The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What should I reroll as?

Nihili
Nihili
✭✭✭
So I'm looking for some opinions and advice.

I pulled my NB up to the appropriate Vet rank, and I'm reaching that stage where I'm looking at the builds I'm running and the builds other people are running, and I find myself getting jealous of the other people's build. And it's mostly a jealousy rooted in class differences. I'd like to roll a second toon that can be the "optimal" build of everything I didn't know before I made my NB - e.g. I wouldn't have rolled a Bosmer NB if I knew what Dunmer Sword and Board Resto staff DKs would turn out to be.

But funnily enough, between the three classes (DK, Sorc, Temp) DK interests me the least, but is the one that performs the "best". My only reason for rolling a DK would be so I could compete/face-roll in PvP - but other than that Temp and Sorc just look that much more fun. I want to use Bolt Escape and do all the flashy Sorc stuff, and Temp has so many options for Tanking/Healing/DPS. To help with my decision I rolled a Orc DK (lol wut, no Dunmer?) a Breton Sorc, and a Redgaurd Temp and I've levelled all of them to 20. Now I'm trying to figure out which one I should focus on up to level 50/V14.

The Sorc is turning out to be a lot of fun - kiting enemies from afar with skills that just feel hard-hitting (crystal shards). DK seems a little "Meh" - but I figured you'll only ever feel how OP a DK is when you reach the higher levels and get the right gear. Temp I can't say much about yet, it's a lot of fun, but I also feel I'll get a lot more enjoyment out of it at higher levels.

What do you guys think?
  • Breg_Magol
    Breg_Magol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never underestimate the Mudcrab ... :#
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.. I watched a V14 DK and V14 Templar bash on each other until they got tired and moved on. Neither could kill the other. Shows a certain survivability by the Templar I wasn't expecting to see.

The mobility of a Sorc is pretty appealing too.

Sorry but nobody but you can answer what you "should" roll.
  • Hybris6
    Hybris6
    ✭✭✭
    Reroll sorcerer and feel our pain
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd pick the one you actually like the most and not the one you think you are going to face roll with. If you enjoy kiting with the sorc and find the DK boring then go with sorc.
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I would wait before re-rolling.
    The Champ system aint far away and that is going to change EVERY spec ingame.
    What's naff right now may turn into a great start on the new system.

Roll an alt and get it ready to be a new craft mule char, I fear were gonna need lots more space once the new system happens with Spellcrafting being added.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP seems to be suffering from a severe case of the grass is greener. NBs probably have the easiest time of all the classes to get a spot in endgame PvE content and there are several more than viable PvP builds these days.
  • spoqster
    spoqster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only really played Templar, but I love it. Templars are fantastic all the way through endgame, but really excel at veteran ranks. You can create awesome tank builds with sword/board/resto. Blazing shield is a game changer, easily one of the best abilities in the game. The most fun I have gotten out of my templar was to create a TH build around Blazing Shield, Repentance and Brawler that essentially allows you to solo overworld Craglorn groups from VR5 on. But forget to think of Templars as being good at DPS. They're not. They've got a single DPS class, that's it.
  • Govalon
    Govalon
    ✭✭✭✭
    NB is really great in pve. Everybody loves your veil and if you use funnel health build instaed of crushing shock, you won't have much downtime with veil either. Whole group will benefit greatly from NB that gives off heal and damage reduction + good damage.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nihili wrote: »
    What do you guys think?

Get all of them to VR1 and wait for news on the Champion System.
    If you're done before then, continue leveling the one you like best.
    Wololo.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »
    Well.. I watched a V14 DK and V14 Templar bash on each other until they got tired and moved on. Neither could kill the other. Shows a certain survivability by the Templar I wasn't expecting to see.

Yeah, Templar has less DPS output but is more sturdy, while DK has higher DPS output but is more fragile. Both of mine are at VR2, and I've been noticing that difference since level 30. Templar is at times much more fun to play, but it can be a trawl against mobs/bosses.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule