Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Oghma Infinium - A character tracking addon.

Bc1151
Bc1151
✭✭✭
It has occurred to me recently that most other mmo's have a online stat tracking system. So, I have got the ball rolling on this. Our stat tracker is purely optional, as it is a addon. It is login based so people don't fake their stats as yours. I am very excited about this, and I will be posting more info about this on this thread as time goes by. Currently there are two ways to show support, either leave a like on the thread or sign up for our service here: http://oghmainfinium.com/register.php please do not use your ESO password on here. We suggest using a username you would like to be looked up as.

Thanks for reading! Please show your support to keep us motivated on this :)

-Bc

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~EDIT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alrighty guys, Big news!

I have been working really hard with @yodased and I believe we are ready for another back end pre release! The new release version is 0.109!

How to get Oghma Infinium v0.109:

First download the lua code from here: https://github.com/Bc1151/Oghma-Infinium/releases/tag/0.109 (click download source code)

Navigate yourself to your addons folder for ESO

Extract the zip file in the /addons/

Rename the folder to: OghmaInfinium

Remove the spaces from the file names below:
Oghma Infinium.lua
Oghma Infinium.txt

So at this point the lua file for the addon should be about here: \Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\OghmaInfinium\OghmaInfinium.lua

Once you have all that done now its time to get the desktop application, As it automatically uploads the data we collect and supports virtually infinite data instead of the character limit of 4096 in game.

First go here: http://jenkins.bc1151.com/job/Oghma-Infinium-Desktop/33/com.Bc1151.OghmaInfinium$OghmaInfinium/

Download the OghmaInfinium-0.109-SNAPSHOT.jar file.
(If you feel you want a virus scan here it is: http://goo.gl/OuSkKE for the url & http://goo.gl/q6Zstw for the file itself, source code here: https://github.com/Bc1151/Oghma-Infinium-Desktop/ )

note: The desktop application is still in the development phase and there is no current official release or pre release.

Once you open the application it will be very basic as the ui is not done, to get the program started you must first have the saved variables of our application generated, so run the addon first. Once that's done click the load button (black in the bottom left) and navigate yourself to the saved variables, for me i would go here: C:\Users\Bc1151\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables\OghmaInfinium.lua

Once that's done it will automatically upload the data every five minutes or so. due to the unpredictable nature of the eso program saving the files, it may not upload the most recent data everytime, if you wish to manually force a save generate the like in the addon and type /reloadui .

Addon usage:

once you have the addon installed there will be a label in the bottom left area of your screen. Click it, type in the username and password you signed up for OUR service with (NOT your eso password) and then click generate link! Simple as that!

If you are not using the desktop application you must copy all the text in the boxes and put them into the form that @yodased will be setting up later today.

Please tell me if you have any errors issues or problems!

Thank ALL of you so much for all the continued support and help!

We have come so far, yet have so far to go!

Really looking forward to your feedback!
Edited by Bc1151 on January 17, 2015 6:41PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whoever is making the website and assisting with this project is a sexy beast, just thought you should know that
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    whoever is making the website and assisting with this project is a sexy beast, just thought you should know that
    That's probably because it's you, lol.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shhh don't give away the secret.

Honestly though folks this is going to be a really awesome, insightful and maybe even lol worthy addon that Bc1151 is making for you.

Show him the love he deserves, if you feel that you would use this addon, once again an addon that would allow you to share your particular buildout at any time from anywhere, go to the website and sign up.

Even if you never use it, it will motivate him/us to finish it and make our brains get bigger.

Thanks!
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Merrak
    Merrak
    ✭✭✭
    If you guys need any assistance, I'd be willing to lend a hand. If you are interested, you can look over my guild website and take a look around, and if I can help in any way, let me know.
    Merrak | Templar Main
    The Descendants | NA Server | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Signed up! Little confused though, do I need to do anything else after that?
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, eventually you will have to download and install an addon that we will provide to you.

So this is how it works:

1. you sign up with the website to make sure that your character name is actually you.
    2. the website will generate a token of sorts that is passed to the addon you installed.
    3. the token will identify you as your character and send your data to our website which when then redisplay your data to the world using our paramaters.

We are currently writing all three things: I am writing the front end code and the user interface for the plugin, Bc1151 is creating the actual logic and connections needed to parse the data.

Basically i'm in charge of making it pretty, he is in charge of making it work.
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I understand what the point of this is... can someone explain please?
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    take away the scrolling of the pages please >_> it is VERY nice and a job well done, but I do not like that mouse pointer controls the page turns. Make it like the other ones where you can click a corner and drag it to turn it :P Other than that ONE little issue (for me) it is going to be fun!
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, in both name and purpose.
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Side note; After signing up I want to see explosions and fireworks! Not a "registration is complete" white page. (sorry have to give you a hard time because I know it is a work in progress)

KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ThatNeonZebraAgain‌ the premise is this:

Say you want to share your build (Skills on your bar, weapons, armor, enchantments, morphs, character points assigned, acheevs).

