The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about skill points after reaching VR14.

RSram
RSram
✭✭✭✭✭
I just reached VR14 while working on Cadwell's Gold, and still had 2/3's of the last zone left. My question is will I still get skill points for the major quest objectives and the shards? I still have the quests in Cyrodiil and shards that I haven't even touched yet.

From what I understand I will still gain XP points until the champion system is online.

I searched the forums but the search engine isn't giving me any hits; I guess it's the old "Garbage in and garbage out" results.
  • Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everything that gave you skill points before vr14, will still give you skill points. Shards, quests, pvp ranks, nothing has changed.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In the end you should have a bit under 300 skillpoints.

I have 274 on my sorcerer with all quests done, no mages guild book and alsmost no PVP.
    Edited by Gyudan on November 30, 2014 1:47PM
    Wololo.
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I can continue on then with Cadwell's gold then? And then Cyrodiil?
    I just won't gain any attributes - correct?

Another question just occurred to me: How to the players who just grind up to VR14 earn skill points if they stopped doing quests?

I know of many players who refused to do Cadwell's gold and went on to PVP once they hit VR1.

Thanks for the info.
    Edited by RSram on November 30, 2014 2:01PM
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Govalon wrote: »
    Everything that gave you skill points before vr14, will still give you skill points. Shards, quests, pvp ranks, nothing has changed.

I just re-read your post, so players can get skill points by gaining ranks in PVP?

So how many ranks are there in PVP?

• RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK I found my answer to the PVP leveling from a web article:
    Each player receives experience in PvP fights for killing players from other factions, for completing PvP quests, for capturing the keeps and many more. It is possible to enter Cyrodiil and level up there.
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RSram wrote: »

I just re-read your post, so players can get skill points by gaining ranks in PVP?

You can gain an additional 50 skillpoints in PvP by gaining rank, plus Cyrodill has something like 20+ skyshards. Basically, if you dont PvP or explore Cyrodiil, then you are missing out on a lot of skill points. Just go to Cyrodiil and do the tutorial and you will get 2 skill points out of it.
  • Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭

There are 50 ranks in PVP and each one gives you a skill point. Getting ranks is slow and nobody in the world has gotten rank 50 yet. First few ranks come quite fast but after that it will take days to gain even one rank. After some time it takes a week or more for casual players to get one rank. I believe most players are bellow rank 20.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are 46 skyshards in Cyrodiil.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another question just occurred to me: How to the players who just grind up to VR14 earn skill points if they stopped doing quests?

Most of the people I know that are PvP centric that grinded to VR14 earlier on, went back through Caldwells Silver and Gold and grabbed shards when PvP get's a little quiet.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently at 293 skillpoints. I'm missing 1 public dungeon skill point and 28 skillpoints from PVP. This means there are 322 skillpoints currently in the game.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently at 293 skillpoints. I'm missing 1 public dungeon skill point and 28 skillpoints from PVP. This means there are 322 skillpoints currently in the game.
    I currently have 285 and missing 38 from PVP, so that makes 323.... (maybe I miss counted somewhere) so 322 total sounds about right.
  • Leeric
    Leeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I can continue on then with Cadwell's gold then? And then Cyrodiil?
    I just won't gain any attributes - correct?

I know of many players who refused to do Cadwell's gold and went on to PVP once they hit VR1.

Thanks for the info.

Yes correct.

If they just grind, they don't get those skill points and have to go back to get them.