The patch is big. I know some people have concerns about the filesize of the 3.0 update, so I thought I would let you know that internally we are showing roughly 2.5 gigs for the update from 2.10.3a. This number will fluctuate depending on your client version and your region (ex: French and German assets are different sizes than English). (this is the introduction of 8 new story lines, changes to combat system, new FP and OPs, ESO 6 gigs for well erm nothing really!)

There is a lot ESO could learn from other MMO with regards to customer involvement and without doubt patching!

Not sure imitating a game that had some of the worst community (the first 4-5 months were just filled of people insulting BW and hoping for the game to die, remember the TORtanic?) and had to go F2P after 6-7 months is a good idea...
  • Mightylink
    Mightylink
    ✭✭✭
    Cash shop was added about a month ago. It's funny too because it's just vanity stuff like what WoW does and people are crying over nothing. I mean support your game development! Yes $15 is more than enough but i look at it like this, IF you have the extra cash and want something cool it's a win/win. And FFXIV has had some AMAZING patches thus far including a new class! Something usually reserved for expansions you have to buy. So they really do need to shut up lol.

except wow's cash shop isnt just vanity anymore, you can now pay for levels and xp boosts, its starting to become borderline p2w and thats unacceptable for a monthly subscription
    Mightylink - Nord Battlemage (Sorcerer)
  • MADshadowman
    MADshadowman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other people's mistakes should never be an excuse for your own mistakes. Just because it also happens somewhere else, doesn't make it okay.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    Game forums are the place where people with serious problems go to do their psychotherapy for free

Or simply exercise their psychopathy. :P
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone!

Two things!

Not sure imitating a game that had some of the worst community (the first 4-5 months were just filled of people insulting BW and hoping for the game to die, remember the TORtanic?) and had to go F2P after 6-7 months is a good idea...

Yes, but they learned from their mistakes and now has an excellent Forum, did you look at their Developer Tracker, can you honestly say that is not better than what we currently have here?
    Also F2P after 11 months was probably the best thing they ever did, as according to their internal figures this has doubled their monthly income from the game (no pay to win items either). Last November 2013 they had 500k+ Subs and 1.5 million F2P and according to EA figures there has been a 35% increase in revenue which would be a mixture of increased Subs and in game sales.

I'm more than happy to admit that SWTOR was a shambles at the start (I quit after September 2012 due to the issues) with poor UI, lack of End game content, and serious bugs in end game OPs, which was made worse by terrible customer service and lack of information on fixes. Erm does this sound familar?

I honestly love ESO, but it is currently it is in a worse state than SWTOR ever was, you only have to read the forum to know that. There are parts of this game that don't work at all (PVP 6 months of worsening performance, no real fix or any real communication!) Craglorn sort of End Game where many can't find a group to do the content. LFG tool, quite simply doesn't work at all for some. Combat bug, never been addressed or fixed since launch. Will the nightblade ever be fixed! Veteran Zones, hello is anyone there....silence....am I the only one in this whole zone! Patching, do they know how, 6 gig patch! SWTOR new expansion 2.5 gig. Truly don't get me started on Communication!
    ESO has major issues currently, anyone who says otherwise is burying their heads in the sand. ZOS needs to make some serious charm offensives and some really serious fixes.
    The future does look bright their are many wonderful things they wish to bring in, but if they keep up the poor implementation that they have done so far, I just don't know!
    Edited by Cherryblossom on December 3, 2014 2:17PM
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, TOR was ok, it wasn't a mess, maybe to people like you....

I played till they went F2P. The only reason there seem to be less ranting idiots on the forums is that most of the trolls/haters after 3-4 months switched game and so target of their own idiocy.

Oh, the dev tracker was there from the start, people just ignored it....
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grass =/= greener
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone remember the old Everquest forums in the late 90's early 2000's? I recall death threats to devs, people threatening to sue constantly and youtube-like trolling with horrible moderation.

Had a lot to do with people playing for months, even years, and having their corpse stuck in some terrible place, and loosing all their equipment.

We're so spoiled with ESO!
    Edited by reften on December 3, 2014 2:52PM
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oren74 wrote: »
    Anyone remember the old Everquest forums in the late 90's early 2000's? I recall death threats to devs, people threatening to sue constantly and youtube-like trolling with horrible moderation.

Had a lot to do with people playing for months, even years, and having their corpse stuck in some terrible place, and loosing all their equipment.

This is akin to say we are spoiled because these days we take for granted to get security seat belts in cars. It's called "evolution", Everquest was the pinnacle of its days and it's very unfair to compare its issues with ESO "today's goodness". ESO is not even the pinnacle for its own days, something Everquest achieved for years and years.
    Edited by Vahrokh on December 3, 2014 3:20PM
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

This is akin to say we are spoiled because these days we take for granted to get security seat belts in cars. It's called "evolution", Everquest was the pinnacle of its days and it's very unfair to compare its issues with ESO "today's goodness". ESO is not even the pinnacle for its own days, something Everquest achieved for years and years.

Didn't really take much to be 'the pinnacle' when there is no competition around, does it?

