The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I don't know why someone lies still on the ground near a Keep.

EIGHTS
EIGHTS
✭✭✭✭
I don't know why someone lies still on the ground and wait someone rescue him even next to a Keep.

It's sufficient time to respawn at a near Keep and go back the battlefield.

I think this is the reason why we lost so much today. I will rescue every dead companions as I can. But I hope someone can help himself as well.

I did not mean to accuse anyone. Just hoping we can do better!
I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    May I ask one thing? It's possible that I can bind a key to say 'TY'?
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, bind a key to enter slash say TY enter...so basically : enter/say ty enter
    Edited by Tintinabula on November 29, 2014 4:36AM
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, bind a key to enter slash say TY enter...so basically : enter/say ty enter

Thanks for reply. I mean I press one key like 'T' that will show 'TY' in chat window. Because I can't type so fast in urgent.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh well if you don't have a macro keyboard then no.

And to the OP..I've been thinking about this. Sometimes I will indeed lay and wait..(not long but perhaps 30 seconds- 1 minute) because even though the keep is next door it would be a more efficient use of time to be resurrected so I can get back into the fight immediately rather than have my comrades have to wait the two minutes it takes for me to run back from the keep respawn.

Sometimes a push is just that and without your full force..its not a real push.AKA :trickling reinforcements from the keep respawn is not as effective as rezzing the dead at your feet.
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're waiting for the enemies they hit to be killed so they can get some AP.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends how many of the team remain...sometimes they can distract while others rez. It also causes the enemy to hang around you bodies wondering why you didnt rez....so they stay close and scout around ;)
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many people go afk after a death. I know that many times when i die i'll go make a cup of tea while i leave my character dead on the floor. Most people run past and never rez anyway so i never wait for a rez anymore.
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    EIGHTS wrote: »
    Thanks for reply. I mean I press one key like 'T' that will show 'TY' in chat window. Because I can't type so fast in urgent.

I made a simple AddOn to do this. But it can't send 'TY' directly. Because of system limitations. At least I don't have to input so many words.
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly when I lay there dead one of four things are occurring, 1) waiting on a Rez, 2)relaying messages to the group for their or zones benefit, 3) soaking up AP, and 4) taking a *** or getting more booze.

Apparently I'm not allowed to say going number 1....
    Edited by DezIsDead on November 30, 2014 1:34AM
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also a good time for a bio-break. Just sayin.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would be good to be able to tag yourself as AFK when you die..so folks wouldn't waste time with trying to resurrect you."Ghost droppin a deuce."
  • Lilarna
    Lilarna
    ✭✭✭
    Type /s Thanks a lot you merciful soldier, while you're lying there on the ground waiting for a raise... since you have all the time in the world...
    If you do get that raise, hit enter - upper arrow - enter and rush back into the fight.
    Seems fast enough to me at least, hitting just three keys. And it's a bit less "dry"...
    Housing contest: Gold Road Visions. https://discord.gg/us8aU9xQgx
    Lilarna - Wabbajack EU campaign nostalgic
    My Twitch Channel at LiLandChill: https://www.twitch.tv/lilandchill