The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Dungeon Dweller Sorc solos Vet Elden Hollow

yodased
yodased
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
In case you guys haven't seen this awesome video. One of the dungeon dwellers decided to test his sorc pet build out in Elden Hollow and wound up soloing the thing.

Props to Erisana for the runs, thats one tough sorc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHbygH4WJe8

oh and here is his solo BC run too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5oANL62eYk

So those say sorcs are no good. I beg to differ.
Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that videos are before impulse nerf and dungeon scaling. Not such a big of an accomplishment :D
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you did it too?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i can do it for all dungeons when scaled down.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that videos are before impulse nerf and dungeon scaling. Not such a big of an accomplishment :D
    I'll always lol at people who really think there's a huge difference between Veteran Ranks, other than the quality of Glyph one can enchant the item with and superior potions/food at VR5. That Sorc did quite well considering he/she doesn't even have that great of stats. And that Impulse nerf you speak of is nothing more than a reduction of 2 meters in range. Watching his scrolling meter he's doing pretty average damage for a VR10+ (best glyphs) which means he/she's fighting for quite a while longer than if he/she was with a group meaning there's a higher chance to fail.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf* dungeon dwellers, OP guild D=<

Damn auto correct
    Edited by HeroOfNone on November 20, 2014 6:45PM
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    I'll always lol at people who really think there's a huge difference between Veteran Ranks, other than the quality of Glyph one can enchant the item with and superior potions/food at VR5. That Sorc did quite well considering he/she doesn't even have that great of stats. And that Impulse nerf you speak of is nothing more than a reduction of 2 meters in range. Watching his scrolling meter he's doing pretty average damage for a VR10+ (best glyphs) which means he/she's fighting for quite a while longer than if he/she was with a group meaning there's a higher chance to fail.

uh yes there is.....the monsters lose like 10-15% of there health per scaled level. Similar formula for damage.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is the Ultimate building up so fast? Mine does not gain at any near that rate
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uh yes there is.....the monsters lose like 10-15% of there health per scaled level. Similar formula for damage.
    It's not as high as you make it out to be. I completed Cadwell's Gold by VR7 and as AD my final boss was that Imperial beech with her 20 spawned skeletons. I did that as a NB back BEFORE any of the NB broken abilities were fixed or VR nerfed. Yes, there is a small difference in the health of enemies per VR and the damage they output but it's no where near 10-15%. The point is, a Vet dungeon is a Vet dungeon, the enemies and especially bosses are very similar in difficulty across the board. Recent changes to add scaling would only effect the outcome of his/her videos by a small amount I'd wager. The fact that he/she solo'd any Vet dungeon is impressive regardless of before/after scaling.
    Edited by DeLindsay on November 20, 2014 6:09PM
  • Aenlir
    Aenlir
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing my vids yoda, dungeon dwellers definitely OP
    Edited by Aenlir on November 20, 2014 6:30PM
  • Aenlir
    Aenlir
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    How is the Ultimate building up so fast? Mine does not gain at any near that rate

Fighters guild passive, self heals, aoe, evil hunter and crits
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's being modest. Ultimate is building that fast because he is OP as all get out.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's an especially nice touch that some of the skills aren't even maxed yet...

Definite example of someone that has a intimate understanding of their build.

(I definitely see now that EH had it out for me, as I was never able to roll dodge and have the fire not remain. I tried every combination under the stun, too.)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    As a NB I can run Veil of Blades Ultimate almost continuously, if there is enough enemies to Sap Essence. But I also have a high crit rate (Ultimate generation) and as @craigvigneaultub_ESO said having the FG passive gains you 9 Ult each time you kill an Undead/Daedra. It all adds up and fast, especially while solo'ing content because you are the only DD. Though I'm not sure I could solo like this unless I used my FunnelBlade build with 1H/Shield. That build for NB is horribly boring and takes forever to kill but it's sustain is impressive... Just not as impressive as a DK sustain build ;)
  • Aenlir
    Aenlir
    ✭✭✭
    (I definitely see now that EH had it out for me, as I was never able to roll dodge and have the fire not remain. I tried every combination under the stun, too.)

Since the update, you can't dodge roll the fire anymore. How it is now, it would be pretty much impossible to solo.