Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Class for Solo play

MistGuns
MistGuns
Soul Shriven
Hi

Im newcomer to this game so while insanely slow download takes place i decided to ask some veteran players lil advice.

What would be best class for solo playing this. If possible id like to solo as much content as i can. Can you solo dungeons ?
From what i gathered DK would be nice. (but i don't like animations on DK)
So whats left is NB vs Templar. (Sorc is dead, aye ?)

I assume I will need to play some form of Tank for solo, to last long enough till they die, or outheal dmg ?

Any advice is welcome, and thanks for help.

PS: If you got any insight on endgame NB vs Temp would like to hear that aswell, is there raids ? what class better for said raids ?
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK or NB magica build.

No you cannot solo group dungeons unless you set it up with your friend to lower level as they scale to the leader.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    DK or NB magica build.

No you cannot solo group dungeons unless you set it up with your friend to lower level as they scale to the leader.
    You can but you WILL die several times in the process and certain bosses may be a no-go just due to mechanics. There's multiple videos here, Reddit and YouTube that show all Classes (except Templar) solo'ing group content, including Trails' trash and 2 bosses. Their builds are VERY specific for that task and not really useful elsewhere in the game. It's also painfully slow killing as you are built for as much sustain as humanly possible.
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a Templar you can solo anything really if you're good :) I'm a templar and I know I can solo Public dungeons of my level, problem might be that in some Dungeons there's DPS check or you need 2 people for activating certain boss, etc. SO some stuff is impossible to solo. I would say only class can't solo stuff atm is sorcerer but, phergaps just nobody that I know has ever tryed. I know Templar is amazing at solo.
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Things are everchanging, but I'd say any class is fit for solo play, it comes down to player skills mostly there. You can sure solo public dungeons and most of Lower Crag delves if you know what you're doing, with any class, but I have huge doubts about soloing any vet dungeons after 1.5(if anyone's feeling a burning desire to prove me wrong, please do, I'd be genuinely interested).
    Anyway, they're fun with a group:)
  • Toadwater
    Toadwater
    Soul Shriven
    As a new player (3-4 weeks) I can say that the Nightblade, Sorcerer, and Dragonknight are all good for solo play (so far). Haven't tried a Templar yet. I've found that the key is to make sure and take full advantage of all the experience you can get from crafting, from discovering new areas, and from collecting shards. Do every quest you're given, and search areas fully for non-storyline quest givers. All of this will keep you at or above the level of many of the quests you'll be given, making them much easier for the new player to solo.
    In hole in the ground, there lived a... lot of slimy, creepy little creatures.
  • catpower
    catpower
    ✭✭✭
    My vote would be Templar or DK. Both have access to excellent heals without needing a restoration staff, honor the dead for Templar and green Dragon blood for DK.

They both have nice aoe (talons, blazing spear, jabs) and defensive buffs (molten weapons, spiked armor, rune focus) and debuffs (cinder, blinding flashes) AND damage shields (blazing shield).

What I really love is that you get easy heals without needing Resto staff so you can focus on other stuff. 1 hand shield is really tanky, Destro, dual wield, and 2 hand for solid aoe.

Oh, and don't let me dissuade you from Resto staff for soloing as regeneration alone is so awesome you might want Resto just to swap and apply rapid regeneration.
  • Aoife32001
    Aoife32001
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm only lvl 42 but, as a Templar, I can solo quite well most content outside of group dungeons (which really can't be solo'd at all anymore). Templar heals are, in my opinion, better than restoration staff or DK/NB/Sorc heals, and they get useful class skills for buffing defense, aoe, and maintaining distance.
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple answer:
    Sorc for PvE.

DK or NB for PvP.

If you're looking for a specific play style or build I reccomend you go look under the theorycrafting forums at tamrielfoundry.com
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps we need some more information to help you out. Do you know what kind of play style you have in mind? Caster? Melee? Mix?
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aoife32001 wrote: »
    I'm only lvl 42 but, as a Templar, I can solo quite well most content outside of group dungeons (which really can't be solo'd at all anymore). Templar heals are, in my opinion, better than restoration staff or DK/NB/Sorc heals, and they get useful class skills for buffing defense, aoe, and maintaining distance.

You need a solid aoe build to solo everything.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interrupts (and learning how to use them properly) can make playing any solo class much, MUCH easier. A lot of people seem to struggle with them, but they can make any class fairly effective for solo.
  • X3ina
    X3ina
    ✭✭✭
    The only class that can solo almost everything imo its sorcerer. They are very nerfed and have one of the lowest dps i know, but the combination of critical surge+impulse and high crit chance makes them really overpowered in soloing pve
    Edited by X3ina on November 29, 2014 5:59AM
    SW GoH > ESO
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    X3ina wrote: »
    The only class that can solo almost everything imo its sorcerer. They are very nerfed and have one of the lowest dps i know, but the combination of critical surge+impulse and high crit chance makes them really overpowered in soloing pve
    Any Class can solo just about anything with a very specific build/gear set made JUST for the Boss/group of trash they are trying to solo. There's videos of all Classes (Except Templar) solo'ing parts of AA, including the first Boss. Now, just because nobody has put up a video of a Templar doing the same doesn't mean they can't. I've seen Templars pull 3 sets of overland mobs in Spellscar and solo that, which includes no less than 15 enemies with 3 elites. As a NB I can solo 2 packs in Spellscar fine and with the right build could probably do 3 packs but it might get dodgy.

Point is it comes down to the build (abilities + passives) and gear. If you have that right, and specific to the task at hand, ALL Classes can solo most of ESO.
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    MistGuns wrote: »
    Hi

Im newcomer to this game so while insanely slow download takes place i decided to ask some veteran players lil advice.

What would be best class for solo playing this. If possible id like to solo as much content as i can. Can you solo dungeons ?
    From what i gathered DK would be nice. (but i don't like animations on DK)
    So whats left is NB vs Templar. (Sorc is dead, aye ?)

I assume I will need to play some form of Tank for solo, to last long enough till they die, or outheal dmg ?

Any advice is welcome, and thanks for help.

PS: If you got any insight on endgame NB vs Temp would like to hear that aswell, is there raids ? what class better for said raids ?

----

Well its seems all u need is a lame staff. They dont even need any other wep in this game.
    Bucuse thats what tanks use (Ye right), and casters (cloth) can take fare more DPS then one in full plate(Yea right).

Fail!!! Ones again.
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.Create a templar.
    2.get Puncturing Sweep.
    3.spam it.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    1.Create a templar.
    2.get Puncturing Sweep.
    3.spam it.

---

Fun how *** UP they made some of the classes, comperet to other, when it comes to use and cost off skills and ablilites!!!
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I solo pretty much anything (barring group dungeons) on my stamina built sorcerer. Critical Surge, Boundless Storm and Whirling Blades (dual wield AoE) cuts through public dungeons, and my bow will end most(!) world bosses without a hitch.
    There are some bosses I can't solo though, to be fair, but at vr3 (levels past 50) I could solo groups of mobs in Craglorn (the vr12-14 group zone) with those 3 skills (surge, storm and blades).
    Templars can do the same, to my knowledge, with a Blazing Shield build, Nightblades with a Sap Essence build, and Dragonknights with a Talons build.
    I'm not an expert on the last 3 classes (nor am I an expert on Sorc, but I do play one), so don't know the complete builds, but they center around the mentioned skills.