.. and honestly, EQ pinnacle... lol maybe if you had been talking about UO.. MAYBE
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Let me start by saying that I get a ton of helpful information off this forum, and everyone has been very helpful and polite no matter how basic or "dumb" the question I've had.. That being said, sometimes I feel that we come here just for a B*%#* session ( as I did on the downloading of last patch:). So I was curious to see if another popular game that was recently released had as much complaining on their forum... The result: OMG!!! I do not feel bad at all about some of the problems we had .. If you get mad or discouraged about ESO go to another games forum .. It will have you running back with open arms..

lol I have been saying this since day one. The ESO community is actually very mild and mature compared to most.
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alphashado wrote: »

lol I have been saying this since day one. The ESO community is actually very mild and mature compared to most.

Agree.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alphashado wrote: »

Yes, even SWTOR has people who are fanatically rude at times, the ESO forum is much nicer, even when we argue it stays polite (for a given value of polite of course).
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing compares to the AoC forum.
  • drschplatt
    drschplatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, any time something bad happens here in ESO, I just remind myself that it could be worse, we could be dealing with Turbine. I'm still slightly heartbroken over what they did to LOTRO. LOTRO was quite a time commitment and it's just been run over, set on fire, pissed on, run over again and set on fire.

So, be happy, at least they're trying to make end game content over here. LOTRO just threw their hands up and said, "Screw raids and end game! We have cosmetic outfits to design!"
    Foräois - Imperial Sorcerer of Ineptitude.
    Widoch - Nord Dragon Knight of Ignorance.
    Billy Bob - Dunmer Templar of Chicken and Noodles.
    Blades of Vengeance
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't really take much to be 'the pinnacle' when there is no competition around, does it?

.. and honestly, EQ pinnacle... lol maybe if you had been talking about UO.. MAYBE

There have been several MMOs around those days and they were just worse. Also, UO is the other pinnacle, we can have a mountain with two peaks B)
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

Comparing an advancement in life saving technology with advancement in leisure technology? c'mon.

I think if people appreciate the major advancements in the awesomeness of gaming, they'd appreciate what they have more.

I liken it more to people complaining about their experience going to see a Dallas Cowboy game because the monitors they see the replays on aren't big enough.

Seems silly doesn't it?

Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think if people appreciate the major advancements in the awesomeness of gaming, they'd appreciate what they have more.

You would think so, but as a rule it's not true. I have seen the advancements, I remember the Atari Console, and the original Nintendo and Sega console, I remember the graphicless RPG games, and the slow development into games we would recognise as games today.

Do I appreciate the games more, only when I stop to think about the old games, the rest of the time I'm hogging the graphics and gmes as much as any of the newer gamers. OK some of them are unappreciative little {censored}, but most actually appreciate that games are well made and just need to develop a sense of appreciation, which most do over a few years of playing.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • HydroCanuck
    HydroCanuck
    ✭✭
    Mightylink wrote: »

except wow's cash shop isnt just vanity anymore, you can now pay for levels and xp boosts, its starting to become borderline p2w and thats unacceptable for a monthly subscription
    Allowing people to purchase a level 90, so they can go straight to playing new content with their friends, rather than grinding through 10 years of obsolete content first, is not P2W, it's smart buisiness. You still have to play to get gear and such. P2W is when you can buy all the best gear and weapons.

• SgtPepperUK
    SgtPepperUK
    ✭✭✭
    Govalon wrote: »
    I recently checked FFXIV forums. It was hilarious. Much more crying happens there but I might have had a bad timing since there was so much crying about cash shop coming in even though it is p2p game. I think cash shop was anounced just now so the initial crying that happens during every new thing in all games might be going on there

Definitely just bad timing. Now and again things happen, like the server issues at launch, the price of player housing or the cash shop and multiple threads pop up and dominate the front page of general discussion for a while.

Rest of the time it's usually a pretty nice community forum.

As to OP, I'm gonna guess...ArcheAge? If so it wouldn't surprise given how much Trion have really dropped the ball with that one.

• spryler
    spryler
    ✭✭✭
    Mightylink wrote: »

Allowing people to purchase a level 90, so they can go straight to playing new content with their friends, rather than grinding through 10 years of obsolete content first, is not P2W, it's smart buisiness. You still have to play to get gear and such. P2W is when you can buy all the best gear and weapons.

Exactly WoW's problem, they are all about smart business not about making the best game possible. Their overarching goal is to make as much money possible, which is fine of course. It doesn't mean it's the best way to do it and it doesn't mean that's the kind of game I'm going to play (anymore).

<Note - second paragraph is unrelated to the above quote>
    I am confused by the worst doom-and-gloomers that come on these forums. I know the game has problems and bugs, but I don't believe the situation to be as dire as they say. It's a bit like getting a papercut and then rushing to the ER, getting a doctor's note, and taking a week off of work. I mean it's just not that bad, seriously.
    Edited by spryler on December 3, 2014 10:00PM
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha people always cry on mmo forums. The best forum so far i think is EVE online. Still whine but not as much as others. But think the reason is most players there are people up in age :)
  • HydroCanuck
    HydroCanuck
    ✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »
    Haha people always cry on mmo forums. The best forum so far i think is EVE online. Still whine but not as much as others. But think the reason is most players there are people up in age :)

Nah, it's because in Eve, there can be serious repricussions brought down on your Character, Corp and alliance.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Comparing an advancement in life saving technology with advancement in leisure technology? c'mon.

I liken it more to people complaining about their experience going to see a Dallas Cowboy game because the monitors they see the replays on aren't big enough.

Seems silly doesn't it?

Humanity (and not only it) is pre-programmed to evolve and improve, in every field. Striving for evolution is the keyword, not a superficial distinction about where such evolution it's "allowed" to apply.