The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Werewolf Update/news!!!

Brasseurfb16_ESO
Brasseurfb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Our team has been paying attention to the feedback you’re sharing about the werewolf skill line, and we’re ready to tell you about some of the changes we’re considering to improve the gameplay experience for all you followers of Hircine out there. We’re interested in seeing what you think!

First off, we’re planning to reduce the cost of transforming into a werewolf. The current costs feel too high, and we want you to be able to transform more frequently. We’ve also fixed a bug that prevented you from using the CC Break ability in werewolf form.

We want to make a few changes to damage scaling and the Savage Strength passive that will give you a little more burst potential and allow your gear upgrades to affect damage output in a more meaningful way. Savage Strength will offer a flat increase to power instead of stacking multiple times. The bonus is a bit lower to balance the change out, but overall you’ll have more ability to deal burst damage. We want light and heavy attacks to additionally scale off of weapon power (instead of just maximum stamina), and for Pounce and its morphs to scale off of weapon power instead of spell power.

Finally, we’ll be adding some all-new werewolf abilities to give you more combat options. Here’s what we’ve come up with (we’ll have more about the morphs in the future and would love to know what you’d like to see):
  • Hircine’s Bounty: This is a self-heal ability that gives you more survivability.
  • Piercing Howl: An ability that damages and knocks an enemy down.
  • Infectious Claws: A swipe attack that deals disease damage to multiple foes.
There you have it! Tell us what you think about the changes, which will be coming online in a future game update. Happy hunting!

From the following link bellow :
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/129277/upcoming-werewolf-changes/p1
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to dust off my trusted cross-bow and get myself a hefty supply of silver bolts!
    :D
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Time to dust off my trusted cross-bow and get myself a hefty supply of silver bolts!

You weren't already actively using those abilities for all the vampires? Odd. Anyway, I wouldn't think all too much of it. It will be awhile before we see any changes, and even then I doubt they'll be so good as for us to see such an influx in wolves as to match what we've seen from vampires.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You weren't already actively using those abilities for all the vampires? Odd.
    Not odd at all, i like to burn those to a crisp whenever i get a chance, more fun that way.
    ;-)
    Edited by SirAndy on August 28, 2014 11:36PM
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    You weren't already actively using those abilities for all the vampires? Odd.
    Not odd at all, i like to burn those to a crisp whenever i get a chance, more fun that way.
    ;-)

Heh fair enough, since I'm personally not a destro staff user or a dragonknight, I suppose that has never quite been an option for me ;)
  • Tendeep
    Tendeep
    ✭✭✭
    Cool... so they finally admit there is a problem, next step, do something about it. Glad we finally got an official post, but seriously, the bridge is burnt taking so long to bump this up on the list of to-do's.

Unless some changes come out in Update 4, what is the point?
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Huh? You didn't used it on all those Vampires?
    They are so many now, that I started using Turn Undead on top of the Blue Zerg for the laugh, and the results are impressive and very funny.

Best ability to break the enemy zerg, followed by Camouflage Hunter and Bow, (or any charge) combination (while stealthed).

The bow is almost single shooting cloth Vampires guaranteed with snipe. :D

Edited by p_tsakirisb16_ESO on August 31, 2014 7:47PM
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭

First off, we’re planning to reduce the cost of transforming into a werewolf. The current costs feel too high, and we want you to be able to transform more frequently. We’ve also fixed a bug that prevented you from using the CC Break ability in werewolf form.

We want to make a few changes to damage scaling and the Savage Strength passive that will give you a little more burst potential and allow your gear upgrades to affect damage output in a more meaningful way. Savage Strength will offer a flat increase to power instead of stacking multiple times. The bonus is a bit lower to balance the change out, but overall you’ll have more ability to deal burst damage. We want light and heavy attacks to additionally scale off of weapon power (instead of just maximum stamina), and for Pounce and its morphs to scale off of weapon power instead of spell power.

Finally, we’ll be adding some all-new werewolf abilities to give you more combat options.
    • Hircine’s Bounty: This is a self-heal ability that gives you more survivability.
    • Piercing Howl: An ability that damages and knocks an enemy down.
    • Infectious Claws: A swipe attack that deals disease damage to multiple foes.
    There you have it! Tell us what you think about the changes, which will be coming online in a future game update. Happy hunting!

I think some of these changes are good. I Really would love the ability to remain in the Werewolf form to last a lot longer, I would like to sustain it easier (maybe just feast off any corpse I don't see why the devour is only humanoids, since wolves don't rightly care if its animal or man they eat).
    I love the infectious claws idea and think there should be a passive that adds disease to your claw. Also, WHY o Why is there no Bite attack? I have massive jaws but all I do is swipe my claws?? boo. Maybe the bite can cause disease to proc? IDK but something there woudl be nice. Howls are ok.. I like the bounty to heal myself also.
    I also think that 90% of the passives need to be passive in and out of the form. Vampire passives are ALWAYS active and they are all AWESOME abilities. I love my vampire toon and could care less about this werewolf I have and he was the one I was more excited for in the games beginning.
    I like the scaling off of regular weapons and damage instead off of stamina since stamina vs magicka in the game isn't really balanced well and most other abilities are based on Magicka. Most toons don't really need much in the way of stamina boosts except werewolves and that handicaps them outside of their form currently. There also needs to be multiple abilities to chose from in the active tree for werewolves not just 4-5 (since it not only takes up an ultimate slot but it needs to account for Tank, DPS and Healer styles of play). While in this form you lose all your other abilities and this is a big negative compared to vampirism. I'm glad to see there is work being done and hopefully others have provided a lot more feedback than what I've seen on this forum! Keep up the great work Zen! :smiley:
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
  • Blockz888
    Blockz888
    ✭✭✭
    Theres a bug after transformation, if u manage to generate enough ultimate while in werewolf for another transformation it is reset after transforming back. That sucks?! All my hard work waisted. ...I really hope Werewolves are cool now because from what it sounds like it that vampires dominating. If id go into battle as a werewolf vs a vampire wud it be an unfair fight is what i am wondering here? They should be equally as strong!
    Leader of The Werewolf Legion, DC WW PVP Guild for Azura, we either pvping or training for pvp. If interested in joining send me an invite, brutiss.