The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Mass Hysteria

Blackthorn51
Blackthorn51
✭✭✭
So far since the update rolled out, my Mass Hysteria skill has not worked a single time in combat. It's something that it always on my melee bar and I've tried using it several times so far with zero effect on the enemy.

Is this a bug? Has anyone else encountered this issue?
  • Dublicious
    Dublicious
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, I thought you meant on the forums, 'cause drama.
    ESO Username: @Dublicious
    Title: Splitter of Hairs

ESO Characters:

Claricea Starlinor Vet 14Sorcerer DPS -- Woodworker/Blacksmith/Clothier -- Provisioner
    Liquado Starlinor Vet 4 DK Tank, alchemist
    Some low level Templar and NB...
    Options
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played 1.5 for 1h and pve only. Encountered: heavy lag when weapon swap, weapon swap breaks stealth, mass hysteria failed around 9 times from 10. And logged out :D
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It works for me. I have noticed that it doesn't always seem to, but maybe the mobs were not close enough. Also, remember that it only effects 2 each cast.
    :trollin:
    Options
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed it not working or playing the colored animation. Clearly isn't effecting targets for me around 50% of the time. I am aware that it wouldnt effect targets with immovable on so no need to respond with this. This is testing it agaisnt targets without immovable.

Also WHY CAN PEOPLE STILL BLOCK WHILST FEARED!? I cant block whilst rooted so..............
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »
    Also WHY CAN PEOPLE STILL BLOCK WHILST FEARED!? I cant block whilst rooted so..............

Did you mean 'while stunned'? Because i certainly can block while rooted.

Anyway, i currently do not use mass hysteria but it was used against me frequentl and worked.
    Options
  • Darthryan
    Darthryan
    ✭✭✭
    Worked once for me against a npc in pvp....other than that just add it another broken nb skill. What's left for us nbs that actually works?????
    Options
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well ambush was cool - but they nerfed it whilst trying and failing to rain in snipe.

Thanks ZOS
    Options
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dublicious wrote: »
    LOL, I thought you meant on the forums, 'cause drama.
    Me too!

"... Dogs and Cats Living Together ..."

Options
  • Shizashane
    Shizashane
    ✭✭✭
    My mass hysteria seems to be working ok. My summon shadow Image however has been acting funny. It shows the spell was cast and the timer goes off but I don't see it nor can I tele to. Also with ambush coming out of stealth at VT7 im still hitting 1.7k 2-3 hits and death so its still very potent.
    "Sound the charge, into glory ride! 10,000 side by side"
    Options
  • xANTIxMATTERx
    xANTIxMATTERx
    ✭✭✭
    I use mass hysteria in PVP as a NB DPS in light armor and staves. It's probably my favorite ability for PVP, and one of the only ways I can take down DK's and Temps who use sword and board and have heavy defense. It works fine as far as I've seen. You have to remember that diminishing returns on CC abilities will make it seem like the fear didn't work properly when it actually did.
    Anti-Matter | Nightblade | AR 40 | Flawless Conqueror | Former Emperor x 2
    Anti-Psychotic | Stamplar | AR 25 | Former Emperor
    Anti-Matter | Stam DK | AR 18 | Former Emperor
    Anti-Gravity | Stam Sorcerer | AR 10 | Flawless Conqueror
    Anti-Freeze | Magicka DK | Flawless Conqueror
    Anti-One | Magicka Sorc | Flawless Conqueror
    Anti-Matter | Magplar | Shehai Shatterer

Officer of Haxus | NA
    Member of The Order of Mundus | NA
    Former Member of Havoc, IR, Learn 2 Play and Crown Store Heros
    Options
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed it not working or playing the colored animation. Clearly isn't effecting targets for me around 50% of the time. I am aware that it wouldnt effect targets with immovable on so no need to respond with this. This is testing it agaisnt targets without immovable.

Why should you not be able to block when afraid? Isn't that somewhat the reason for using a shield in the first place. If I was afraid I'd behind a big ass portable shield if I could...just sayin.

I think it's probably good enough that your enemy isn't attacking for the duration.
    Options
  • elausche_ESO
    elausche_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If i was scared of something and had a shield in my hand, i would use it to block.

But as far as game mechanics are concerned, players feared should not be able to block.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vizier wrote: »

Why should you not be able to block when afraid? Isn't that somewhat the reason for using a shield in the first place. If I was afraid I'd behind a big ass portable shield if I could...just sayin.

I think it's probably good enough that your enemy isn't attacking for the duration.

the block and casters annoy the crap out of me. so i am about to annoy the crap out of the block and casters, and start perma fearing them:D if yall want to hide behind your block the whole battle, you shall be afraid whilst doing so!
    Edited by Cody on November 26, 2014 5:07AM
    Options
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZOS have confirmed you're not meant to be blocking while feared.
    Options
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭

um.... because you cant when effected by any other cc.... obviously

Options
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do notice that sometimes it does absolutely nothing. Nor do I ever see the snare working.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    Options