As it stands right now, you could take a screen shot of all of that and make a post on a forum somewhere or put it on your guildchat or something.

When you change one thing all those screenies have to change.

This addon will allow people who want to use it a real time updated database of their characters status.

You will have a URL that you can sen people to and view yourself to see a replica of your Character, skills and eventually journal pages from in game on the website.

Thanks for the name compliment, I was proud of myself on that one too.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At work so I can't explore it completely, but any chance for this service to generate a forum signature of a condensed overview of a character? I.E. name, race, class, weapons equipped, skills on each bar, health/magicka/stamina?
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well its just a database so thats easily done tbh @BBSooner we can manipulate the data however we want once we have it.
  • Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    @BBSooner yodased is correct it could easily be done with a PHP image library :) I'll put that on the to do list :D
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Figured the data was there, glad to hear it's within the scope of the project though!
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome guys! Keep up the good work :) Looking forward to this new addon!
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    plugin logo

ohgma-logo.png
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an idea I had while looking at my guild's forum...

It would be awesome if you guys could also export know traits in each profession, and known recipes for provisioning.

Perhaps it's too much to ask for an initial version, but at least it's something very useful that can be kept in mind for later :)

Maybe you could check for installed addons that are already tracking this info themselves (like AI Research Grid and Sous Chef... for example) and just make it so it can be reported to your site? Just an idea...

As I said earlier, looking forward to it :)

Best wishes!
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    plugin logo

ohgma-logo.png

Looks like a cross between Timelord Writing and a Deadric Dream-catcher.

I like it.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st draft mockup of character page: Thoughts?

interior-mock1.jpg
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks nice, account created and will install addon tonight when it's out.
    Edited by TehMagnus on November 26, 2014 2:50PM
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    plugin logo

ohgma-logo.png

The tadpole that you dont want making it to the egg.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Bc1151
    Bc1151
    ✭✭✭
    Alright guys, I am starting to work on the addon itself, as the database and core are almost ready for a first run. The front end is going to look super sexy thanks to @yodased and his amazing talent. I'll post a update once I have a first draft for the code. I am really hyped about this!!
  • heavy_artillery
    heavy_artillery
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds interesting. I've signed up, looking fwd to seeing the addon
    @Bluenotebacker in-game, NA Server
  • Jahosefat
    Jahosefat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any plans/ways this could track pvp stats? Such as kills/deaths/killing blows? I think it is a great idea by the way :) Will definitely support this.
    Joeshock- AD NA AB Thorn Chill Sorc New Eden Low Sec Roamer

Fight not with monsters lest ye become one
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ThatNeonZebraAgain‌ the premise is this:

Say you want to share your build (Skills on your bar, weapons, armor, enchantments, morphs, character points assigned, acheevs).

As it stands right now, you could take a screen shot of all of that and make a post on a forum somewhere or put it on your guildchat or something.

When you change one thing all those screenies have to change.

This addon will allow people who want to use it a real time updated database of their characters status.

You will have a URL that you can sen people to and view yourself to see a replica of your Character, skills and eventually journal pages from in game on the website.

Thanks for the name compliment, I was proud of myself on that one too.

Ohhh I get it now. This is awesome!
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Axie
    Axie
    ✭✭
    Good luck!
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds great. Just a question though, addons aren't allowed to communicate with the outside world in any way right? So you'd have to manually export/import saved variables between the game and the site?
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pppontus wrote: »
    This sounds great. Just a question though, addons aren't allowed to communicate with the outside world in any way right? So you'd have to manually export/import saved variables between the game and the site?

You can't communicate with an external application/server from the API. That being said, I thought about how to automate this and ended up thinking it could be done by sending "in game" mails to addon managers in EU and NA who have a special addon that saves the data received in the mails (and removes the mail to save space). Then, a small tool installed in their pc, could periodically retrieve the data from the addon folder in the pc, format it and send it to the server.

Only problem with this is that the user receiving the mails has to be online and open his mailbox quite often ^^.

Edit: Technically you could ask all the user to install the tool to avoid manual submission but few would accept installing this I suppose.
    Edited by TehMagnus on November 27, 2014 11:30AM
  • pppontus
    pppontus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magnusnet wrote: »
    pppontus wrote: »

You can't communicate with an external application/server from the API. That being said, I thought about how to automate this and ended up thinking it could be done by sending "in game" mails to addon managers in EU and NA who have a special addon that saves the data received in the mails (and removes the mail to save space). Then, a small tool installed in their pc, could periodically retrieve the data from the addon folder in the pc, format it and send it to the server.

Only problem with this is that the user receiving the mails has to be online and open his mailbox quite often ^^.

Yep, I thought about something like that too, or just a tool that you install with the addon that reads and sends data .. open source in that case hehe :smile: