The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS get with it....

Sav72
Sav72
✭✭✭✭✭
WHY cant NB get a Shadow Cloak to get them out of combat?

Ironic how a Class based on Stealth can not even use it to its advantage.....

The 3 second vanish on Shadow Cloak is not up to par with:

DK: have Reflect...fine,,,, OP but Fine
Temps: have Great Heals
Sorc. Can get away with Streak
Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    They won't - It would upset the majority of the player base who have ditched their nb's and re-rolled dk's.

But of course they should.

• c.s.hicks_ESO
    c.s.hicks_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    You want a Shadow Cloak morph that takes you out of combat? Why would you need that? It isn't hard to imagine it being abused in PVP: Cloak, Surprise Attack, Cloak, Surprise Attack, Cloak, Surprise Attack...
  • guybrushtb16_ESO
    guybrushtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sav72 wrote: »

Amazingly stupid idea. Getting out of combat means full permanent stealth along with regaining the full sneak attack modifier, the last thing the game needs right now is bow snipers invisibly chaining sneak attacks.
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So....Reflect..Shield hold... Reflect.. Shield hold..... Reflect.. Shield hold......

Is a good idea?

I am basing my opinion on shadow cloak to escape,
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh but it is ok for DK's to be able to Reflect projectile strikes and Sorc's to have Bolt escape which gets them completely out of combat. But just mention Shadow Cloak as a way to get out of combat and OH NO WE CAN'T HAVE THAT SO UNFAIR. It's ok for DK's and Sorc's to have those advantages but we just can't give an advantage to NB's. Well seeing DK's Reflect Scales lasts 4 seconds then I think Shadow Cloak should be increased from 2.5 to 4 seconds also. In addition increase the speed of Shadow Cloak to match that of Bolt Escape. Lets spread the wealth a bit.
  • Darthryan
    Darthryan
    ✭✭✭
    Or have shadow cloak like wows rogue. Takes you out of combat but has a few minutes till it can be used again. Id use it then. Now I don't even have it on my main bar. I have it on my heal bar to remove dots and cast a heal so I can live one.more hit from a dk.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Amazingly stupid idea. Getting out of combat means full permanent stealth along with regaining the full sneak attack modifier, the last thing the game needs right now is bow snipers invisibly chaining sneak attacks.

Good point, I hadn't considered that. I agree with OP that Shadow Cloak is not fit for purpose, but we don't want Nightblades turning into griefers either.

Sidenote: the term not it for purpose is actually far more biting than it seems. In UK Parliament MPs (Members of Parliament) are under strict rules about language they can use. Not Fit For Purpose is actually about as close as they can get to useless without being eject from the vote.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on November 19, 2014 1:24PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    first... it needs to actually last the full 2.9 seconds. not 0.9 seconds.. not one second... not 2.8 seconds... 2.9 seconds, like it says.

2nd. it does not need to be chainable like you want... NBs could then take advantage of the shadow barrier passive(or whatever its called) and have almost permanent soft caped armor and spell resistance.

what the skill needs, is to last the full time, and to not be detectable by magelight and potions. at the very least not by potions. right now, anyone can get an invisbiility potion and get longer lasting invisibility. let the NBs cloak stand out by not being so easily broken by common means.
    Edited by Cody on November 23, 2014 5:20AM
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember seeing an armor set with a set bonus that granted healing while stealthed, what if they gave us a morph of shadow cloak that gave us some self heals when activated, then we wouldn't have to run with a stick just to have reliable self heals in PvP. I don't want an easy button, but shadow cloak does seem fairly underwhelming except in very specific situations.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • WrathOfRegicide
    WrathOfRegicide
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't understand ZoS's reasoning, Dk's are incredibly over powered with their green dragon blood, reflective scale, spammable talons, and that class ability that gives them 75% of the cost of an ultimates skill back to them in the form of their resources (magicka, health, and stanima). Then Templars get their sun shield and incredible heals. Socerers (even though under-powered nowadays) have bolt escape even though it was nerfed, but its still usuable. but when it comes to NB's shadow cloak its broken to no ends. there shouldn't be a potion that disrupts shadow cloak i can see if it took you out of stealth but when it completely negates a class ability such as shadow cloak its flawed. Its like if there were a potion to penetrate DK's reflective scale people would flip s***. ZoS seriously needs to fix this problem its been over six months and shadow cloak is still broken.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather they just fix it so it works like it did in the beginning. Keeps you in combat actually stays up for 3 seconds.

Taking you out of combat would mean resetting mobs and having them run back to their spawn points. Which would totally defeat the purpose of the skill..which (at least I think) is to vanish for a second and flank for a sneak attack.

Of course, ZOS seems to have no intention of fixing broken NB skills.. which is why my NB is now full on crafting alt and I'm leveling another toon.
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh look guys, sorcerers are fine because they can escape. That's so useful in the middle of a fight: let your teammates die and escape instead.
    Wololo.
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gyudan wrote: »
    Oh look guys, sorcerers are fine because they can escape. That's so useful in the middle of a fight: let your teammates die and escape instead.

The point was....You have a ability that works....

What is it, that you did not understand?
    Savoifair, EP NB

• Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    Oh but it is ok for DK's to be able to Reflect projectile strikes and Sorc's to have Bolt escape which gets them completely out of combat. But just mention Shadow Cloak as a way to get out of combat and OH NO WE CAN'T HAVE THAT SO UNFAIR. It's ok for DK's and Sorc's to have those advantages but we just can't give an advantage to NB's. Well seeing DK's Reflect Scales lasts 4 seconds then I think Shadow Cloak should be increased from 2.5 to 4 seconds also. In addition increase the speed of Shadow Cloak to match that of Bolt Escape. Lets spread the wealth a bit.

Have to agree. While I do use SC to pretty decent effect I do think it pretty much needs to either remove the NB from combat OR it needs to actually last the 2.9 seconds with less FUBAR knocking NB out of cloak. Make the morph remove effects as well as Dots and it would be pretty much where it needs to be.
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gyudan wrote: »
    Removal of Forward Camps made this incredibly powerful.
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    I think Shadow Cloak should be increased from 2.5 to 4 seconds also. In addition increase the speed of Shadow Cloak to match that of Bolt Escape. Lets spread the wealth a bit.
    I agree that the timer should be longer though for the cloak. I've thought that since I first used it. 4-5 sec should be the upgraded version IMO. I don't know that allowing it to break all combat over and over would be smart. It's better to just fix reflective scale for pvp. I play DK, NB and a Sorc and love them all equally for various reasons. I think there just needs to be some adjustments to balance them a bit. *shrugs*

...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums