The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Extreme Latency All the Time

Poxheart
Poxheart
✭✭✭✭✭
So I went away to visit family for Thanksgiving and now that I'm back home I find that I can't play ESO because of extremely high latency all the time (PvE and PvP). Now it appears I can't even log into the game because it times out after entering my password. If I do manage to get to character select, the game often times out before the loading screen disappears.

I had no issues at all when I last played the game (Wednesday morning, PST), but now the latency meter reads 999+ whenever I manage to log into the game. I've reset my modem and router but that has made no difference. I've run internet speed tests, ping tests and got results that were expected. I've also done web searches and streamed youtube videos while in game and there were no problems there either. When I pinged Zenimax's IP, however, I got results ranging from 4 packets lost to 2 of 4 packets lost.

It appears that there is an issue between my ISP (Charter) and Zenimax. Has anybody else experienced this? If so, how was the matter resolved?
Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
Poxheart Nightblade
The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
Knights of the WhiteWolf
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Poxheart,

We went ahead and created a customer support ticket for you on this issue. Our customer support team will be able to request and analyze the necessary information, such as trace routes or a game consultant file, and determine why you're experiencing latency issues. They will reach out to you via email shortly. Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Lettey
    Lettey
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issue. Could you let me know of it get resolved anytime soon? I haven't been able to play it since I bought it :'(
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My latency got worse since the patch too.
    Use to be constantly below 100....now mostly around 300.
    Alas,,, my OCZ vector 150 SSD just died yesterday morning.
    So dont bother with a fix for me :(
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited