Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "A Closer Look at Crafting Writs"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for "A Closer Look at Crafting Writs."

Read our helpful guide to learn why crafting in Tamriel is now better than ever.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    Great idea! A comprehensive article on writs a full month after they were first added and everyone has already figured it out for themselves! Love it!
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Ferawen - VR14 Bosmer Nightblade
    Quvalwe - VR2 Altmer Sorcerer
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Belwurz gro-Yungash - Lvl 35 Orc Dragonknight
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dutseiwitsei - Lvl 27 Argonian Templar
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's, uhm, useful for newcomers, I guess?

I have a question.
    "You can obtain a quest for certification from any Writ Board, which you’ll find in every major city, or you can go directly to the certification trainers yourself. Note that you’ll need to be at least level 6 to get started."

I assume this level requirement applies to writs? Because you can do certifications earlier (or did something change since the first version of 1.5?)
  • jackleminer55
    jackleminer55
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ I would love for there to be many more articles on the different systems of the game like this one, but a few changes. First of all, as stated above, the timing should come a little bit sooner after the system is released, or perhaps even before hand. This kind of thing would be great for explaining the champion system when it comes out.

Also it would be great to explain some of the more complicated systems of the game, as this crafting writ system is relatively simple.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Definitely agree with you, @jackleminer55‌! Moving forward, we'll aim to release these types of articles shortly after the update they are published with, and will also work on getting similar articles published to further explain more complicated systems.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    First of all, as stated above, the timing should come a little bit sooner after the system is released, or perhaps even before hand. This kind of thing would be great for explaining the champion System when it comes out.

This one is huge, there is currently so much confusion about the CS going on.

On-Topic: The basic idea of the article is great, but as stated above a bit more timing would be nice. Publishing it even before an update would give Players something specific to look forward to, which is great.

I'm glad to see that you guys are trying to make the game as clear and intuitive as possible.
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely agree with you, @jackleminer55‌! Moving forward, we'll aim to release these types of articles shortly after the update they are published with, and will also work on getting similar articles published to further explain more complicated systems.

I hope a similar one is coming pre Champion System as right now we customers are very confused about it (those that didn't see the guild summit where you spoke about it).

With many pictures please, as I like pictures! ;)
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Timing of the aricle bad? .. Yes.. but.. umm.. geez. Frankly, I craft all my weapons, armor and shields, plus maxed on an alt with prov and working on ench/alchemy on another. The writs are useless to all of them, as they either require turnins to zones they are 20-30 levels too high for the alt to go or the mats required are too valuable vs what rewards come out of the quest.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The article itself is great and very helpful for beginners ... but it doesn't change the fact that the current writ system is very limited for players who have already maxed the crafts.
    Edited by Gyudan on December 3, 2014 2:41PM
    Wololo.
  • ljhopkins_1
    ljhopkins_1
    Soul Shriven
    is ESO going to fix the bug with the enchanting writs. I have found a required item , crafted the correct Glyph but the quest does not see my Glyph, i have submitted 4-5 bug reports and have heard no response or no in game answers
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    is ESO going to fix the bug with the enchanting writs. I have found a required item , crafted the correct Glyph but the quest does not see my Glyph, i have submitted 4-5 bug reports and have heard no response or no in game answers
    Did you use Ta to craft the glyph? It has to be Ta.

• wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are inspiration points totally worthless if you are level 50 in that craft?? Thank you for an awesome game!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • snowsong
    snowsong
    ✭✭✭
    Great article for clarity! Thanx! i really enjoy this new aspect of the game! It makes crafting more exciting to make adventures out of it if we want with these writs, like this! :D
    STORM-CATS =^..^=GUILD
    http://storm-cats.weebly.com/
    [Snowsong is using ROG G752VS on NA server.]
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for "A Closer Look at Crafting Writs."

Read our helpful guide to learn why crafting in Tamriel is now better than ever.

Great article.

@ZOS_JasonLeavey can you share any future plans what changes will be made to the crafting writs to make them more fun for people who have their skill maxed?

Currently, I've got all crafting skills at 50, and the only writs worth doing are the consumable writs. This is because the woodworker, blacksmith, and clothier writs use more mats than they provide in return, and I don't need the inspiration from doing them.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JasonLeavey @ZOS_JessicaFolsom My hubby worked all day yesterday getting his lower level Character up to 50 on provisioning. Then went to the board and took the crafting certification note off. Went to Glenumbra to talk to Danel for provisioning. He was not in the Mages Guild. His marker was on the compass, but he was not in there. He reloaded UI and left and re-entered the mages guild, still Danel was not there. He relogged whole computer and still he wasn't there. At that point he abandoned the certification letter quest at 7pm est on 07-12-2015. It is now 3:30pm est on 07-13-2015 and he went to the crafting board and there is no guest giver chevron there and he can not get the quest back. Can anyone please help?? He doesn't have the quest in his journal, and when going to the mages guild the guy is still not there and there is no marker on the compass, so he doesn't have the quest to get certification.

Edit:
    I loaded one of my baby toons and got the Crafting Certification on her, invited my hubby's character to group and shared the quest. He got the quest it said to go to Danel in mages guild, he went and Danel's character is not to be seen, his chevron is showing on hubby's compass, but he is not there to talk to???? I took my lower toon into mages guild and I can see Danel and talk to him, can you fixed this???
    Edited by Lady_Rosabella on July 13, 2015 7:51PM