The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enchanting worth leveling as you can buy Enchants ...

Xwift
Xwift
Soul Shriven
What are advantages of leveling Enchanting Craft as it is slow. You can buy Enchants already from merchants. So it'll be fair to presume I'd be able to make better Enchants using Enchanting, compared too what I might be able to find from merchants.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From NPC merchants you can only get white quality glyphs that increase common things (like max. health, max magicka, ...).
    As a crafter you can make them in higher quality and also do some more speacial glyphes (Magicka regeneration on hit, armour reduction of enemy hit, Cooldown reduction of potions, ...)
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xwift wrote: »
    What are advantages of leveling Enchanting Craft as it is slow. You can buy Enchants already from merchants. So it'll be fair to presume I'd be able to make better Enchants using Enchanting, compared too what I might be able to find from merchants.

Its not as bad as it used to be. If you run some daedric or undead dungeons you will get glyphs. Decon those as you go along and you will get your Enchanting leveled up along with your character (I mean you will be able to make the glyphs they need as they level up)

The Enchanter Writs are a nice source of inspiration too, so do some of those.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can find somebody with a surplus of runes and max enchanting (i.e. guild mate) they will be able to catapult your enchanting level by you deconstructing their runes.

P.S. I'm fresh out and my guild has 4 new max enchanters.
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You almost answered your own question. As a Enchanter, you can create unique and higher level glyphs than what you can get from a vendor. Right now I have a level 47 enchanter and it's taken almost forever to get there because I'm just extracting dropped glyphs. ZOS recommends using a enchanting partner to trade glyphs for extracting, but I refuse to do that.
    Options
  • Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    I spent a lot of gold and time to get to be a Master Enchanter and I think it was worth it.
    Edited by Surfinginhawaii on December 2, 2014 9:51PM
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    Right now I have a level 47 enchanter and it's taken almost forever to get there because I'm just extracting dropped glyphs. ZOS recommends using a enchanting partner to trade glyphs for extracting, but I refuse to do that.

I forget exactly when date wise the change to Enchanting was made, but I was at L29 just before the change was made, and I hit 50 about a week and a half ago. Mostly from deconning looted glyphs. Now, making some items from Kuta and Rekuta can give a nice big boost in Enchanting so keep that in mind if you have some extra Kutas. Or Rekuta's.

Basically, you max Enchanting at L40, as that is when you unlock the last Potency Passive. The only passive you have yet to unlock is L3 for the Keen Eye, and that is the least needed Keen Eye of all of them (either L3 of any Keen Eye and Enchanting KE to begin with as they already glow).

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Enchanter is the most powerful crafter in the game. Next is a tie between Provisioning and Alchemy.

A high level Enchanter allows so many things you will never find in a store. My new Argonian NB is aimed at heavy potion usage and he has jewelery to both reduce cooldown and increase potion power. Just one example. There are many more.
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The Enchanter Writs are a nice source of inspiration too, so do some of those.
    A single VR10-14 (Rank 9) crafted Glyph using a Jejota or Denata is worth more IP than the Enchanting Writ turn in for leveling characters. The reason to do those however is the chance to get an Enchanting Survey which leads to a spot with several double Runes. If you get lucky enough to get a Kuta, you get 2. I agree with the points above, it's MILES easier than it used to be and has good value in the long run via Hirelings (if RNG smiles on you) and the ability to craft your own BiS glyphs.
    Options