Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I am so sick of my alliance mates not using synergies

LonePirate
LonePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
EP this message is for you.

When you are in battle alongside members of your faction and a message appears at the bottom of the screen for you to Press X, then do it. Don't stop to think about what it is or what will happen or where that message originated. Just press the X button - and press it again if a different message displays. These are not the useless Notification prompts you receive about a guildmate completing a trial. These are useful skills that you can activate in battle which help make those AD and DC scum easier to kill.

When you press X, you are using a synergy which is a secondary effect of a skill activated by one of your allies. These synergy prompts will often appear when someone has used an Ultimate skill so there is a benefit to you for using them. You will not lose Health or Magicka or Stamina by activating these synergies. There is no cost or harm in using them so for crying out loud, activate them!

If your head is still stuck in the clouds or in the sand, depending on the direction you prefer, just follow me around for a few minutes and you will learn what some of these synergies are. You will be prompted a few times to use a couple of different synergies which may just help save your life in battle. Please start paying attention and start using them.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Scum ?! Why I never ... :(
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Every time you miss a synergy, an Argonian gets his wings, and becomes a terrifying dragon. Do not support Alduin, hit your synergies.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Jaerlach
    Jaerlach
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »

When you are in battle alongside members of your faction and a message appears at the bottom of the screen for you to Press X, then do it. Don't stop to think about what it is or what will happen or where that message originated. Just press the X button - and press it again if a different message displays. These are not the useless Notification prompts you receive about a guildmate completing a trial. These are useful skills that you can activate in battle which help make those AD and DC scum easier to kill.

When you press X, you are using a synergy which is a secondary effect of a skill activated by one of your allies. These synergy prompts will often appear when someone has used an Ultimate skill so there is a benefit to you for using them. You will not lose Health or Magicka or Stamina by activating these synergies. There is no cost or harm in using them so for crying out loud, activate them!

If your head is still stuck in the clouds or in the sand, depending on the direction you prefer, just follow me around for a few minutes and you will learn what some of these synergies are. You will be prompted a few times to use a couple of different synergies which may just help save your life in battle. Please start paying attention and start using them.

Until someone uses a storm atronach, and you die.
    Jaerlach Kesepton (DK)
    The 7th Vanguard
    DC - NA first SO speed run & first Hardmode Speedrun
    NA Record Vet DSA: 11519
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    I totally understand that people have all kinds of reasons to not use a synergy. Sometimes they just miss the X message, or fail to synergy in time especially when they're casting and have high latency. Sometimes they don't want to use it because they don't think it's that powerful and it will take them time to cast it.
    For Storm Atronach, no body likes to synergy it for sure. But if it gets charged at the right time, especially for Charged Atronach, it can hit for very high damage with a Lightning Strike. And the charging can be canceled.
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaerlach you took the words right out of my mouth lol
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • DezIsDead
    DezIsDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaerlach you took the words right out of my mouth lol
    Dez Is Dead vr16 AD Sorc
    Rez Dez vr16 DC sorc
    Aimer Cantentius VR16 DC NB AKA Needs Vigor
    Vanreimus Comeback DC DK
    Ihealedurmum VR8 AD temp
    Unonti VR crafting sloot
    Zoschasedawaymyfweinds EP Temp
  • McLukos
    McLukos
    ✭✭✭
    I reset the button to my scroll wheel down. That way when im with a group I can just scroll down and activate alot of senergies quickly. Give it a shot and if you like it tell you friends!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well i dont want to use "slip away" in the middle of battle unless i am about to die... so you do have to actually read it and think:D
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am tiered of people picking up my blazing spear shards. That's my damage dam it!!
    - Mojican
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Options > Controls > Keybinds > Use Synergy: Mousewheel Up / Mousewheel Down.

You're welcome.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    well i dont want to use "slip away" in the middle of battle unless i am about to die... so you do have to actually read it and think:D

Does Slip Away synergy activate the Nightblade Master Assassin passive since it provides invisibilty? What about activating the stun on Veiled Strike?
    Could have interesting potential.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With one of the new undaunted passives, it's much more interesting and important to hit the "X"-Button!

*click*
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    LonePirate wrote: »

1. I never use it ;)
    2. I dont use skills that have syn :)
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • Lilarna
    Lilarna
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

Don't you ? Given how fast you move after hitting it, it's really nice though...
    Housing contest: Gold Road Visions. https://discord.gg/us8aU9xQgx
    Lilarna - Wabbajack EU campaign nostalgic
    My Twitch Channel at LiLandChill: https://www.twitch.tv/lilandchill