Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadow cloak + venom arrow = broken

Smexerz
Smexerz
Soul Shriven
Hey guys, i've been searching for this on the forums for a good half hour or so, and it seems like this problem should have been resolved in a patch, but its not, it's broken. Ive tried to use shadow cloak after hitting a mob with poising arrow maybe 100 times, it never works. EX:

Sneak attack with bow - Poison arrow - shadow cloak (going for the stun with concealed weapon) and guess what? IT NEVER WORKS, NOT ONCE.

I have tried, as an experiment, to be as close to the enemy as possible, but there is no way in hell i can get of concealed weapon before shadow cloak ends, well i can, but not with poison arrow anywhere in my rotation. Now the reason i put this out is because, as far as i noticed on the forums, people have been saying they fixed the problem and i want to ask you guys; if you know any work around? Any tips and tricks to make shadow cloak better? Does Zenimax know about this, and have they made any statements about it?
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They did not fix it. We still cannot use Shadow Cloak as long as an enemy has certain DoTs on it. Try to use Shadow Cloak while an enemy is standing in Path of Darkness you will get the same result. It severely limits our builds when we cannot use our stealth with DoTs.
    :trollin:
  • Smexerz
    Smexerz
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah i know right, because i really wanted to play nightblade with a bow, but since i cant use poison arrow with shadow cloak it doesn't do to well, sure i can use dual wield instead, but that's not what i wanted.

-" PLAY THE WAY YOU LIKE — Develop your own style with deep character customization and abilities " Award winning joke of 2014, Zenimax Online Studios
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its a gigantic problem that is starting to *** me off. yes, i just cussed on the forums. it is something i despise doing; that is how frustrating this issue is.

and cloak STILL breaks for no apparent reason. not as much as it used too. but it still happens. idk why ZOS thinks that 0.9=2.9; i suck at math, but i can do that basic counting.

Do i expect this skill to work absolutly 100% of the time? YES, why? here is why:

does dragon blood work every time it is used? yes

does bolt escape work every time it is used? yes

do templar heals/ self-heals work every single time they are used? yes.

does shadow cloak, the NBs "get out of jail free card" ability, work 100% of the time? NO.

its time to stop adding in pointless PvE grindzones and start fixing the game. NBs are not the only ones with problems either.
    Edited by Cody on November 26, 2014 5:15AM
  • Darthryan
    Darthryan
    ✭✭✭
    Ya zos has no idea wtf they are doing. They can't fix cloak. I took it off my build and have been using mist from vampire because at least the time it says it will work actually *** works! I don't even recommend people to play nb unless they want to play as some sort of mage. This cloak issue will never be fixed....
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    At least in Pve I had no issues, but since one of the last incremental patches the damage over time of Poison Arrow (and its morphs) breaks always Shadow Cloak (and its morphs).
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Fix cloak. No ability breaks on dmg, cloak should not eighter. And improve cloak.
  • Observant
    Observant
    ✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't *** me off (as much) if it didn't cost so much damn mana.
    I can buy a stack of invis pots for 9k and free up space on my bar.

... and the potions work. Even with DoT's.
    Vehemence
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Observant wrote: »
    It wouldn't *** me off (as much) if it didn't cost so much damn mana.
    I can buy a stack of invis pots for 9k and free up space on my bar.

... and the potions work. Even with DoT's.

thats another thing that bothers me. the potions work so much better than the actual spell!!!! an invisibility potion every class can get, works better, than the "unique" invisibility spell of the NB class!!!