Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"In His Wake" Quest Bugged in Riften/The Rift

Kosar
Kosar
✭✭✭
So every time I accepted this quest from the guard who ran up to me, I then moved to the circled area and it would crash my game. When I would log back in, the quest would be out of my log and I would avoid the running guard. (He will actually literally chase you to every inch of the map...which I found hilarious at times when I would ignore him.)
Earlier today I noticed a few other minor bugs were fixed so I was walking back to Riften and accepted a quest from someone in a camp near the city. This triggered the same quest, but since it triggered so differently, I approached the circle. Crashed. This time, however, logging back in does not abandon the quest, so the game instantly crashes every time I log in.
Posting here to warn people and hope for suggestions to fix my situation--going to also post in tech support I guess. Kinda annoying cause I'm not really ready to start my alt yet but I can't play my main because she is stuck in this awful spot :(
Edited by Kosar on April 10, 2014 1:30AM
  • jmastrisdub17_ESO
    I have tried logging into my character 6 times in the last 15 minutes, I cannot even log in after getting this quest... DO NOT TAKE THIS QUEST.
  • armen1337b16_ESO
    Same problem, trying to accept the quest crashes my game (ESO has stopped working) and whenever I manage to log back in the quest is still available and unaccepted.
  • thilog
    thilog
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem, trying to accept the quest crashes my game (ESO has stopped working) and whenever I manage to log back in the quest is still available and unaccepted.

I got this last night, but decided not to log back in, when i logged in this afternoon, the quest was gone, it's like a little rollback..

• Phoenix135
    Quest is still bugged. Has crashed my game at least four times this afternoon after accepting this quest.
  • Alysta
    Alysta
    ✭✭
    Has anyone figured out a fix for this yet?
  • Imp666
    Imp666
    ✭✭
    The whole quest is not bugged. You can burn the corpses just fine and put out the fires without problem, but once you enter the area where people are trapped by rubble it crashes.
  • pacmonster
    pacmonster
    Soul Shriven
    Imp666 wrote: »
    The whole quest is not bugged. You can burn the corpses just fine and put out the fires without problem, but once you enter the area where people are trapped by rubble it crashes.

Six months later and I have the same problem here. Cannot play with my charecter anymore.

• AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmm did this without too much trouble months ago...
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pacmonster wrote: »
    Imp666 wrote: »

Six months later and I have the same problem here. Cannot play with my charecter anymore.

DId you /bug it ingame? You are praying a dev sees it posting in the forums. Attaching a screenie in the bug tool..as you approach the area.. would give you a ticket to the devs to get them to look at it.

The post above yours is from May. I would think there would be many posts about it if it was happening to a lot of people. This is not even the support section of the website.

Also, did you do the boring troubleshooting of doing a repair of game in your launcher? Sounds like a file is corrupt and needs to be repaired to me.
    Edited by Darlgon on December 2, 2014 1:41PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.